PDA

View Full Version : New 500t Owner in Dallas, TX!!

InFuZiOn
10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Hey guys! I stumbled across these forums through Google while looking for some ideas to modify my new 2015 Fiat 500t I just got and thought I'd register and say hi!!

MPx Performance Axle-back Exhaust - $400 (500madness.com)
2015 Fiat 500t GOPedal - $300 (500madness.com)
Fiat Abarth Rear Diffuser Take-off - $550
Fiat Lambo Door Kit - $1500 (500madness.com)
Madness High-flow Cold-air Intake w/Filter - $420 (500madness.com)
Upgraded Blow Off Valve(Open to brand) - $
Turbo Boost Leak Fix Kit - $
Red Abarth Heat Shield - $
Front Sway Bar - $
Tallini Competizione Rear Sway Bar - $300 (roadracemotorsports.com)
Red Corsa Chassis Bracing - $160

Obviously anything without a price is something I haven't really sourced out yet. Any suggestions are always welcome!

Shawnb
10-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Welcome

Crossfirecat
10-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Welcome! Now post some pics!!!

Tweak
10-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Post up some pics and let us know what kind of modding you have in mind.

Robert Nixon
10-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the 500t!

If I lived in Dallas I'd be down in Austin next weekend to watch the F1 race!

opiateESP
10-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Hey guys! I stumbled across these forums through Google while looking for some ideas to modify my new 2015 Fiat 500t I just got and thought I'd register and say hi!!

Welcome to the forum! Manual or Auto?

boxerbay
10-27-2014, 09:53 AM
welcome. We have a 21 day incubation... er um... I mean isolation period for all new members. :)

dfwcyclist
10-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Welcome!

In the midcities area myself (glad to hear from someone at the store). Expect some PM's in the future near my service time. gr_grin

InFuZiOn
10-27-2014, 01:46 PM
I'll be looking forward to those visits!! And send anyone looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle in to see me as well! I pay up to $400 for each vehicle they get!! Here are some pics of my new baby!

List of Mods Planned:
-MPx Performance Axle-back Exhaust (500madness.com)
-CF Rear Splitter
-500 Madness Go Pedal (500madness.com)
-Romeo Ferraris Cinquone Hood(if I can find one!)
-Black Cold-Air Intake (500madness.com)
-RRM Red Abarth Heatshield (roadracemotorsports.com)
-Cross-drilled and slotted rotors
-Tallini Competizione Rear Anti-Sway Bar (roadracemotorsports.com)
-Corsa Frame Braces (roadracemotorsports.com)
-Neuspeed Front Sway Bar (roadracemotorsports.com)

Anyways let me know what you guys think. Some other ideas I had for mods included an upgraded Stage 2 ECU and this other thing I saw to put on to control the factory boost leak although I was thinking an upgraded blow off valve so now I'm confused which would be better. I like the sound the blow off valves make but if I can get more HP for free with a simple mod that will control the boost I'm already losing then why not go that route?

MADNESSJoseph
10-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Congrats on the 500T! Great choice :thumbsup:

InFuZiOn
10-27-2014, 02:59 PM
How tough was it to do the lambo doors on that Abarth on your website Joseph? I want to do that and get one of those giant Black/Red Abarth engine covers your customer Nigel has on his. How much for one of those?

And what cold-air intake your would recommend going with? I'd prefer one in a red or black finish preferrably. Do you think I should upgrade the blow off valve or do the boost leak fix for more horsepower? I like the blow off valve sound but am really going for horsepower gains with my mods.

AND FINALLY!! Any recommendations for small 8" subwoofers to install? I've got a 15" Kicker CVX that I pulled out of my old car but that's obviously way too large to fit in the back

MADNESSJoseph
10-27-2014, 04:19 PM
How tough was it to do the lambo doors on that Abarth on your website Joseph? I want to do that and get one of those giant Black/Red Abarth engine covers your customer Nigel has on his. How much for one of those?

And what cold-air intake your would recommend going with? I'd prefer one in a red or black finish preferrably. Do you think I should upgrade the blow off valve or do the boost leak fix for more horsepower? I like the blow off valve sound but am really going for horsepower gains with my mods.

AND FINALLY!! Any recommendations for small 8" subwoofers to install? I've got a 15" Kicker CVX that I pulled out of my old car but that's obviously way too large to fit in the back Hey there! When you have the moment please shoot me an email - jreyes@madnessautoworks.com and I'd love to help you out! That way I don't flood your thread haha biggrin

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Joseph

InFuZiOn
10-27-2014, 05:00 PM
I'll shoot you an email in just a moment. Don't worry about flooding the thread either. It's all about Fiats anyways!

E-mail sent with a list of all the mods I'd like to get done on it!

aelfwyne
10-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Congratz on the 500T!

Was seriously debating a T or an Abarth, but needed a car QUICK and wasn't sure about financing, so I settled on a Sport. Will probably trade it before the warranty is up, which at the rate I'm driving it will be in 2 years lol...

doverosx
10-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I had the same debate; I never imagined how torn I could be with both cars. You get awesome OR awesome with a cherry. Abarth won me out!

How are liking the LCD display? I'm LOVING mine and every minute I spend in it!

Andree
10-28-2014, 02:18 AM
Picture number 5 looks like the car is hovering above the ground!

Congrats and welcome!

I like the way the pin striping looks. Is it white or silver?

InFuZiOn
10-28-2014, 11:32 AM
I would've gone with the Abarth but with my dealer pricing and the incentives + my trade in I got my 15 500t for $18.5k AFTER financing. My payments are next to nothing but would've gone up pretty significantly had I gone with the Abarth(I think it was an extra $5k difference). The pin striping is a metallic silver which I think really sets the car off and makes it pop.

As for the LCD display, it's phenomenal. Every person that's looked at it so far has mentioned how theirs doesn't have the digital display and when you toggle it between regular and sport mode I love how it reconfigures with the turbo boost gauge on the right.

I'll admit I never thought I'd see myself driving a Fiat but after a few days in it I absolutely love the thing. I keep catching myself parking it away from other cars to avoid dings and inspecting it every time I come out from a store!

InFuZiOn
10-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Also guys I found these on display at my dealership and I think I'm going to have my wheels dipped to look the same. Thoughts?

pip
11-03-2014, 01:12 PM
please no lambo doors

also look at the Tork tune.......people are really liking them

InFuZiOn
11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Pip what did you mean by Tork tune?(sorry still learning the terms)

And I'd really only do the lambo doors for convenience since I usually hit my feet on the kicker panels getting in and out of the car. Plus I feel like it would be a creative touch not many people have done to theirs around here. Don't worry I wont put any neon lights or underglow on it :)

Tweak
11-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Pip what did you mean by Tork tune?(sorry still learning the terms)

And I'd really only do the lambo doors for convenience since I usually hit my feet on the kicker panels getting in and out of the car. Plus I feel like it would be a creative touch not many people have done to theirs around here. Don't worry I wont put any neon lights or underglow on it :)

Custom ECU tune from these guys: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?99-Tork-Motorsports

InFuZiOn
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Ahh ok. Would I have to have my car out of commission while the ECU is tuned or do they send me one and send back mine when I get it in? I ask because my car's a daily driver for work :P

bootychickens
11-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Ahh ok. Would I have to have my car out of commission while the ECU is tuned or do they send me one and send back mine when I get it in? I ask because my car's a daily driver for work :P

I shipped mine to tork at @ 7:55 on a Thursday night from the fed ex at frankford and the tollway (they have really late pickups). I got it back at 11:30 the same week on Saturday morning. I thought standard overnight shipping would be around 30 bucks. It was 71...

Fiat500USA
11-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Next day air, Saturday delivery is more money.

opiateESP
11-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Next day air, Saturday delivery is more money.

Turn around time is quick and it is simply the most effective power maker on a 500T

bootychickens
11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
i paid for standard air going to them (71 from dallas) and I think tork paid the extra to do saturday delivery back to me. I did the express shipping for 25 bucks when i ordered it but I was surprised when it showed up on a Saturday.

InFuZiOn
11-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Yeah NGEN messaged me and said cy-clone33 has got his uni-chip for a 500t up for sale and that would be a perfect fit with no downtime

Tweak
11-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Yeah NGEN messaged me and said cy-clone33 has got his uni-chip for a 500t up for sale and that would be a perfect fit with no downtime

Rick G is/was also selling a UC with T tunes loaded.

piney500
11-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Just noticed you're from Dallas. Are you familiar with the Fiat 500 DFW group on Facebook? Latest get together is trying to get a group of us to go do some dyno runs.
https://www.facebook.com/Fiat500Dfw

bootychickens
11-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Just noticed you're from Dallas. Are you familiar with the Fiat 500 DFW group on Facebook? Latest get together is trying to get a group of us to go do some dyno runs.
https://www.facebook.com/Fiat500Dfw

I'm not on Facebook but I would love to split some dyno time in Dallas. If you guys get something going please let me know.

piney500
11-14-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm not on Facebook but I would love to split some dyno time in Dallas. If you guys get something going please let me know.

Right now it looks like they're going to do it over at Perky Performance in Granbury. Still working out date and time, I believe. I'll keep an eye out. If you're interested there is also a DFW chapter of Fiat Club America that they do joint events with from time to time. Mostly classic Fiats so it would be pretty cool to go to one of those. Haven't been to one yet, but they had a lunch at The Gas Monkey just last Saturday. I was gonna go but had to back out last minute because I had relatives showing up on short notice. :/

InFuZiOn
11-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Damn I was actually free last Saturday too! Would've been fun to make it out there and meet some others. There's a guy with a nero Abarth in my neighborhood I've chased around a few times. He's got this really flambuoyant gold/red/gold stripe on the side where the red Abarth stripe usually is and when I say gold I mean SHINY GOLD.

bootychickens
11-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Right now it looks like they're going to do it over at Perky Performance in Granbury. Still working out date and time, I believe. I'll keep an eye out. If you're interested there is also a DFW chapter of Fiat Club America that they do joint events with from time to time. Mostly classic Fiats so it would be pretty cool to go to one of those. Haven't been to one yet, but they had a lunch at The Gas Monkey just last Saturday. I was gonna go but had to back out last minute because I had relatives showing up on short notice. :/

man they need a mailing list. I can account for 3 abarths in the dallas area (2 of which are probably in the top 5 of fastest multi air abarths on the planet) and none of us had any idea. I would have loved to come check out everybody elses stuff and get some new ideas.

piney500
11-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Think they just assume that everyone is using social media these days. Seems that many of these organizations have given up external web sites and have just gone to Facebook. Makes it easier to post updates to everyone and create events with RSVP, etc.

InFuZiOn
11-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah you dont see many fully seperate sites that aren't facebook branch-offs these days. There's a guy at our Ft Worth Fiat Dealership I'd love to have come out. Claims he's over 260hp in his bianco Abarth!

There's another black Abarth with a gold/red stripe near me and another black Abarth owned by a viper owner with smoked out taillights(look terrible) that I can think of personally we could invite out!

piney500
11-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah you dont see many fully seperate sites that aren't facebook branch-offs these days. There's a guy at our Ft Worth Fiat Dealership I'd love to have come out. Claims he's over 260hp in his bianco Abarth!

There's another black Abarth with a gold/red stripe near me and another black Abarth owned by a viper owner with smoked out taillights(look terrible) that I can think of personally we could invite out!

Are none of you guys on Facebook? Seems like we have new members joining daily. As a matter of fact, someone said they actually found the group from this forum.

InFuZiOn
11-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Piney you know I am!! :P

PS - The black Abarth with the obnoxious stripe is a girl I found out

pip
12-02-2014, 06:06 PM
any more info on these 2 uber fast ones in D town??