PDA

View Full Version : 500T..TORK tune...1/4 mile

cy-clone33
11-01-2014, 07:07 PM
SO my cars only engine mod is my homemade CAI AND my TORK tune which I received TODAY at 11:30 I was at the Cordova drag strip by 1:00

Met a nice guy that goes by moonwell on the forums ( Jason )

He has a sharp looking grey Abath with the light weight under drive pulley , uni-chip stage 2 , MPX throttle body , ATM FMIC and the new CAI that goes where the stock inner cooler use to sit

are 60 ft ,330 ft,660 and 1000 where VERY close I will post slips later within .02 of each other

THIS IS NOT a comparison of tunes etc just a great day at the strip with a new friend I am extremely happy with the 500T's performance

I post this BECAUSE everytime a thread starts about tunes somehow it ends in an argument .. well these 2 tunes were close enough that I can say with CONFIDENCE that its what you prefer. the piggy backs all work well with the UNICHIP stage 2 being the new big boy on the block , it has the great advantage of not removing your ECU and multiple tunes and some great options

For me the Tork works out the best simply from a money spent point , doesn't have the options etc but the product seems to run just as well I held boost at 23 lbs thru the powerband Jason had similar results with his unichip

I will be interested to see what he future holds for both of these products , both are sold be good people , I love this car Thanks

Gigante
11-01-2014, 07:16 PM
SO my cars only engine mod is my homemade CAI AND my TORK tune which I received TODAY at 11:30 I was at the Cordova drag strip by 1:00

He has a sharp looking grey Abath with the light weight under drive pulley , uni-chip stage 2 , MPX throttle body , ATM FMIC and the new CAI that goes where the stock inner cooler use to sit

are 60 ft ,330 ft,660 and 1000 where VERY close I will post slips later within .02 of each other

THIS IS NOT a comparison of tunes etc just a great day at the strip with a new friend I am extremely happy with the 500T's performance

I post this BECAUSE everytime a thread starts about tunes somehow it ends in an argument .. well these 2 tunes were close enough that I can say with CONFIDENCE that its what you prefer. the piggy backs all work well with the UNICHIP stage 2 being the new big boy on the block , it has the great advantage of not removing your ECU and multiple tunes and some great options

For me the Tork works out the best simply from a money spent point , doesn't have the options etc but the product seems to run just as well I held boost at 23 lbs thru the powerband Jason had similar results with his unichip

I will be interested to see what he future holds for both of these products , both are sold be good people , I love this car Thanks

Whoohoo! Way to go out and have some fun Ron... What a great day for you, have to be real pleased with your driving and the performance of the "T". I'm glad you had a great day and gave the Abarth and good run. Go gettem Big guy.

GIGANTE

docron
11-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Great job Ron! Sounds like fun, wish the weather was better here in Ohio as it was cold and windy here today....glad to see your mods are working out to your liking, that's impressive! :)

opiateESP
11-01-2014, 09:17 PM

That's phenomenal! Looking forward to seeing the slips!

cy-clone33
11-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Eddie you were correct , whatever John did fixed everything , thank you for the help

next up is the GT-1752s once I figure out what all is needed for the install and some E85 injectors

NGEN
11-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Ron - get moonwell to take some pictures for you. He is an excellent photographer. We feature his work on our website for the MPX rear exhaust. Great news on the tunes as well. It seems that the unichip stage 2 and tork tune are the two most aggressive tunes out there.

opiateESP
11-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Eddie you were correct , whatever John did fixed everything , thank you for the help

next up is the GT-1752s once I figure out what all is needed for the install and some E85 injectors

No worries! Glad it's all sorted! Looking forward to seeing what happens!

boostin
11-02-2014, 01:11 AM
this makes me happy ;)

opiateESP
11-02-2014, 01:24 AM
this makes me happy ;)

You should be! You're running that exact same tune :P

shagghie
11-02-2014, 01:58 AM
On my car at least, these two tunes are both indeed the most aggressive. For me Tork won out because of the options it has that a piggy can't give me like WOT shifting, launch control, ~7000 rev limiter, abs stealth install with no harness to go bad over time etc.
Butt dyno? In a side by side, money is on Tork with the longer legs and way it can make progressive power now north of 5500rpms. My exhaust sounds better with Tork tune too, especially around town with a ton more burble pops in a parking lot scenario when you roll up to the meet.
Can't go wrong w either option really, but I had both back to back and am settled on Tork overall for my needs.
I only wish I could get her on a1/4 mile now.

Great job Ron!

Btw did u get the bov adapter for the 1752s? Gonna get the 3"DP and that v-band mani too I presume?

For tuning... We know at least one person just letting the stock ecu and injectors take care of AFR's like it does. Even in safe mode you should be over 200whp with your mods, ya?

boostin
11-02-2014, 02:25 AM
You should be! You're running that exact same tune :P

:smokin: i believe it could post some good times for sure!

cy-clone33
11-02-2014, 05:14 AM
:smokin: i believe it could post some good times for sure!

Most likely better times than me , I have some health issues that prevent me from being fast on the shift, I also have an issue with the car shifting into third gear at high rpms , it shows at the 1000 ft mark I basically had to double clutch it for third gear

Jason ran a pass in the 14.6,, range prior to me arriving at the track , all the passes we ran together were best in the 14.7's ,, his car was better after the 1000 ft mark 2 out of three times and without making excuses I think that was his skill level at shifting showing up as our times from 60ft to 1000ft were as I said very close'

Ill take pics of the tickets later today

boostin
11-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Most likely better times than me , I have some health issues that prevent me from being fast on the shift, I also have an issue with the car shifting into third gear at high rpms , it shows at the 1000 ft mark I basically had to double clutch it for third gear

Jason ran a pass in the 14.6,, range prior to me arriving at the track , all the passes we ran together were best in the 14.7's ,, his car was better after the 1000 ft mark 2 out of three times and without making excuses I think that was his skill level at shifting showing up as our times from 60ft to 1000ft were as I said very close'

Ill take pics of the tickets later today

wow if you ran a 14.7 and missed third thats amazing. says alot about your cars ability!

moonwell
11-03-2014, 11:13 PM
It was great to meet and hang out, Ron! Glad you got your ECM back in time so you could make it.

Here's my best ET for the day Still think it should be running a tad faster
http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/20141101-Abarth-14.602.jpg

Here's a heads-up run between Ron & I Check out the identical 60' times! :burnout:
http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/20141101-Abarth-14.729.jpg

InFuZiOn
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
So the Tork TUNE is just a different ECU? I ask because someone said I should check it out as far as an affordable mod but I'm not sure what they're referring to. I've got my exhaust done so I'm looking into intakes, ECU's, sway bars, and some other cosmetic things next

Tweak
11-06-2014, 01:00 AM
So the Tork TUNE is just a different ECU? I ask because someone said I should check it out as far as an affordable mod but I'm not sure what they're referring to. I've got my exhaust done so I'm looking into intakes, ECU's, sway bars, and some other cosmetic things next

Your ECU is sent in, opened, flashed then sent back.

opiateESP
11-06-2014, 01:17 AM

They do a clean job of opening the ECU as well so it's not noticeable. Mines been opened countless times for tune development and it still looks unmodified after it's back together.

Tweak
11-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Your ECU is sent in, opened, flashed then sent back.

They do a clean job of opening the ECU as well so it's not noticeable. Mines been opened countless times for tune development and it still looks unmodified after it's back together.

Before and after pics previously posted.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?13049-Tell-me-what-would-it-take-to-make-a-tune-you-couldn-t-live-without&p=644528&viewfull=1#post644528

opiateESP
11-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Before and after pics previously posted.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?13049-Tell-me-what-would-it-take-to-make-a-tune-you-couldn-t-live-without&p=644528&viewfull=1#post644528

When words aren't enough :D

Tweak
11-06-2014, 12:42 PM
When words aren't enough :D

;) Took a little time to find the post! :D

krayzielilsmoki
11-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day Ron. I always want to take the car to the track but I am horrible at launching the car so I think for me it would be a waste of time. No doubt that the tune puts the car on another level, Im surprised with how close the numbers for the 2 setups actually are.