PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery--new 500L

SW Desert Dweller
10-09-2014, 07:01 PM
I drove my 500L this morning. After it sat for about 20 minutes or so, I tried to start it. There was no starter noise at all whatsoever, and the starter did not try to turn over. I called the local Fiat service department, and he stated that this is a chronic problem with the 500L, especially if it is extremely hot outside or if the car sits for a long period of time. In my situation, neither is the case.

Feeling a bit disillusioned, but the car is still under warranty.

DeSoulo
10-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear this. I've not had any battery issues so far and it has been hot here as well, but starting to cool down. I have about 2600 miles on my Lounge built on June 13 of 2013. Aside from the other dead battery thread and parasitic drain issue, I've not heard anything else till now.

SW Desert Dweller
10-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Update...roadside service (under warranty) was contacted and promptly showed up at my residence. The roadside service employee checked the battery.

Apparently the service department did not attach the battery cable properly, or perhaps it vibrated loose on its own accord. Whatever the case, once the battery cable was snapped on tightly (as it should have been) the battery seems to be retaining its charge. Let's hope that was the only problem...

BTW--I love everything else about the 500L.