PDA

View Full Version : Key keeps unlinking

Trystane
10-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Yesterday as I left for work I discovered that my key had unlinked again from my car. Fortunately I have a spare but that means calling home and having my wife drop whatever she's doing to come rescue me. I've only had this car a little over a year and this is the third time my key has unlinked. Has anyone else heard of this problem, especially to this excessive degree? It makes me have no faith in my car and I feel like I always have to carry a spare set "just in case" which is pretty stupid for a brand new car. Thanks!

FiatCACares
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Yesterday as I left for work I discovered that my key had unlinked again from my car. Fortunately I have a spare but that means calling home and having my wife drop whatever she's doing to come rescue me. I've only had this car a little over a year and this is the third time my key has unlinked. Has anyone else heard of this problem, especially to this excessive degree? It makes me have no faith in my car and I feel like I always have to carry a spare set "just in case" which is pretty stupid for a brand new car. Thanks!

Trystane,

I'm sorry to learn of your key fob concern.

Is it always the same key that is not recognized? How often does this occur and is it now becoming more frequent? Have you had a chance to speak with your Studio?

Blk500L
10-29-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm having the same problem, the remote won't work, first time it happened I disconn the battery of the car and plugged back in, that did the trick now is acting up again tried the same process but didn't work, after a week started working again for a few days then stopped again

Trystane
10-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Trystane,

I'm sorry to learn of your key fob concern.

Is it always the same key that is not recognized? How often does this occur and is it now becoming more frequent? Have you had a chance to speak with your Studio?

It's always a new key because the key always gets replaced :). Each time I go to the studio they replace the key and tell me it can't be re-used. The first time this happened was on 12/26/13 and the second time was a month or two later - again, both times the key was replaced. Now as of 10/28/14 this has happened a 3rd time and I'm using my 4th new key. I've opened a ticket with Fiat support so hopefully that gets me some traction.

FiatCACares
10-29-2014, 02:28 PM
It's always a new key because the key always gets replaced :). Each time I go to the studio they replace the key and tell me it can't be re-used. The first time this happened was on 12/26/13 and the second time was a month or two later - again, both times the key was replaced. Now as of 10/28/14 this has happened a 3rd time and I'm using my 4th new key. I've opened a ticket with Fiat support so hopefully that gets me some traction.

Trystane,

I'm pleased to hear you have had an opportunity to speak with out Fiat Customer Assistance. The repeat nature of your concern will certainly be investigated further. Keep us posted on the results if you can.

FiatCACares
10-29-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm having the same problem, the remote won't work, first time it happened I disconn the battery of the car and plugged back in, that did the trick now is acting up again tried the same process but didn't work, after a week started working again for a few days then stopped again

Blk500L,

Similar to Trystane's circumstance, it is important a diagnosis is completed in order to determine the root cause. Although the symptoms are similar, the cause may differ. Have you brought this concern to your Service Dept?

Blk500L
10-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Blk500L,

Similar to Trystane's circumstance, it is important a diagnosis is completed in order to determine the root cause. Although the symptoms are similar, the cause may differ. Have you brought this concern to your Service Dept?

Haven't had a studio look at it yet, as I'm still trying to find a dealer in my area to solve the rest of my problems with the car.

FiatCACares
10-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Haven't had a studio look at it yet, as I'm still trying to find a dealer in my area to solve the rest of my problems with the car.

Blk500L,

The Greater Toronto Area has several Fiat locations available. Do you typically perform service/maintenance at your selling Studio?

Blk500L
10-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Blk500L,

The Greater Toronto Area has several Fiat locations available. Do you typically perform service/maintenance at your selling Studio?

I've done some maintenance at my selling studio, and one other but haven't been happy with their service