PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something here? :( Trying the DRL LED fix

mkdragn
09-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

So I purchased all the exact items from Roy23's LED DIY (DRL LED's & Resistor) For the life of me I cant put the LED's in the resistors slot..
Ive tried everything like flipping sides,trying the other resister/led but to no avail. The led seems to have a flat slide in area, whereas the resistor has an odd pattern before the contacts.
Am I missing something here?? Do the LED's not plug into this thing?

These pics show you the connections/contacts
Also these are exactly what you all seem to be working with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7443-6000K-White-120-LED-Smd-Turn-Tail-Stop-Light-Bulbs-/181283452436?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3555f614&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Decoder-Error-Free-Bypass-Wiring-7443-7440-7444-T20-LED-Light-Bulb-SMD-/251289879341?%3Cbr%20/%3Ept=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a820b432d&vxp=mtr

shadyabarth
09-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I had the same issue when trying to install LED 7443 bulbs into my DRL socket. Basically what I found is that different manufacturers have different bases. Some are wider while some are narrower, all of which determine what fits into the socket holder...

roy23
09-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Hi all,

So I purchased all the exact items from Roy23's LED DIY (DRL LED's & Resistor) For the life of me I cant put the LED's in the resistors slot..
Ive tried everything like flipping sides,trying the other resister/led but to no avail. The led seems to have a flat slide in area, whereas the resistor has an odd pattern before the contacts.
Am I missing something here?? Do the LED's not plug into this thing?

These pics show you the connections/contacts
Also these are exactly what you all seem to be working with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7443-6000K-White-120-LED-Smd-Turn-Tail-Stop-Light-Bulbs-/181283452436?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3555f614&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Decoder-Error-Free-Bypass-Wiring-7443-7440-7444-T20-LED-Light-Bulb-SMD-/251289879341?%3Cbr%20/%3Ept=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a820b432d&vxp=mtr

Sorry I havent replied I dont check my inbox often, from the pictures u can do 3 things is get a razor blade and blade off the pins from the resistor connector so it can slide in...2 u can return it back and look carefully at the pictures since all bulbs are different in size small bigger they all differ... And get the right ones. 3 in which I would do is run them like that no resistor just that the DRL wont work by themselves u would need to have the lights on for them too work and since it has a lot of led's u wont get a error code, just that they dont work by themsleves they wont turn on so i would suggest going into menu and turning them off to avoid that CEL EVERYONE HATES......

mkdragn
10-08-2014, 01:02 AM
I had the same issue when trying to install LED 7443 bulbs into my DRL socket. Basically what I found is that different manufacturers have different bases. Some are wider while some are narrower, all of which determine what fits into the socket holder...

Sorry I havent replied I dont check my inbox often, from the pictures u can do 3 things is get a razor blade and blade off the pins from the resistor connector so it can slide in...2 u can return it back and look carefully at the pictures since all bulbs are different in size small bigger they all differ... And get the right ones. 3 in which I would do is run them like that no resistor just that the DRL wont work by themselves u would need to have the lights on for them too work and since it has a lot of led's u wont get a error code, just that they dont work by themsleves they wont turn on so i would suggest going into menu and turning them off to avoid that CEL EVERYONE HATES......

Thanks for the tips Shady and Roy Yes the razor blade trick worked. I guess the supplier has odd tolerances so I cut the excess plastic. It fits perfectly snug now.

opiateESP
10-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the tips Shady and Roy Yes the razor blade trick worked. I guess the supplier has odd tolerances so I cut the excess plastic. It fits perfectly snug now.

You're gonna have to show this one to me. Sounds interesting.