PDA

View Full Version : Down Pipe officially ordered!

Purgatory
10-06-2014, 12:46 AM
No more going back and forth for this guy. Placed my order with EC tonight for the RRM Downpipe with Cat. Can't wait for that play toy to come in and get installed.

Then, have decided, whether it actually adds much or not, the light weight pulley next. Not going to hurt, and will be nice if it helps the engine even spin up faster with the weight saving entailed.

I like having a plan.

Then I am going back to perhaps tweaking the suspension some more, pondering the value of the Koni rear shocks while I am at it.

S2500T
10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Good choice. Expect a nice midrange increase. I have the same downpipe on my 500T (No CEL!!). Be sure to follow up this thread with your feedback.

Abarth619
10-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm looking to buy the RRM w/cat as well in the near future. Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Purgatory
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Will be happy to give a follow up review after it arrives and has been installed. The down pipe will be installed way before the pulley, so that way, I can tell what mod is doing what to the car. Sometimes, if you do several things at the same time, its hard to determine what affects what.

boostin
10-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Will be happy to give a follow up review after it arrives and has been installed. The down pipe will be installed way before the pulley, so that way, I can tell what mod is doing what to the car. Sometimes, if you do several things at the same time, its hard to determine what affects what.

cant wait to hear how it feels! are you going to do a ecu reset to let the computer start fresh or let it sort out the new mod on its own?

Purgatory
10-07-2014, 08:33 PM
going to let it sort itself out, so far, this method has worked with all of my mods ,and not a single CEL so far.

gtntahg
10-09-2014, 08:21 AM
What does the new down pipe do? I'm not totally clear on some of the technical mods with these cars but I would guess it's designed to exit the exhaust gas more efficiently? Bigger diameter, less constricting/smoother bends?