PDA

View Full Version : UConnect and iPhone 5 and iOS 8.0.2

evbruno
10-10-2014, 12:12 AM
FYI my iPhone 5 and iOS 7.n.n connected to the USB interface worked with out a problem with the UConnect (v13.49.9).in the 500L. I upgraded to iOS 8.0 worked fine with 8.0.2 which is the most recent from Apple it selects the song but when it tries to start the song it immediate turns off. I cannot start the song from the touch screen on the dash. It keeps turning off. I can start the song using the screen on the iPhone and it plays.

Mario500L
10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
FYI my iPhone 5 and iOS 7.n.n connected to the USB interface worked with out a problem with the UConnect (v13.49.9).in the 500L. I upgraded to iOS 8.0 worked fine with 8.0.2 which is the most recent from Apple it selects the song but when it tries to start the song it immediate turns off. I cannot start the song from the touch screen on the dash. It keeps turning off. I can start the song using the screen on the iPhone and it plays.

iOS 8x has a know issue with bluetooth, 8.1 (still to be released) in theory fixed the issue. The bluetooth issue affects most iPhone 6/6+. My wife's iPhone 5S works without an issue.

So, I guess , you need to wait for 8.1 to see if works in your case.

Regards

Tweak
10-10-2014, 08:43 PM
iOS 8x has a know issue with bluetooth, 8.1 (still to be released) in theory fixed the issue. The bluetooth issue affects most iPhone 6/6+. My wife's iPhone 5S works without an issue.

So, I guess , you need to wait for 8.1 to see if works in your case.

Regards

I thought I read 8.1 had issues and 8.2 was released after they pulled 8.1 due to the problems. I don't use an iPhone (but I have an Air) so maybe I'm wrong but I really thought I read that just recently.

Blk500L
10-10-2014, 10:26 PM
I thought I read 8.1 had issues and 8.2 was released after they pulled 8.1 due to the problems. I don't use an iPhone (but I have an Air) so maybe I'm wrong but I really thought I read that just recently.

The problem was with 8.0.1, and 8.0.2 was released shortly after that was pulled. 8.1 is the next to be released around mid October. I hope there's gonna be an update from Uconnect and integrate CarPlay.

Mario500L
10-11-2014, 06:20 PM
The problem was with 8.0.1, and 8.0.2 was released shortly after that was pulled. 8.1 is the next to be released around mid October. I hope there's gonna be an update from Uconnect and integrate CarPlay.

iOS 8.1 with Apple Pay/etc will be released at October 16th, most likely. My iPhone 6+ is working fine with Uconnect. Any update will be on the bluetooth side and not specifically to Uconnect.

Tweak
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM

Thanks. :) Again not a big deal to me personally but I like knowing in case someone has an issue and I can offer advice that might assist them.

ladygodiva70
10-14-2014, 07:16 AM
I have the same issue. I thought it was just my radio Doug weird things again. lol