PDA

View Full Version : Test drove one yesterday and was given these lease nos. Is it good enough?

asaulo1
09-07-2014, 03:13 PM
So I drove down to one of the fiat stealerships to test drive the 500e. Overall, I really like the car and proceeded to get some lease details. Here were the nos. tossed around.

2015 fiate base 500e white

$2458 total drive off $230/month 36 month lease 12k miles

I told them that the fiat 500 forums are posting deals with total drive off of $999 plus $199+ tax on a 10k mis. per year lease.... as the ads have said.... don't see why the down payment is so high...

anyway, wanted to get everyones opinion on this deal and if I should make the effort of getting them down....

thanks.

Robert Nixon
09-07-2014, 09:13 PM
First off, welcome to the forum!

Since most folks here are big fans of FIAT, I hope your use of the term "stealership" is a joke.

Seriously though, the FIAT 500e USA website lists the following right now, so you should just ask that dealer why they aren't offering what is on FIAT's own website. Or find the next closest dealer and see if they will offer something better:

0% APR FINANCING
for 60 Months+

OR

$2,000
CASH
ALLOWANCE+

OR

$199 per Month for 36 Months+
Lease a 2015 FIATŪ 500e for:
$999 Total Due at Signing. No security deposit required

Greg Elmassian
09-08-2014, 10:54 AM
"at participating dealers", right?

asaulo1
09-08-2014, 12:45 PM
First off, welcome to the forum!

Since most folks here are big fans of FIAT, I hope your use of the term "stealership" is a joke.

Seriously though, the FIAT 500e USA website lists the following right now, so you should just ask that dealer why they aren't offering what is on FIAT's own website. Or find the next closest dealer and see if they will offer something better:

0% APR FINANCING
for 60 Months+

OR

$2,000
CASH
ALLOWANCE+

OR

$199 per Month for 36 Months+
Lease a 2015 FIATŪ 500e for:
$999 Total Due at Signing. No security deposit required

that is exactly my argument with them.... with $999 total drive off, I was looking at maybe a $15-$20 increase on the monthly for the 12k mis. lease..... I guess it's another way of them trying to squeeze every cent out of you....

also, is it true that if you do commit to the $999 down + $199/mo. lease, you can call Fiat after a few months and have them change the lease to a 12k mis/yr and they would just adjust your payments? I find this a stretch just to get me to commit to a deal but I wanted to let folks chime in on this as well. Thanks.

rnddude
09-08-2014, 12:57 PM
I think your credit rating is a factor also.

asaulo1
09-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I think your credit rating is a factor also.
they didn't even run my credit yet.... just wanted to get nos.

Just got an email from South Bay Fiat offering me $1k total drive off plus $226 total a month for 12k mi lease, base 500e grey... I think this is the deal I will jump on....

FWIW, my credit is Tier 1 with the lowest of the 3 credit scores as 762 :)

@rnddude - you're in my neck of the woods.... I'm in Santa Clarita..... hope to see you around....

asaulo1
09-13-2014, 10:24 PM
just got my grey 500e today and I'm so stoked. Ended up with the 15k miles per year lease at $1k total drive off , $245/mo total including taxes. Been having a blast driving it around town but can definitely get range anxiety when I was on the fwy going home. Still trying to learn all the nuances of the car but all in all, I'm very happy with it.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3925/15043691329_57b57f1fd6_s.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oVmRjr)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/oVmRjr) by asaulo911 (https://www.flickr.com/people/21101284@N00/), on Flickr

NGEN
09-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Looks awesome! The best mod you can do to the E are lowering springs. You can pick up a set of stock abarth springs from the forum or madness has a set made specifically for the E

Andree
09-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Wow! Congrats! Thanks for the pics!

And you got it for the price you wanted.

As far as an earlier question on yearly mileage, you might be able to change miles per year.

I'm saying this because I have been able to change my miles per year with my auto insurance company. And they either rebate the overpayment or charge for the underpayment.

If it turns out that you won't be driving nearly as much as you thought, or will need to drive a lot more, let them know. They may well be able to adjust payments accordingly.

And if I'm totally wrong, would someone please let me know? It's just a thing that seems to make total sense.

How do you like the sound, or...the lack of sound in your new 500e? You can hear everything around you, or hear your stereo clearly. Relaxing moonlit nature drives are calling!

Robert Nixon
09-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Congrats on the e!

asaulo1
09-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Wow! Congrats! Thanks for the pics!

And you got it for the price you wanted.

As far as an earlier question on yearly mileage, you might be able to change miles per year.

I'm saying this because I have been able to change my miles per year with my auto insurance company. And they either rebate the overpayment or charge for the underpayment.

If it turns out that you won't be driving nearly as much as you thought, or will need to drive a lot more, let them know. They may well be able to adjust payments accordingly.

And if I'm totally wrong, would someone please let me know? It's just a thing that seems to make total sense.

How do you like the sound, or...the lack of sound in your new 500e? You can hear everything around you, or hear your stereo clearly. Relaxing moonlit nature drives are calling!

thanks. The lack of sound was kind of weird at first but quickly adjusted to it after being able to listen to the music a lot better. Still training the wife on how to drive it but she's pretty smitten to it now. At first, she thought it was a tad small but now she thinks it's an okay size... Cheers!!!

Fiatwins
09-14-2014, 06:44 PM
So I drove down to one of the fiat stealerships to test drive the 500e. Overall, I really like the car and proceeded to get some lease details. Here were the nos. tossed around.

2015 fiate base 500e white

$2458 total drive off $230/month 36 month lease 12k miles

I told them that the fiat 500 forums are posting deals with total drive off of $999 plus $199+ tax on a 10k mis. per year lease.... as the ads have said.... don't see why the down payment is so high...

anyway, wanted to get everyones opinion on this deal and if I should make the effort of getting them down....

thanks.
That is $999 down plus tax. I have a leased 2013 Abarth and I did the $299 a month with $999 down and had to pay tax. I think its sneaky.

CjDaniel
09-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Welcome, I love mine.

Tweak
09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Congrats on your new e and welcome to the forum! You definitely selected the best color available! :)

asaulo1
09-15-2014, 01:20 PM
the 500e has been a hit since I got it. We threw a party for my son and the family was just going on and on about how good the 500e looks. My bro in law test drove it last night with me, my cousin and my other bro in law, 4 dudes in the car and he was chirping the tires off the line at each stop light. Had to warn him to take it easy or I'll come over his house and charge the car overnight there :)
Took it work today and was happy to get a spot at the EV cars parking. Unfortunately, the only level 2 charger was being occupied by a volt so I had to make do with a 110v charging outlet. Anyway, still free charging so I can't complain.
Left the house with about 89% charge (83 mile range) dropped off the kids at their school (15 miles) and then head to work, zipping on the fwy to work (4 miles) and upon starting the charge, there was still 76 mile range.... Coolness!!!!! So much fun watching the range and trying to get efficient without being slow...... that's a challenge right there....

here she is, safely charging in her spot...
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5569/15249439825_5666110dfd_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pexnbi)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/pexnbi) by asaulo911 (https://www.flickr.com/people/21101284@N00/), on Flickr

Robert Nixon
09-15-2014, 01:27 PM
sounds like a ton of fun!