PDA

View Full Version : Sumotomo HTR Zll REVIEW

cy-clone33
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
bought these off of tire rack $68 each as far as road worthy they are a nice ride compared to the Pirellies BUT for autox not so much, car felt jittery and slid more than usual

Im comparing these to Falkin RT613K's with a 200 wear rating and twice the cost ( the Sumotomo originally were rated at 220 but were changed to 340 )

My opinion is a decent looking tire, better ride than the stock but not my first choice for racing a DOT required tire

Robert Nixon
09-14-2014, 09:20 PM
thanks for the review! I've been thinking that unless someone is lucky enough to try multiple types of tires back to back on the SAME car, it's hard to really compare. So many folks say "yeah tire X works great on my Honda/Toyota/BMW" but that doesn't always mean it will be great on my car for how I drive.

cy-clone33
09-14-2014, 09:23 PM
thanks for the review! I've been thinking that unless someone is lucky enough to try multiple types of tires back to back on the SAME car, it's hard to really compare. So many folks say "yeah tire X works great on my Honda/Toyota/BMW" but that doesn't always mean it will be great on my car for how I drive.

I think you are spot on, I think that a different chassis tuning may have helped with these, the faulkins seem to like a soft front end, these have a taller side wall and after checking I can see there was some scrub radius activity going on, I tried different air pressures but now Im thinking maybe should have tried tightening the rebound on the front shocks