PDA

View Full Version : "Excessive Radiator fluid temp"?

Sipde
11-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Twice this week my L turned over a bit slow and popped this message up on the display. It's starting to get colder here, not bad but colder. Anybody have any idea what this message is? I called my studio and they have no idea. They are supposed to call me back but I haven't heard from them yet.

boostfreak
11-13-2014, 06:34 PM
It means you are either overheating or have a defective sensor or wiring connection.

Sipde
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would believe sensor, that could explain why it doesn't want to start. I'll post again after I see the dealer next week. Hopefully I will have some news that could help someone else.

Sipde
11-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Update: After having the strange starting issue, the dead battery after a week sitting, and the radio re-booting every time I started the car I finally got my dealer to listen. I asked them to please check the battery ( something they must not have done when I complained back in May) and imagine my surprise when they said it was a bad battery!..Not.

No more strange starting issue, no re-booting of the radio, and hopefully if I have to have it sit for a week it won't be dead next time.