PDA

View Full Version : 500 Pop Exhaust Mods

lower byhalia
10-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Fiats,

Would a cat-less down pipe & Abarth midpipe added to a (present) MPX Axle-back do anything for my
non-turbo'd performance?

lammie200
10-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Fiats,

Would a cat-less down pipe & Abarth midpipe added to a (present) MPX Axle-back do anything for my
non-turbo'd performance?

I think that the manifolds are completely different, so it wouldn't work. You can replace you exhaust with a larger cat back system like a Magnaflow. You can also rework the restriction at the downpipe exit to enlarge it to match a larger cat back exhaust. I don't know of anyone that has tried the latter though.

Note that neither one of these suggestions should mess with emissions and you shouldn't get any CEL's. You initial thoughts would mess with both.

opiateESP
10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Fiats,

non-turbo'd performance?

The turbo downpipes connects to the turbo itself. It would also be far to big in diameter for a normally aspirated engine.

lower byhalia
10-09-2014, 08:18 PM
..................clearing up a lot of cobwebs, guys. Thank you.

Wouldn't it be more economical for me to just have an exhaust shop match the diameter of the MPX Axleback in a straight pipe, up to the manifold until I move to put a header on it.
Duh.

The header installed-then the straight pipe to axle-back.

pip
10-15-2014, 10:47 AM
no.....I doubt it will do anything

lower byhalia
10-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Header won't help?

snakebite4767
10-15-2014, 12:42 PM
no.....I doubt it will do anything
+1
I just don't believe that any of the exhaust mods are going to give you any "REAL" increase in performance. Some of them do however sound good!

Snakebite

pip
10-15-2014, 01:19 PM
I looked in to it when we had our pop before we got the Abarth and it is like pissing in the wind.......no point...

the thing I do see people doing is making them weigh less, and getting better MPG