PDA

View Full Version : 500L acceleration

tyturri
09-23-2014, 11:46 AM
I bought my 500L new one year ago, has 18k miles on it. Since day one this engine misses,you can hear it and feel it, while accelerating. Seems ok in cruise, getting about 25mpg, burn only premium. Very annoying especially to passengers who feel it too. Fiat service says its normal due to the turbo and acceleration by wire (a sensor when you push on pedal). Does anyone else have or had this problem. Would appreciate your input.
Tom

tyturri (at) yahoo.com
5one2-two89-269nine

Fiat500USA
09-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the forum! A misfire will normally trigger a check engine light. The turbo does need to spool up and can seem to "come on" when accelerating. Depending on conditions, many if not most turbocharged cars can experience this feeling from time to time. As long as the car was checked out and was pronounced healthy, this may be what you are experiencing.

Rally500
09-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I bought my 500L new one year ago, has 18k miles on it. Since day one this engine misses,you can hear it and feel it, while accelerating. Seems ok in cruise, getting about 25mpg, burn only premium. Very annoying especially to passengers who feel it too. Fiat service says its normal due to the turbo and acceleration by wire (a sensor when you push on pedal). Does anyone else have or had this problem. Would appreciate your input.
Tom

tyturri (at) yahoo.com
5one2-two89-269nine

Hi Tyturri,I have the same situation,I complained they told me that all 500L do that.They told me to turn off traction control....... I don t think that in 3 rd gear at 60 km/h the wheels gonna spin and make traction control go on and cut power... I think they should remap the ecu and re calibrate gas pedal,I drive also a vw jetta tdi with a turbo a drive by wire gas pedal for the last ten years and I never have hesitations or lag like the 500 L.the throttle response is too slow.People have to buy throttle box to solve that issue...
I hope that Fiatcare reads that.