PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana Fall Cruise

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Just seeing if there is anyone out there that might want to meet up in Hot Springs, Arkansas and cruise Hwy 7 and back through Petite Jean Mountain State Park and back to Hot Springs. Thinking about meeting up in Hot Springs the morning of the 22nd or 23rd, yes next this weekend and enjoying the changing colors and mountain views, oh yea forgot about the Twisties. :onthego:

shadowshaggy
11-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Why did you pick the opening day of duck season?........

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 12:46 AM
Because I will be leaving the country on the 1st and will not be back until the 30th and wanted to see what some of my mods do before I go. I will be going no matter what but figured I'd send out a open invitation to everyone.

shadowshaggy
11-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Lol I understand, hit me up another time. I live in Jonesboro, so not 2.5 hours away.

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Will do maybe we could try and get a spring run together . I also live about 2.5 hours away from Hot Springs but the other direction, on the stateline above Shreveport. BTW congrats to the butt kicking you guys put on us LSU people, it was time though. LOL Have a great weekend and kill plenty ducks.

piney500
11-19-2014, 10:02 AM
I'd love to get out and drive more (can you believe I've had this thing almost four months now and only put 1,100 miles on it so far?) but my wife had already made plans for this weekend. My current health situation has been keeping me from straying too far as well. Looking forward to some nice spring cruises, though. Enjoy and be safe!

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 10:19 AM
If we get something together for spring I will let you know. I do know that they have a Euro Rally in Eureka Springs sometime during the spring and they run Hwy 23, the Pig Trail, Arkansas version of The Tail of the Dragon. If we get enough people interested we could plan a long weekend out of it.

shadowshaggy
11-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Will do maybe we could try and get a spring run together . I also live about 2.5 hours away from Hot Springs but the other direction, on the stateline above Shreveport. BTW congrats to the butt kicking you guys put on us LSU people, it was time though. LOL Have a great weekend and kill plenty ducks.

idk, don't watch college ball....I know shame on me

We'll see about the whole ducks n geese thing, it's freaking cold and I'm more of a 68 & partly cloudy kinda guy.

While we're at it, you gonna go to the Fiat on The Dragon in Spring? The three of us (and maybe Mike from Fayetville) can meet up in Memphis and make us a convoy to Knoxville gr_grin

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
If I am home I will be there. The wife and myself have a place in Gatlinburg and that is where I usually stay when I make that trip. Do you know what the dates are for 2015? The way I work is one month out of the country and about 26 days home. I leave out on Dec. 1st and get home on Dec 30th so that should put me in January, out February and in March and so on. Let me know though and if I am in might be able to get a great deal on a large Cabin up there and split the cost of it, that we everyone could have a little extra cash while there.

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Well after looking at the dates for Tail of the Dragon trip, I will be at work and that sucks. So I am going to look into when the Rally is in Eureka Springs and see if we could get a group together for that. There are a lot of twisties there also and a lot less cops and you have several routes we could play on and have all the exotics to look at as. Give me your options on this and I will check it out. Thanks

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 12:42 PM
If it would help anyone out that wanted to go, I could move it to the weekend of 28-30 of November let me know. Anyone who is married could bring their wives and loose a lot of money while they shop in the specialty shops in Hot Springs. LOL. Let me know.

InFuZiOn
11-19-2014, 03:30 PM
I'd love to get out and drive more (can you believe I've had this thing almost four months now and only put 1,100 miles on it so far?) but my wife had already made plans for this weekend. My current health situation has been keeping me from straying too far as well. Looking forward to some nice spring cruises, though. Enjoy and be safe!
I've barely had mine a month and I've already hit 2500 miles. :(

fatbug57
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM

Man come on guys that is why we bought cars like this ,to drive. I have had mine less than 2 weeks and have over 1000 miles on it and loving every minute of it.
Remember one thing Drive It Like You Stole It!!!!!!!

piney500
11-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Man come on guys that is why we bought cars like this ,to drive. I have had mine less than 2 weeks and have over 1000 miles on it and loving every minute of it.
Remember one thing Drive It Like You Stole It!!!!!!!

If I were able to get out more frequently I surely would. Unfortunately circumstances don't afford me that pleasure at the moment. Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be out and about more. As it stands, outside of going to visit my sister once, I mainly only use it for doctors appointments and getting to the VA hospital every couple of weeks. The wife does most of the driving when she's available. But I guess it will increase my resale value when the time comes, lol.

IRingTwyce
11-20-2014, 02:37 AM
I put 3500 miles on mine in the first 3 weeks. SpinningSmiley

fatbug57
11-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Going to be raining this weekend so I will be going next weekend. Anyone is welcome to come and join the fun. I will have my wife with me but not sure if she is going to ride or stay and get a bath and massage, oh yea and shop or not.

InFuZiOn
11-23-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't really have an issue with putting miles on it as much as in my subconscious I'm deducting miles from my warranty :P

shadowshaggy
11-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Shoulda got the extended warranty, 100k hells yeah. Oct 7th of last year to today, 3 to 23,000 and it'll be 30k after my trip from Memphis to Las Vegas in a few weeks.