PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Fiat 500X Team

Fiat500USA
11-19-2014, 02:23 AM
With the Fiat 500X introduction this Thursday at the LA Auto Show, let's put together some questions I can ask the team. Please post your questions as soon as you can so I can get with the right people in the next day or so. We'll try to get as many answers as we can. Looking forward to hearing them!

sjmst
11-19-2014, 10:47 AM
With the Fiat 500X introduction this Thursday at the LA Auto Show, let's put together some questions I can ask the team. Please post your questions as soon as you can so I can get with the right people in the next day or so. We'll try to get as many answers as we can. Looking forward to hearing them!

Great idea, Chris. Here I am having already purchased two 500's and I think the 500x will be a big seller. I am considering getting one this summer.
So, perhaps this info is already available, but my questions:
1) What is the US release date;
2) Will it have active cruise control or some form of forward collision mitigation.
Thanks
Sam

shadowshaggy
11-19-2014, 11:08 AM
1. Is there an Abarth version?
2. When is the Abarth version?
3. Will the Abarth version be available in AWD?
4. When can I test drive one?

smark
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
How much?

Fiat500USA
11-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Great idea, Chris. Here I am having already purchased two 500's and I think the 500x will be a big seller. I am considering getting one this summer.
So, perhaps this info is already available, but my questions:
1) What is the US release date;
2) Will it have active cruise control or some form of forward collision mitigation.
Thanks
Sam

Great questions! I'm looking to get one too. Hopefully by Fiat Freakout!

In Europe, I've heard the 500X will debut at dealers in February 2015, with regular deliveries beginning by the end of March. I will definitely ask!

Fiat500USA
11-20-2014, 03:44 PM
now is the time to ask questions I'm with the head of brand marketing.

sjmst
11-20-2014, 04:46 PM
now is the time to ask questions I'm with the head of brand marketing.

WHEN CAN I BUY ONE? :friendly_wink:

Fiat500USA
11-20-2014, 06:27 PM
HI Sam, I asked your questions. The cars do not come with active cruise control. that was one of the things that didn't make it over from Europe. The cars will be available second quarter.

sjmst
11-20-2014, 09:47 PM
HI Sam, I asked your questions. The cars do not come with active cruise control. that was one of the things that didn't make it over from Europe. The cars will be available second quarter.

Oh, ok, thanks. But see the USA website. It does list a collision warning system!

Tweak
11-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Oh, ok, thanks. But see the USA website. It does list a collision warning system!

Seems this feature was mentioned during the live event.

sjmst
11-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Seems this feature was mentioned during the live event.

Yes, Chris, the person you asked my not have understood the question or active cruise control is something different. I want collison mitigation, which it seems it WILL have!

For the 2016 model, the Fiat 500X comes with 70 standard and available safety and security features, like Blind-spot Monitoring, Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Cross Path detection and LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus.

Read more: http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/10450/20141120/2014-los-angeles-auto-show-2016-fiat-500x.htm#ixzz3Jig64Npp

Andree
11-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Adaptive cruise control IS different than collision mitigation.

Adaptive cruise control automatically slows the car while it is in cruise control mode, when it nears another vehicle. This is done without manually having to brake and then having to press resume.

It will not return to the set cruise control speed until the vehicle ahead speeds up or moves.

Check out the short YouTube from Chrysler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biyYxC9YJTs

Andree
11-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Also check out the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross-Path Systems YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0QdhlTg2M

Might as well get up to speed on the neat safety features!

Tweak
11-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Also check out the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross-Path Systems YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0QdhlTg2M

Might as well get up to speed on the neat safety features!

Sometimes when near a large vehicle...(almost any vehicle) this would be VERY useful on our little 500s.

Fiat500USA
11-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes, Chris, the person you asked my not have understood the question or active cruise control is something different. I want collison mitigation, which it seems it WILL have!

For the 2016 model, the Fiat 500X comes with 70 standard and available safety and security features, like Blind-spot Monitoring, Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Cross Path detection and LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus.

Sorry Sam I didn't answer your question fully, too much jet lag! I talked with the actual person who made the decision not to include the adaptive cruise control. We talked about the collision mitigation but I forgot to mention that in my answer. In Europe, the car also has the adaptive cruise but it was decided to leave that out here because they had to draw a line on something and that feature is not really a deal breaker. We both talked about not using it at is relinquishes some of your control over driving. I think when you see the pricing you'll see it was worth dropping.

sjmst
11-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Sorry Sam I didn't answer your question fully, too much jet lag! I talked with the actual person who made the decision not to include the adaptive cruise control. We talked about the collision mitigation but I forgot to mention that in my answer. In Europe, the car also has the adaptive cruise but it was decided to leave that out here because they had to draw a line on something and that feature is not really a deal breaker. We both talked about not using it at is relinquishes some of your control over driving. I think when you see the pricing you'll see it was worth dropping.

Great, thanks Chris, speaking of pricing, any news? Around same as "L"?

Andree
11-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Sometimes when near a large vehicle...(almost any vehicle) this would be VERY useful on our little 500s.

I'm loving the part for backing out of a parking spot. That's why I HAD to have the back up sensors, which takes care of stationary objects (how close am I to that concrete garage support). The sensors do help for moving objects too, of course.

But now to have a similar feature for MOVING on the highway, not just backing up, that's so excellent. I DO have my mirrors adjusted properly, but always appreciate an extra helping hand when navigating the roadways.

I'd guess that the warning will always being going on and off. The light-up parts. I think it can be turned off, if needed. I'm thinking in bumper to bumper commute, you probably don't need to be alerted to being completely surrounded by other cars. LOL.

But I want it ON, when on the freeway in regular traffic. I'm thinking of merging traffic mostly. Whether I'm the merger or someone else is, cars can seemingly appear out of nowhere!

For some, all the new technology will help them to become better drivers. Like with the backup sensors, I am now a better judge of distance when backing up! The sensors trained me!

With the alert for vehicles on the side rear, again, it will help train people to know when exactly they can and can't move over. Help them to judge speed and distance and awareness.

Some might get even more lazy, but the mind likes to learn things, and will constantly be reinforced via the alerts. Folks will learn whether they want to or not. LOL

I'm very excited for this for novice drivers. After getting the basics down, all these extra goodies help to teach the finer points.

And not that I want anyone drunk or drugged or otherwise impaired on the road, some of this could help avoid being hit by one of the less predictable drivers. Or perhaps save the life of the impaired driver themselves. Like if we're driving and have a medical emergency! Staying in the same lane, breaking to avoid collision, etc, could save the life of the driver and of others.

Fiat500USA
11-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Great, thanks Chris, speaking of pricing, any news? Around same as "L"?

They are actually having a meeting this week to finalize the price. Not entry level, but will be a represent a good value especially considering the level of equipment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because we are leaning towards buying one next spring and I would love to have all the equipment they offer. There is some neat stuff!

Andree
11-25-2014, 12:31 AM
They are actually having a meeting this week to finalize the price. Not entry level, but will be a represent a good value especially considering the level of equipment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because we are leaning towards buying one next spring and I would love to have all the equipment they offer. There is some neat stuff!

$24,500 to $38,900, my guesses. Pop to fully loaded whatever the most expensive is.

Let's guess! Everyone guess!

sjmst
11-25-2014, 12:26 PM
$24,500 to $38,900, my guesses. Pop to fully loaded whatever the most expensive is.

Let's guess! Everyone guess!

Anything above 30K well equipped is a deal breaker. For a lot of people. 38K is BMW territory, so forget that.

Andree
11-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Anything above 30K well equipped is a deal breaker. For a lot of people. 38K is BMW territory, so forget that.

It wasn't a very good guess, LOL. Any Fiat lowest priced model is "well equipped". The price of the 2wd model that has some options should be more than our hatches and the 500L. There are options that we can't order for our 500s. I don't have the slightest idea what some of the options cost for them, but certainly they cost "extra". I'd like to see the least expensive model of the new 500x be around 20,000-22,000. That would have the stick shift, the Abarth engine, etc.

But I don't have the slightest idea what all the 4wd goodies will cost, along with the other engine. Doing a quick search for Jeep prices for the new Renegade has one article stating 19,000 starting price with the Tigershark:
http://www.chron.com/cars/article/2015-Renegade-small-capable-Jeep-5721199.php

So I guess I'm WAYYYYY off. Should the car cost more or less or about the same as the Renegade Jeep? We have different bodies but similar underpinnings. I would guess it to cost MORE than our regular 500s and the Abarth models.

There's about a, what, $10,000 spread between the Pop and the Abarth? More! Almost 18,000 msrp for Pop up to almost 30,000 for fully optioned Abarth hatch. Including the auto transmission, and the 4wd versions of the 500x will come with the fancy new 9-speed transmission.

It's got to cost more for the 500x Pop, right? And probably more than the 500L? Which (the 500L) starts at just over $19,000 and ends up getting close to 30,000 in Lounge with many options.

There is a starting 20K spread on the Chrysler 300: http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/bmo/CUC201401/models.do?

The SafetyTec package for the 300 is 2K and includes all this:
SAFETYTEC
Adaptive Speed Control
Driver's Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Forward Collision Warning
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park Assist System
The ParkSense® front / rear park assist system uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight. Always check entire surroundings before backing up. ParkSense is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.
Power Multi-Function Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Rain sensitive windshield wipers automatically deploy when sensors on the windshield detect moisture.

Driver Convenience group is another 2,600:
DRIVER CONVENIENCE GROUP
Center High-Mount Stop Lamp
Fog Lamps
ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera
ParkView™ rear back-up camera is designed to assist the driver in detecting obstacles out of their line of sight during maneuvers. Always check entire surroundings before backing up.
Power Front Driver and Passenger Seats
Driver / Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
Remote Start System
Check state and local laws regarding use of remote start systems.
Security Alarm
Universal Garage Door Opener

The sunroof on the 300 is $1,755

I wouldn't expect the same or similar options to cost significantly more or less for the 500x. Plus a 5K difference if you go from 2wd to awd on the base model of the 300.

You're getting a LOT of goodies for each of the packages on the 300. The 500x will easily be over $30K with mega options. Just how much over 30K remains to be seen.

It's not a BMW and it's not supposed to be. It's another Fiat offering, with some cool retro styling, more safety and comfort, more room and available awd, to give consumers a choice.

What do you think the max should be? Considering the prices of the similar options on the 300?

sjmst
11-26-2014, 12:53 PM
It wasn't a very good guess, LOL. Any Fiat lowest priced model is "well equipped". The price of the 2wd model that has some options should be more than our hatches and the 500L. There are options that we can't order for our 500s. I don't have the slightest idea what some of the options cost for them, but certainly they cost "extra". I'd like to see the least expensive model of the new 500x be around 20,000-22,000. That would have the stick shift, the Abarth engine, etc.

But I don't have the slightest idea what all the 4wd goodies will cost, along with the other engine. Doing a quick search for Jeep prices for the new Renegade has one article stating 19,000 starting price with the Tigershark:
http://www.chron.com/cars/article/2015-Renegade-small-capable-Jeep-5721199.php

So I guess I'm WAYYYYY off. Should the car cost more or less or about the same as the Renegade Jeep? We have different bodies but similar underpinnings. I would guess it to cost MORE than our regular 500s and the Abarth models.

There's about a, what, $10,000 spread between the Pop and the Abarth? More! Almost 18,000 msrp for Pop up to almost 30,000 for fully optioned Abarth hatch. Including the auto transmission, and the 4wd versions of the 500x will come with the fancy new 9-speed transmission.

It's got to cost more for the 500x Pop, right? And probably more than the 500L? Which (the 500L) starts at just over $19,000 and ends up getting close to 30,000 in Lounge with many options.

There is a starting 20K spread on the Chrysler 300: http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/bmo/CUC201401/models.do?

The SafetyTec package for the 300 is 2K and includes all this:
SAFETYTEC
Adaptive Speed Control
Driver's Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Forward Collision Warning
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park Assist System
The ParkSense® front / rear park assist system uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight. Always check entire surroundings before backing up. ParkSense is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.
Power Multi-Function Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Rain sensitive windshield wipers automatically deploy when sensors on the windshield detect moisture.

Driver Convenience group is another 2,600:
DRIVER CONVENIENCE GROUP
Center High-Mount Stop Lamp
Fog Lamps
ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera
ParkView™ rear back-up camera is designed to assist the driver in detecting obstacles out of their line of sight during maneuvers. Always check entire surroundings before backing up.
Power Front Driver and Passenger Seats
Driver / Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
Remote Start System
Check state and local laws regarding use of remote start systems.
Security Alarm
Universal Garage Door Opener

The sunroof on the 300 is $1,755

I wouldn't expect the same or similar options to cost significantly more or less for the 500x. Plus a 5K difference if you go from 2wd to awd on the base model of the 300.

You're getting a LOT of goodies for each of the packages on the 300. The 500x will easily be over $30K with mega options. Just how much over 30K remains to be seen.

It's not a BMW and it's not supposed to be. It's another Fiat offering, with some cool retro styling, more safety and comfort, more room and available awd, to give consumers a choice.

What do you think the max should be? Considering the prices of the similar options on the 300?

I'm thinking you should able to get a base for no more than 20 and well equipped for 28 or LESS.

Fiat500USA
03-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Going to meet with the Fiat 500X team in the coming weeks. Post your questions here and we'll see if we can get some answers for you!

sjmst
03-12-2015, 10:26 AM
WHEN will we be able to buy one?? :frantic4yc:

Fiat500USA
03-12-2015, 10:31 AM
WHEN will we be able to buy one?? :frantic4yc:

You can buy one now! Contact your dealer and he should have a preliminary list of cars coming in. To be safe, they say those cars are expected in June, however, some cars may be here in May.

http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/02/fiat-500x-us-production-beginning.html

neubauerjoseph
03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Well guys , I am still torn between abarth and a jeep Cherokee and 500x. I like the inside of the 500x also I like the insides of the jeep. I really like the space and cargo storage. I drove the dart but don't like how slow it feels but some how the jeep with the 2.4 multiair feels fun and inspired. so I am think how will they tune the fiat 500x? Will they try for an Eco box? Or will they make the car feel more powered. I am just wondering am I got regret not buying a 500x?

Fiat500USA
04-01-2015, 01:07 AM
A reminder: I'll be seeing the 500X team shortly. If anyone has a question, please post it and I'll do my best to get an answer for you.

Rivmage
04-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Well guys , I am still torn between abarth and a jeep Cherokee and 500x. I like the inside of the 500x also I like the insides of the jeep. I really like the space and cargo storage. I drove the dart but don't like how slow it feels but some how the jeep with the 2.4 multiair feels fun and inspired. so I am think how will they tune the fiat 500x? Will they try for an Eco box? Or will they make the car feel more powered. I am just wondering am I got regret not buying a 500x?

I would guess they will tune it like the Jeep Renegade.

Scott

neubauerjoseph
04-02-2015, 03:10 PM
A reminder: I'll be seeing the 500X team shortly. If anyone has a question, please post it and I'll do my best to get an answer for you.

well I will ask you as if I was talking to the 500x team. So I would like to know 10 questions.
1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA?
2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it?
3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth?
4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power?
5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships?
6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market?
7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat?:jaw: ?
8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers?
9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products?
10. what have you guys cones to make sure that the studios have enough stock?

Fiat500USA
04-10-2015, 01:19 AM
well I will ask you as if I was talking to the 500x team. So I would like to know 10 questions.
4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power?
9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products?

Thanks for the questions for the Fiat 500X team. Here are some of the answers I know so far. A reminder for others is that I am flying out to meet the team in a few days. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll see if I can get some answers for you.

1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA? - Good question. I'll ask! On the smaller 500, I was told a while ago and have posted that a diesel is not likely do to the cost of certifying it for sale in the US. Plus, there are already three power plants for the car (MultiAir, MultiAir Turbo and electric powered).
2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it? - See above.
3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth? - I've asked this in November and followed up a few days ago. It doesn't seem likely. Why? An Abarth CUV is not in keeping with the heritage of the brand. Remember you heard it here first!
4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power? - Good Question!
5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships? - See above
6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market? - Product planners have been working on this project for about 3 1/2 years.
7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat?:jaw: ? - Interesting question!
8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers? - Yes, see this story: Fiat 500X by Mopar (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/01/fiat-500x-by-mopar.html), and this one: Mopar Gears up Fiat 500X Accessories (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2014/11/mopar-gears-up-fiat-500x-accessories.html)
9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products? - I'll Ask!
10. what have you guys cones to make sure that the studios have enough stock? - I'll ask!

Terry
04-10-2015, 04:06 PM
It is nice that we can go to a dealership and order the car, however, I don't know how many people would order a vehicle they never drove. Is there a chance that dealers will get at least one vehicle to test drive before all the cars arrive? Also, it must be a marketing strategy to withold the X as Jeep dealerships are already receiving the Renegade that comes off the same assembly line in Italy.. Finally, will the first cars be prima or special editions with special packages or pricing?----Chris, thanks for all your work and for this great site!

wnyfiat
04-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Why no manual transmission?
Very serious of purchase of X, purchased L in Nov, disappointed that Fiat missed the winter market for new X. Could not wait but maybe in fall.

Fiat500USA
04-11-2015, 01:50 AM
It is nice that we can go to a dealership and order the car, however, I don't know how many people would order a vehicle they never drove. Is there a chance that dealers will get at least one vehicle to test drive before all the cars arrive? Also, it must be a marketing strategy to withold the X as Jeep dealerships are already receiving the Renegade that comes off the same assembly line in Italy.. Finally, will the first cars be prima or special editions with special packages or pricing?----Chris, thanks for all your work and for this great site!

Hi Terry! Great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words!

The Jeep began US production before the 500X. The US 500X began being assembled around February 18. Dealers that I know are getting 5 cars in a preliminary shipment with more to follow. You are correct that not many people will buy before driving. Of course, some of us Prima owners did just that! LOL. For the hardcore Fiat enthusiasts out there, they can buy a car off of the preliminary list. That's my plan at least. I'll be driving one soon but can't really say too much right now.

Dealers will eventually get their preliminary cars, which folks can test drive, and then the dealers can find a car a customer wants from the allotment pools located across the country.

Check this story out I did in February, it gives some of the preliminary time frames of when to expect cars. Again, I'll have more info coming very shortly when I am allowed to say it. ;)

Fiat 500X US Production Beginning (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/02/fiat-500x-us-production-beginning.html)

Fiat500USA
04-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Why no manual transmission?
Very serious of purchase of X, purchased L in Nov, disappointed that Fiat missed the winter market for new X. Could not wait but maybe in fall.

Here is why no manual transmissions as told to me by the person in charge. First, Americans sadly don't buy them. Manual transmission take rate is something like 7 %. Also, very few cars in this segment have a manual trans, so that doesn't help.

Then there is the problem of logistics. One of the issues is that there is a constriction on combining all sorts of different options because the car is made so far away. You cannot special order a 500X. What they do is build cars with packages and have them ready made sitting at depots. Why is this? Because all the cars for 80 + countries are going to be made in one factory, so that means waiting lists, plus once a car is built there is a long boat ride to get here. This is one of the reasons there are no manual transmission cars other than the Pop. They cannot waste any space on the ship, at the port, or at the depots for something with limited market appeal.

My thought: Maybe one day this will change, but for right now when they are starting up, this is what we have.

Andree
04-11-2015, 03:12 AM
Here is why no manual transmissions as told to me by the person in charge. First, Americans sadly don't buy them. Manual transmission take rate is something like 7 %. Also, very few cars in this segment have a manual trans, so that doesn't help.

Then there is the problem of logistics. One of the issues is that there is a constriction on combining all sorts of different options because the car is made so far away. You cannot special order a 500X. What they do is build cars with packages and have them ready made sitting at depots. Why is this? Because all the cars for 80 + countries are going to be made in one factory, so that means waiting lists, plus once a car is built there is a long boat ride to get here. This is one of the reasons there are no manual transmission cars other than the Pop. They cannot waste any space on the ship, at the port, or at the depots for something with limited market appeal.

My thought: Maybe one day this will change, but for right now when they are starting up, this is what we have.

I think it's a good idea for starting out with the 500x. They've added transmissions before, like adding the stick to the Lounge 500 that originally only came in an automatic.

And I remember someone wanting a Lounge with the Abarth engine, which is pretty darn close to what could be found on the GQ Abarth.

They've added the different true automatic to the 500L line.

So, just because it comes out one way, it's not necessarily going to stay that way forever in the future. Starting off with the automatic will allow anyone to drive the vehicle. Anywhere in the world.

Get it out there. Get it seen. See where and how it catches on. See what is preferred of all the various models and trims.

Fiat has such an interesting customer base. You never know who is going to buy one, who you're going to see in a Fiat. Doesn't seem to matter much who they advertise to, or what their ads even mean, the cars sell to people who like the cars, despite the advertising.

So just like the 500 and 500L, we'll have even more people joining in the Fiat family. Will those people later want a stick shift? Will Fiat bring a stick to perhaps their Pop 500x model? And let that be the car folks end up tricking out, since it will have the Abarth engine? Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fiat500USA
04-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Now is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. This is a great opportunity, so don't miss it! Thanks!

Andree
04-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Now is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. This is a great opportunity, so don't miss it! Thanks!

But I don't have any questions. Just a couple of complaints about not matching the interior with the dash on the Easy and the Lounge. That chaps my hide. And yes, it would be enough to make me not buy either one.

The dash doesn't match the seats! :frantic4yc:

Terry
04-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Chris, one more question for you to pose for the team: Any plans for a power rear lift gate? -My wife, at 5ft2 found it hard to reach the rear hatch on the L and we fear it may be a similar result on the X. Thanks much!

Andree
04-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Chris, one more question for you to pose for the team: Any plans for a power rear lift gate? -My wife, at 5ft2 found it hard to reach the rear hatch on the L and we fear it may be a similar result on the X. Thanks much!

Yes! I'd be all for that. I'm a wee bit taller, but that's not my problem, it's that my shoulder is getting worse...and my arms are often laden after grabbing my bags. I can carry the lighter bags, but it's hard to reach up that high while holding the lighter bags. It would be an excellent option for those of us who are disabled or in body pain!

Fiat500USA
04-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Hi everybody, reminder that now*is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. Meeting tonight and tomorrow with the team so don't miss this opportunity! Thanks!

rustbucket
04-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi everybody, reminder that now*is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. Meeting tonight and tomorrow with the team so don't miss this opportunity! Thanks! Will it come with extra blue pills in the glovebox? :slap:

On a more serious note- have mpg numbers been released? The similar powertrainwise Jeep Renegade (2.4L, 9 speed, 4wd) is rated 21/29 .... respectable but not class leading. Will the 500X do better? Mpg's are a pretty big selling point in this class and the Honda CR-V's 26/33 and the Subaru Forester's 24/32 are considerably better than the Renegade's mpg.

Fiat500USA
04-17-2015, 07:58 AM
But I don't have any questions. Just a couple of complaints about not matching the interior with the dash on the Easy and the Lounge. That chaps my hide. And yes, it would be enough to make me not buy either one.

The dash doesn't match the seats! :frantic4yc:

On most cars except the Trekking, the dash will match the body color of the car, just like the 500! The website will reflect this shortly.

Here is some inside news. The configurator was set to go live in April, however, when the opportunity to advertise on the Super Bowl came, they had to put something up. They only had limited art work available and that is why you see the red dash with other color cars!

Fiat500USA
04-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the questions for the Fiat 500X team. Here are some of the answers I know so far. A reminder for others is that I am flying out to meet the team in a few days. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll see if I can get some answers for you.

1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA? - Good question. I'll ask! On the smaller 500, I was told a while ago and have posted that a diesel is not likely do to the cost of certifying it for sale in the US. Plus, there are already three power plants for the car (MultiAir, MultiAir Turbo and electric powered).
2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it? - See above.
3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth? - I've asked this in November and followed up a few days ago. It doesn't seem likely. Why? An Abarth CUV is not in keeping with the heritage of the brand. Remember you heard it here first!
4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power? - Good Question!
5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships? - See above
6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market? - Product planners have been working on this project for about 3 1/2 years.
7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat?:jaw: ? - Interesting question!
8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers? - Yes, see this story: Fiat 500X by Mopar (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/01/fiat-500x-by-mopar.html), and this one: Mopar Gears up Fiat 500X Accessories (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2014/11/mopar-gears-up-fiat-500x-accessories.html)
9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products? - I'll Ask!
10. what have you guys cones to make sure that the studios have enough stock? - I'll ask!

OK, here are some answers that I received for the above questions.

1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA? -As in the answer I gave above. Not likely due to the cost at the moment.
2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it? - Never say never, though...
3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth? - As above in the previous answer.
4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power? - That is a possibility that they will look into because the 500X shares much in common with the Renegade. There are currently more than 100 accessories that will be available around launch time.
5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships? - See directly above.
7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat?:jaw: ? - The 500X is designed to excel on-road with the excellent handling that you expect from a European car. The Renegade is more set up for off-road driving.
9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products? - Follow the links above to see what will be offered.
10. what have you guys done to make sure that the studios have enough stock? - The first shipment arrives next week. Dealers get them in about 4 weeks or so. Read this story and it will give you an idea about how they will be allocated: Fiat 500X US Production Beginning, Reserve Yours Today! (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/02/fiat-500x-us-production-beginning.html)

Andree
04-17-2015, 06:06 PM
On most cars except the Trekking, the dash will match the body color of the car, just like the 500! The website will reflect this shortly.

Here is some inside news. The configurator was set to go live in April, however, when the opportunity to advertise on the Super Bowl came, they had to put something up. They only had limited art work available and that is why you see the red dash with other color cars!

Woo hoo! Yay! Whoopee! Huzzah! Such great news! The tan, with the tan dash, with the tan interior. Oooh. Ahhh. MUST. SEE. PHOTOS. This is WONDERFUL news. Thank you so much!

jdavenport21
10-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Just bought my 500x about a week ago Love the car and saw the performance exhaust wish I could here it before buying it because I don't want my baby ferrari sound to go away but I do want it to be a little louder and I wish they had more performance parts for it. Like the 500x team said the x was built more for street than the renagade so why not give more street performance accessories like coil-overs or cold air intake or a performance chip? Love my car though just want to be able to customize the daylights out of it besides looks. :)

shonokin
12-03-2016, 06:44 PM
So I was doing a 150 mile radius search in the SF Bay Area to find a 2017 500x. Two things brought questions to mind.

1) there's only 1 single 2017 which showed up in the search. Are they not in full roll out yet?

2) of more concern, TWO Fiat dealerships have closed in the bay area very recently. Does this seem to be a common happening across the country right now? Seems kinda alarming to me.

Southernroadrunner
12-03-2016, 07:06 PM
So I was doing a 150 mile radius search in the SF Bay Area to find a 2017 500x. Two things brought questions to mind.

1) there's only 1 single 2017 which showed up in the search. Are they not in full roll out yet?

2) of more concern, TWO Fiat dealerships have closed in the bay area very recently. Does this seem to be a common happening across the country right now? Seems kinda alarming to me.

Can't answer the first question but on the second. All our dealers closed and after some reorganization they are being absorbed by CDJ dealers. If you do a search in the Fiat dealer locator where maybe you will find some new dealers

shonokin
12-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I suppose that's comforting in a way. Consolidation is better than just disappearing.

So does anyone know what's up with the 2017s?

carfreak09
12-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I suppose that's comforting in a way. Consolidation is better than just disappearing.

So does anyone know what's up with the 2017s?

From what I read, Fiat has decided to slowly roll out 2017 models in order to give dealers time to sell off leftover 16 models due to changes in price and models.

sjmst
12-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party. Maybe this has already been mentioned, but the two chief gripes about the X are stiff ride and power. Anything being done to address?

pkgmsu2000
12-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party. Maybe this has already been mentioned, but the two chief gripes about the X are stiff ride and power. Anything being done to address?

the X is not a fast car, but you do have aftermarket tuning options for 1.4T (eurocompulsion) and the option of adding a turbo to the 2.4 (road race motorsports)

Fiat500USA
12-09-2016, 02:03 PM

For everyday driving by normal people and not drag racers the car moves out pretty well. As for the ride, I personally think it is great. It isn't a squishy marshmallow ride that will get you seasick. It is nowhere near as stiff as an Abarth, so I don't get the criticism. Maybe to someone who grew up on poor handling Japanese or American cars it is too stiff?

sjmst
12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
For everyday driving by normal people and not drag racers the car moves out pretty well. As for the ride, I personally think it is great. It isn't a squishy marshmallow ride that will get you seasick. It is nowhere near as stiff as an Abarth, so I don't get the criticism. Maybe to someone who grew up on poor handling Japanese or American cars it is too stiff?
I never drove one, but that's what the reviews harp on...and jerky transmission.

pkgmsu2000
12-09-2016, 02:14 PM
I never drove one, but that's what the reviews harp on...and jerky transmission.

take the 1.4T manual trans 6-speed out for a test drive this weekend!!!!

Fiat500USA
12-10-2016, 02:16 AM
Many of these road tests came from the initial batch done on pre-production cars we drove in April. There have been multiple flashes since then that have enhanced driveability. The latest one was just released on December 3, 2016.

shonokin
01-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Here's a two-in-one question:
Where is the readout for external temp? I really can't seem to find it!
Which brings me to a wishful thinking sort of thing; I wish the EVIC was configurable to match the 500. As in everything you need to see for day to day driving was in one place (speed/time/external temp/etc). As much as I love the 500X, the EVIC is too spread out between various segregated menus.

5port
01-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Here's a two-in-one question:
Where is the readout for external temp? I really can't seem to find it!
Which brings me to a wishful thinking sort of thing; I wish the EVIC was configurable to match the 500. As in everything you need to see for day to day driving was in one place (speed/time/external temp/etc). As much as I love the 500X, the EVIC is too spread out between various segregated menus.

The external temp reading is an app. If you press the apps button and its not there ask the dealer to install it.

shonokin
01-08-2017, 11:09 AM
After sitting in the driveway playing with the EVIC settings I found the display configuration section, where I could select temp and time. And it works!

5port
01-08-2017, 12:11 PM
After sitting in the driveway playing with the EVIC settings I found the display configuration section, where I could select temp and time. And it works!
Sounds like incomplete dealer prep. Glad you got it worked out.

neubauerjoseph
01-08-2017, 12:19 PM

I wonder how much the drive mode selector helps on dirt roads? Also I would like to see how many people would like to see paddles like on the jeep gc? For the most part I like the 500x. I just wish you could order the 6.5 uconnect after the fact. Come on mopar.

pkgmsu2000
01-09-2017, 04:11 PM
i just saw the 500X sales numbers posted... Fiat 500X sales totaled 11,712 last year, would it be possible to learn what % of X sales or how many X were sold with the 1.4T engine with C635 manual trans?

Anson500x
01-10-2017, 02:06 AM
i just saw the 500X sales numbers posted... Fiat 500X sales totaled 11,712 last year, would it be possible to learn what % of X sales or how many X were sold with the 1.4T engine with C635 manual trans?

I read an article about that on Fiat500 Usa a few days ago, I think. Did you check there?

Anson500x
01-10-2017, 02:08 AM
I wonder how much the drive mode selector helps on dirt roads? Also I would like to see how many people would like to see paddles like on the jeep gc? For the most part I like the 500x. I just wish you could order the 6.5 uconnect after the fact. Come on mopar.

I agree with you on the 6.5. Wish they would have at least tell me that I should upgrade or would I like to, because it seems like an irreversable process for what you have that's built at the factory. :|

pkgmsu2000
01-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I read an article about that on Fiat500 Usa a few days ago, I think. Did you check there?

yes, i found that one, dont see a breakdown of sales for engine type, trans, FWD, AWD, etc

Mr.Norm
06-28-2017, 05:46 PM
I just bought a 2016 500x - 40,000 miles , 4cyl with 9 speed automatic fwd only - I am wondering can it be driven in the all weather mode transmission selection 100% of the time ?? -- I think it shifts better and I like that it eliminates first gear -- or is it like a 4wd truck and youre not suppose to use it during dry non-slippery conditions ?? Also is there any first year problems I should keep an eye out for ??

Southernroadrunner
06-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Mr Norm congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum sir

Fiat500USA
06-28-2017, 08:13 PM
I just bought a 2016 500x - 40,000 miles , 4cyl with 9 speed automatic fwd only - I am wondering can it be driven in the all weather mode transmission selection 100% of the time ?? -- I think it shifts better and I like that it eliminates first gear -- or is it like a 4wd truck and youre not suppose to use it during dry non-slippery conditions ?? Also is there any first year problems I should keep an eye out for ??

Hi, welcome to the forum. As you have FWD, there is no need to be concerned. Running the car in Traction + only affects the software. That mainly changes traction control and throttle changes. There also may be a change in power steering assist.

For others reading this, the All-Wheel-Drive system can be used on dry pavement without a problem. While I would imagine technically there would be some more wear on things compared to if the car was run in "Auto" mode, it may only matter if you keep the car a long time. I think the biggest impact would be a slight loss of fuel economy.

This article describes how the system works and what each mode does. http://www.fiat500usa.com/2016/01/fiat-500x-all-wheel-drive-system.html

There have been numerous software updates to enhance the drivability of the car. If you are having a concern you can get the software updates under warranty.

Sargis
02-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Hello, please help, my Fiat 500x the radio has no sound, the steering buttons do not work, the camera does not work, the parking sensors do not work, the seat heaters do not work, I leave in Armenia Yerevan