PDA

View Full Version : fiat 500 sport intake decision

elchino89
09-05-2014, 06:36 PM
So im looking to add a little more perk in my 500 sport im completely stock engine wise. Should i go with a short ram intake or a longer cold air intake, anyone have one installed. What brand, will my check engine light come on. Will i feel and hear a difference... HELP!

lammie200
09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
An intake alone won't help you out much. I recommend the Road Race or Modern Performance lightened crank pulley kit if you are only going to do one thing. You should be able to feel the difference with one installed.

Tweak
09-05-2014, 11:02 PM
An intake alone won't help you out much. I recommend the Road Race or Modern Performance lightened crank pulley kit if you are only going to do one thing. You should be able to feel the difference with one installed.

This guy makes a lot of sense...BUT if you are dead set on an intake I had a RRM (Road Race Motorsports) Corsa intake on my former Sport and was very happy with the looks and sound. I won't say it (or any) intake will make much of a difference on the non turboed 500 models though.

elchino89
09-06-2014, 12:58 PM

I will deff look into installing this pulley kit thanx!

snakebite4767
09-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm surprised that 2lbs would make a noticeable difference. Certainly looks like a relatively easy mod.

Snakebite

500spot
09-06-2014, 08:12 PM
He is correct, I have had the Modern Perf underdrive pulley on mine for a very long time and I can say that out of all the performance mods I've made, this is the one that gave me the most bang for the buck. When added with intake, open exhaust, RRM timing controller & go-pedal, you will be surprizing a lot of V6s & some V8s out there not to mention the average 4 banger Hondas and others. Oh yeh, When you delete all the Fiat seats and replace the fronts with after market you are losing a couple hundred pounds which is a major increase in hp/lb. These modified Sports can be very quik & agile even without a turbo. You still won't be staying with the turbo models in the top end but how many times do you have the chance to drive up in the triple digit area anyways?