PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Bomb Extreme with 8in Glasspack

nickpratt2010
10-08-2014, 05:51 PM
As the title says lol. I'm pretty sure this is what I will do. The glasspack where the muffler is and the extreme where the resonator is. Both will be 2.5 inches in and out with the extreme being a single in single out since i am a turbo not an abarth. ;) Any thoughts? Figured this is way cheaper than all the cat backs and the YouTube video of the 2.0 dart with this setup sounds awesome. To bad it wasn't the 1.4T though. I know it sounds like I'm trolling but I'm not lol.

moosestang
10-08-2014, 06:23 PM
You can't really be trolling if you have a 500T. I'd be curious to hear this too. I have a T and don't want a loud car, nor do I want an $800 exhaust!

Sales@roadrace
10-08-2014, 06:30 PM
We have a 500T that was swapped to an Abarth Exhaust and Diffuser, might be able to pick those parts up used for pretty cheap

jwgrigio
10-08-2014, 06:31 PM
That would be almost as quiet as stock but might flow a little better. I ran my abarth exhaust into a single pipe with no muffler or resonator and it is only slightly louder than stock abarth, if at all. Maybe just try a muffler delete and go from there. The turbocharger muffles the sound so you shouldn't compare a non-turbo dart to what your turbo would sound like.

nickpratt2010
10-08-2014, 07:16 PM
So the cherry bomb extreme and glass pack wouldn't do much for noise? I know ive said it before but im looking to be noicy. Lots of noise in a little car would be awsome. I'm ok on an abarth exhaust...it's a little played out ;) Thanks for the reply tho.

opiateESP
10-08-2014, 09:11 PM
As the title says lol. I'm pretty sure this is what I will do. The glasspack where the muffler is and the extreme where the resonator is. Both will be 2.5 inches in and out with the extreme being a single in single out since i am a turbo not an abarth. ;) Any thoughts? Figured this is way cheaper than all the cat backs and the YouTube video of the 2.0 dart with this setup sounds awesome. To bad it wasn't the 1.4T though. I know it sounds like I'm trolling but I'm not lol.

Would sound interesting. There is no resonator on the 500T though, just the rear muffler. Not that it would stop you from putting the extreme in the mid pipe.

nickpratt2010
10-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I haven't looked under lol my bad. From what I read though I thought there was a muffler on the stock mid pipe and then the muffler that sticks out at the end?

opiateESP
10-09-2014, 02:51 AM
I haven't looked under lol my bad. From what I read though I thought there was a muffler on the stock mid pipe and then the muffler that sticks out at the end?

Maybe the non turbo models but ours is identical to an abarth up until the axle back section which is where the muffler is. TBH, try just replacing the muffler with something a little more aggressive and see if you like that. All of the Abarth exhaust ooptions will also work if you replace the diffuser and add a hanger. A stock abarth diffuser is pretty cheap and it's pretty easy to change.

lower byhalia
10-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Yes, non-turbo exhaust 500 Pop etc has a resonator on the midpipe.

Question.
Will the Abarth Diffuser mount up on the Turbo/Sport Rear Bumper Cover?

Thanks.

jwgrigio
10-09-2014, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=lower byhalia;709293

Question.
Will the Abarth Diffuser mount up on the Turbo/Sport Rear Bumper Cover?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The diffuser is interchangeable but in order to mount dual exit pipe a custom hanger would need to be added to the passenger side.

nickpratt2010
10-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Well that ruins my plan lol. So now the question is go with the cherry bomb extreme or the Flowmaster 10 series.

opiateESP
10-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Well that ruins my plan lol. So now the question is go with the cherry bomb extreme or the Flowmaster 10 series.

I'd go with the Flowmaster out of those two. For the price though, buy both and just get the exhaust shop to clamp them up and listen to them before welding. Make sure you get one that has an offset. It'll make it easier for installation.

nickpratt2010
10-09-2014, 04:59 PM
I'd go with the Flowmaster out of those two. For the price though, buy both and just get the exhaust shop to clamp them up and listen to them before welding. Make sure you get one that has an offset. It'll make it easier for installation.

Offset inlet or outlet?

opiateESP
10-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Offset inlet or outlet?

I haven't looked at a stock muffler in a long time but I think it's the exit that's offset. Just have a peek at the back of your car. If you can see the offset on the exit, then that's it. If the exit is centered, then the inlet is offset.

boostin
10-10-2014, 12:19 AM
why dont you just get a shop to cut the muffler out and put a straight piece in.. it would sound better and cheaper than most mufflers. its what i did and it sound really similar to an abarth.

opiateESP
10-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Offset inlet or outlet?

Just an FYI. I just re-read your original post. All of these options will be quiter that the stock abarth exhaust. If you wanna make noise, ditch the cat :)

No cat = pissed off rally car :)

nickpratt2010
10-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Just an FYI. I just re-read your original post. All of these options will be quiter that the stock abarth exhaust. If you wanna make noise, ditch the cat :)

No cat = pissed off rally car :)

Really? I thought the flow in the different mufflers would make a different exhaust note. Don't worry I'm going to ditch the cat soon. Just waiting on my free oil changes to run out so the dealer don't notice that it's gone lol. Not trying to sound like a copycat but the sound of your car is what I want. I've been thinking 3in. all the way back but wasn't sure if the sound would be to low pitched so I wasn't sure if 2.25, 2.5, or 3 inch was the way to go but after hearing yours all I can think is wow. So 3 it is lol. I saved your video to show my fellow car friends what mine might sound like in the neext 5 months. Bought it brand new in June and already have 15,000 miles on it so half way to no more free oil changes. :)

opiateESP
10-10-2014, 02:00 AM
Really? I thought the flow in the different mufflers would make a different exhaust note. Don't worry I'm going to ditch the cat soon. Just waiting on my free oil changes to run out so the dealer don't notice that it's gone lol. Not trying to sound like a copycat but the sound of your car is what I want. I've been thinking 3in. all the way back but wasn't sure if the sound would be to low pitched so I wasn't sure if 2.25, 2.5, or 3 inch was the way to go but after hearing yours all I can think is wow. So 3 it is lol. I saved your video to show my fellow car friends what mine might sound like in the neext 5 months. Bought it brand new in June and already have 15,000 miles on it so half way to no more free oil changes. :)

Doesn't bother me. Copy away! Its a pretty addicting sound. I'm likely going to try a Borla soon in place of the Magnaflow.

nickpratt2010
10-10-2014, 02:57 AM
Lol I guess I never did specify that my initial post didn't have the stock exhaust in mind. I was think the two with bigger pipe.

Crossfirecat
10-11-2014, 11:01 AM
The diffuser is interchangeable but in order to mount dual exit pipe a custom hanger would need to be added to the passenger side.

My Abarth has the extra hanger on the drivers side for the 500T exhaust. So it seems odd to me that Fiat would leave the extra hanger on the Abarth but not the 500T. Are you 100% certain of this?

tknospdr
10-11-2014, 11:15 AM
why dont you just get a shop to cut the muffler out and put a straight piece in.. it would sound better and cheaper than most mufflers. its what i did and it sound really similar to an abarth.
Exactly what I did, love the sound! And only like $80 at a shop to chop off the old part and replace it with straight pipe.

boostin
10-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Exactly what I did, love the sound! And only like $80 at a shop to chop off the old part and replace it with straight pipe.

yup, probably one of the best and cheapest basic mod for the car imo

moosestang
10-12-2014, 07:58 AM
My Abarth has the extra hanger on the drivers side for the 500T exhaust. So it seems odd to me that Fiat would leave the extra hanger on the Abarth but not the 500T. Are you 100% certain of this?

The T does not have a hanger on the passenger side. Is the passenger side hanger on the abarth welded on or bolted on?

Crossfirecat
10-12-2014, 11:06 AM
The T does not have a hanger on the passenger side. Is the passenger side hanger on the abarth welded on or bolted on?

Good news for T owners! It's bolted on!

moosestang
10-12-2014, 06:08 PM
You must live on a dirt road! I had that problem once, I'm still shaking dirt out of my mustang. I can't really tell from your pic where it bolts to the body, but there are lots of unused holes on the T.

Good news for T owners! It's bolted on!

nickpratt2010
10-14-2014, 03:19 AM
there are lots of unused holes on the T.

Giggidy

tknospdr
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
nickpratt2010 is officially banned from going anywhere near my Turbo!

nickpratt2010
10-16-2014, 12:11 PM
nickpratt2010 is officially banned from going anywhere near my Turbo!

Might I ask why?