PDA

View Full Version : RRM3 ECM and E-85

Abarth_Ray
10-07-2014, 10:37 PM
As title says, has anyone had any experience with it? Or any piggyback with E-85 for that matter. Obviously I know injectors are a must.

zyxelenator
10-08-2014, 12:28 AM
I've tried to run up to 3.5 gallons of E-85 with my tuned ECU. Ran fine, possibly pulled harder. (don't have enough miles running it to tell for sure, just 3 tanks).
I had MM box prior to Tork tune and it ran pig rich on 93 gas. Not sure what AFRs look like on RR boxes. With tune AFRs stay in 12s under heavy load and boost.
Get an BT OBD2 module and Torque App to monitor your AFR numbers and other vital read outs. You should be safe running up to 3 Gallons on e-85. If you put more you may ran out of your injectors.
ATP sells bigger drop in E-85 injectors for under $400 price tag for stock ECU cars. It would be awesome if you would test those.

opiateESP
10-08-2014, 03:29 AM
I've tried to run up to 3.5 gallons of E-85 with my tuned ECU. Ran fine, possibly pulled harder. (don't have enough miles running it to tell for sure, just 3 tanks).
I had MM box prior to Tork tune and it ran pig rich on 93 gas. Not sure what AFRs look like on RR boxes. With tune AFRs stay in 12s under heavy load and boost.
Get an BT OBD2 module and Torque App to monitor your AFR numbers and other vital read outs. You should be safe running up to 3 Gallons on e-85. If you put more you may ran out of your injectors.
ATP sells bigger drop in E-85 injectors for under $400 price tag for stock ECU cars. It would be awesome if you would test those.

An E85 station has apparently opened up locally and I have bigger injectors on the way. Gonna have to try this.

Abarth_Ray
10-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the quick feedback. I might be a test subject once I save up enough for injectors. I will keep you posted.beerchug

Alec
10-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I've said this before, and I just looked it up in the manual to be sure. P. 267 of the 2013 Abarth manual. These cars are NOT flex-fuel cars and running E85 (or anything higher than E10 normal formulations) can damage fuel system components. The manual specifically states NOT to run anything more than E10.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I just don't want to see anyone damage their vehicle by running inappropriate fuel.

zyxelenator
10-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I've said this before, and I just looked it up in the manual to be sure. P. 267 of the 2013 Abarth manual. These cars are NOT flex-fuel cars and running E85 (or anything higher than E10 normal formulations) can damage fuel system components. The manual specifically states NOT to run anything more than E10.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I just don't want to see anyone damage their vehicle by running inappropriate fuel.

Even my lawn mover says do not use more than E10. Also they say no additives, don't mod you car, don't race, don't drink and smoke eat healthy food and do morning exercises :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkaaTUZFOc
Apparently hard to start on 1005 E85 if your Fiat is 100% stock, he mat run very lean

Abarth_Ray
10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
That video is not very educational XD. Anyways, i might run new injectors and a 50/50 blend to keep temps down. Nothing crazy

moosestang
10-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Can the stock fuel pump keep up?

opiateESP
10-08-2014, 11:29 AM

The fastest fiat to date ran e85 on bigger injectors and a big turbo. Breaking things just means upgrade time :D

zyxelenator
10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Can the stock fuel pump keep up?
as OpiateESP mentioned, apperantly it can. Folks from ATP sell both bigger turbo and bigger e-85 injectors, that is what that guy was running on drag strip with stock ECU.

Abarth_Ray
10-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Well guys I might be the Test rat. I'm going to call up RRM and see what injector size they reccomend and try it out.