PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 License Plate Bulb Change

Fiat500USA
09-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

How to change the license plate light on a Fiat 500, 500 Cabrio and 500 Abarth. Early cars required you to change the entire tailgate lift handle at considerable expense - normally well over $100. However, starting somewhere around March 2012, Fiat

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/H2N70zZWgKI/fiat-500-license-plate-bulb-change.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-is-Ptz6TclU/VA8JS3cImbI/AAAAAAAAWbo/ThVhUwQo2AE/s500/Fiat_500_License_Bulb-fiat500usa.jpg

mbfrezon
06-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I take it, since my license plate lamp doesn't look like what the "how-to" photos look like, that mine is one of the ones that can't be easily replaced. In the interest of answering someone else's question about it, since my dealer has been pretty clueless about it, I'll upload what I saw when I took the one side out. They look like this:

FSTCS6
06-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Looks to me like cutting the wires and connecting them to the later bulb holder / pigtail would allow an easy swap to the replaceable bulb. If you're handy with a soldering iron or crimp on connectors then it should be easy.

Fiat500USA
06-03-2015, 10:47 PM
I take it, since my license plate lamp doesn't look like what the "how-to" photos look like, that mine is one of the ones that can't be easily replaced. In the interest of answering someone else's question about it, since my dealer has been pretty clueless about it, I'll upload what I saw when I took the one side out. They look like this:

They look different, however, if I had a set up like that, I would try to install a late model replacement and modify the harness or connector. Doesn't see that hard to do for someone handy. You may possibly be able to get the late model connector / harness/ assembly from a salvage yard. Good luck and let us know.

Fiat500USA
06-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Looks to me like cutting the wires and connecting them to the later bulb holder / pigtail would allow an easy swap to the replaceable bulb. If you're handy with a soldering iron or crimp on connectors then it should be easy.

They look different, however, if I had a set up like that, I would try to install a late model replacement and modify the harness or connector. Doesn't see that hard to do for someone handy. You may possibly be able to get the late model connector / harness/ assembly from a salvage yard. Good luck and let us know.

HA! Had the same thought seconds apart! LOL

FSTCS6
06-04-2015, 12:11 AM
HA! Had the same thought seconds apart! LOL

Great minds think alike ;)