PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

snakebite4767
10-13-2014, 03:23 AM
Took a trip to the coast this weekend. Fresno to Arroyo Grande on the Ca. Central Coast. That's over the coastal mountain range going and coming. Trip was a total of 355 mi. 2013 POP, 5sp stick, average Highway speed was 62 mph, used 91 octane gas. It took 8.5 gal for the entire trip. Had some running around in town, but mostly Highway. Roughly 42 mpg.

Snakebite

Andree
10-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Excellent! Were you surprised?

snakebite4767
10-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah. I actually was. Even though I live in the foot hills, I expected the climb over the Coastal Mountain range to require a lot more work on the engine, and thus, to use a lot more fuel. The POP went over the mountain in 5th gear for the most part, with me shifting down to 4th gear only one time.. on a very long grade where I ended up behind a large truck.

But... I'm very pleased.

Snakebite

Andree
10-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Was this your first road trip? What kind of daily/weekly driving do you do and what mpg do you usually get?

Do you feel like taking more road trips now that you know you get such great mpg? :)

snakebite4767
10-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Was this your first road trip? What kind of daily/weekly driving do you do and what mpg do you usually get?
Yes, it was the first with the Fiat. I live 38 mi from town, and go on a average of twice a week. My average is 38 mpg.

Do you feel like taking more road trips now that you know you get such great mpg? :)
I would not want to go any farther than I did this last weekend. The little car is great for what it was designed for, but that design is NOT for taking long trips... at least in comfort. I have other cars that excel in that department.

Snakebite.