PDA

View Full Version : HQ Vid: MPx CATLESS DP (installed!) with 2.5" Neu-F Race and Borla X1R

shagghie
09-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Soooo, this just happened... Many things to Bryan at NGEN for a great night installing the catless MPx DP together. Dood knows his stuff!

http://youtu.be/Z6YHuGjlags

Max res is 720p so feel free to kick it up for better sound/vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YHuGjlags&vq=hd720

FWIW, I had to put TWO pieces of electrical tape over the mic element and a wind-sock to keep it from clipping. It's pretty loud on WOT, but the Borla is very "racecar" on let-off, creating a wonderful burbly/muted deceleration sound!

I'm in love with it... lol. Like, it's crack. What do you guys think?

Ps...I recorded this one using the Gigante method for camera placement...

NGEN
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Sounds awesome Shagghie! Glad it's working out! Had fun doing the install.

boostaddict
09-11-2014, 04:08 PM
catless is the only way to roll ! big diff from the norcall mod?

shagghie
09-11-2014, 04:42 PM
catless is the only way to roll ! big diff from the norcall mod?

great question. It is a big enough difference in flow characteristics to activate some kind of limiter for me on the stock tune. So, as of right now, I think the NorcalSS mod happened to stay JUST under the stock ECU's limiters (either flow, or AFR, or?). That said, clearly the MPx DP flows much BETTER than the NorcalSS mod, else those limiters would not be kicking in. Bottom line for me, is since i have "all the other bolt ons" too, I am going to need a tune to get around the limiters. This is a GOOD thing and a sure sign that the car has just been brought to a new level of intake/exhaust performance as a result of the MPx DP.

The sound is just amazing in person, hard to capture in a vid like that. And the piece itself is VERY well made, with great welds, perfect bracket placement for the heat shield, etc. I have it wrapped with DEI Ti wrap from hotside turbo all the way to midpipe, and the under-hood temps are better than they were with the NorcalSS pipe that was not wrapped, at least based on the "heat that rushes to your face when you open it" gauge, lol.

Now, I just need to get a tune (again)... and it will be game on for sure. You can hear the ecu pull timing right as boost hits and going into the next gear on WOT shifts. once that is fixed I'll need stickier /wider tires and a wide body kit.