PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-Scan Numbers On My 500T With RRM Stage 2.5 Package w/ Straight Pipe Exhaust

500T2NV
10-30-2014, 02:10 AM
I was at RRM last week and the guys over there we kind enough to Dyno-Scan my 500T to see how much power the car is making. The only power mods I have on the car is there RRM Stage 2.5 Power Package, and a no muffler custom straight pipe single exhaust that RRM made with a Magnaflow tip. This is the software that everybody seemed to approve when testing the UniChip, so RRM thought they would. use the same equipment for an apples-apples comparison. Keep in mind that power shown on the attachment are at the crank NOT at the wheels. This was the best run out of about 6 runs we tested. Here are the results....

Peak Power
220 HP @ Crank
Power RPM 6200

Peak Torque
226.2 TQ @ Crank
Torque RPM 4600

opiateESP
10-30-2014, 02:17 AM
I was at RRM last week and the guys over there we kind enough to Dyno-Scan my 500T to see how much power the car is making. The only power mods I have on the car is there RRM Stage 2.5 Power Package, and a no muffler custom straight pipe single exhaust that RRM made with a Magnaflow tip. This is the software that everybody seemed to approve when testing the UniChip, so RRM thought they would. use the same equipment for an apples-apples comparison. Keep in mind that power shown on the attachment are at the crank NOT at the wheels. This was the best run out of about 6 runs we tested. Here are the results....

Peak Power
220 HP @ Crank
Power RPM 6200

Peak Torque
226.2 TQ @ Crank
Torque RPM 4600

Alterra soft dyno is interesting yet still not all that accurate. Go hit a dyno now and see how the numbers compare. It'd be great to see how close they are.

Very cool that the took you out for a run!

Sales@roadrace
10-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Alterra soft dyno is interesting yet still not all that accurate. Go hit a dyno now and see how the numbers compare. It'd be great to see how close they are.

Very cool that the took you out for a run!

We went with the Alterra software because the people on the forums accepted it and liked it when the UniChip was tested on it, how come it's not that accurate? Should we look into something else as well? The cars are hard to dyno, the Alterra gives us real-world driving numbers. NORCAL SS did his dyno session with our box, and we were very pleased. The car actually put down numbers higher than the DashDyno has at one point. But he has the experience dynoing these cars and knows what he's doing. If you go to a shop that's never worked on one, you might be disappointed.

As always the more ways you gain information the better, dyno + datalog would be ideal. But would like to educate myself as to the best ways to gain data, what would you suggest instead of Alterra?

opiateESP
10-30-2014, 03:58 PM
We went with the Alterra software because the people on the forums accepted it and liked it when the UniChip was tested on it, how come it's not that accurate? Should we look into something else as well? The cars are hard to dyno, the Alterra gives us real-world driving numbers. NORCAL SS did his dyno session with our box, and we were very pleased. The car actually put down numbers higher than the DashDyno has at one point. But he has the experience dynoing these cars and knows what he's doing. If you go to a shop that's never worked on one, you might be disappointed.

As always the more ways you gain information the better, dyno + datalog would be ideal. But would like to educate myself as to the best ways to gain data, what would you suggest instead of Alterra?

TBH a real dyno. I think you guys make the best piggy. Period. These cars are hard to dyno because of the interference that the TPMS throws up but that is pretty easy to get around. DynoJets will start to think they're over heating, dynodynamics start to apply the brakes around 4500 RPM. It took a couple dyno sessions with a Vancouver dyno operator before he called a DynoJet rep to figure our what was going on. I would love to see some WHP numbers from you folks! If I recall, norcal's was with some mods and I think showing your stages on a real dyno would be super informative.

This is the sheet posted by norcalss:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/NORCALSTI/ABARTH/20140529_225558.jpg

The curve is very nice just the peak number is a little deceptive as its a sudden 100 rpm jump.