PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500L Recall and Stop Sale Update

Fiat500USA
09-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat500USA.com has received information from a source familiar with the Fiat 500L recall that may help ease some concerns and let owners know what's going...

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/LHmynKPQaTQ/fiat-500l-recall-and-stop-sale-update.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TvQGZXta7wc/Um-2_iP68aI/AAAAAAAASzg/MqcZ7ghgh10/s500/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500L_US_%20Crash_Test%20%2814%29.jpg

marcants1977
09-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat500USA.com has received information from a source familiar with the Fiat 500L recall that may help ease some concerns and let owners know what's going...

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/LHmynKPQaTQ/fiat-500l-recall-and-stop-sale-update.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TvQGZXta7wc/Um-2_iP68aI/AAAAAAAASzg/MqcZ7ghgh10/s500/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500L_US_%20Crash_Test%20%2814%29.jpg

Wow! Late September Ship Date? Looks like 500L sales are pretty much done for 2014! Lucky if sales will ever re-gain pre-recall levels. I wonder if they can bump production of the 2015 model but I'm assuming the August Vacation and fact that they probably have bad Airbag modules for 2015 in stock makes things look very bleak. I feel bad for all the salespeople across the country having to endure this. I hope TRW is held financially accountable in some way.

Fiat500USA
09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
It is looking like the 500L will be sidelined for at least two full months.

Andree
09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
We can expect this to happen more often. For all vehicle manufacturers.

The rules have changed to full disclosure, and instant recalls.

As soon as there is a hint of a problem, the vehicles get pulled, recalled, headlines, something.

I can't remember who, but some manufacturer recently got dinged millions for not doing what they should. Obviously it's worse for any brand to be fined and shown guilty of basic negligence, than it is for a manufacturer themselves to pull the car for safety reasons.

I would say I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time, but the car caught me the other day with a warning beep. I carry a cross body bag, same direction as the seatbelt. Feeling the pressure of the bag strap this one time had me overlook my belt (omg!). And the car beeped at me to remind me.

It also distracted me and scared me. It's at that moment I could have jerked and run into a wall or something. haha. And I wouldn't have had the seatbelt on yet. NHTSA thinks like that, and so do I. I'm in a regular 500, but it could just as easily happened in the 500L or any other model because of the cross body bag.

Recall and stop sale, do what has to be done to make the cars do what they are supposed to do. So if I don't do what I am supposed to do, even a fluke, I can always count on the car!

Fiat500USA
09-05-2014, 01:14 AM
The car makes the most obnoxious beeping, so hopefully it will be a wakeup call for everyone who purposely drives without a belt. Still, I think it's ridiculous to ground all the cars because there is a possibility that the bag may deploy incorrectly for 5 percent of one gender that doesn't wear a seatbelt, which is against the law anyway. Seems like a lot of people have to suffer for a tiny few.

There will be repercussions starting at dealerships. Nice things that everyone wants like loaner cars, parts in stock and maybe having enough staff to return calls all have to be paid for. Cuts will have to be made somewhere and while it can be assumed most places will try to avoid doing something that negatively impacts customers, it is inevitable that given enough time it will eventually happen. Let's hope everyone can hang in there before stuff like that happens.

Andree
09-05-2014, 02:04 AM
No one is ever prepared for a recall, that requires all cars to get a new part.

It's not like we can origami that airbag at home into the correct configuration.

Crud happens all the time. Salad recalls or other produce, as it was tainted somehow in the field or in the factory. Medicines too, that are supposed to be done in a carefully controlled environment. Or that thing where someone was juggling Anthrax while transporting or whatever that story was. From absolute carelessness to "this was supposed to work in all circumstances", crud happens.

I'm sure the biggest problems will be felt at the maker of the part. I don't know if they have to chuck the old ones, or if the old ones are rebuildable to meet specs. The bags probably aren't hand done, so that could mean reworking their machinery to do things differently. Which then may require parts they do not have and may not even exist.

It's hard for everyone!