PDA

View Full Version : $1200 to spend 500 miles new

thecolortech
09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon all
Thecolortech from minnesota here
I have set aside a budget of 1200 to spend on first upgrades for my 2014 500 abarth convertible just put 500 miles on the clock
Just hoping to get a few comments on what to buy first and the order to install them
I like the exhaust and it's awesome sound. So I won't probably be changing that at all or ever?
Thank you all in advance. And if anyone seeing this is from minnesota ? Would love to see your upgrades if your local?
Later

NGEN
09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello,

Give us a call. We would love to discuss what is most important to you in modifying your Abarth. Handling, horsepower, looks, all of the above? I look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan

ophidia31
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Well since everyone is going to be different with their opinion. These two things are something I would call a non-negotiable. Putting them on made the car much more firm and planted feeling without any degradation of the ride.

Roadracemotorsports (RRM) front chassis braces
RRM, Neuf or CPR (forum vendor) rear torsion bar

Other than that, probably an intake of some sort and then (even though theyre not out yet and still in testing) the silicone hot and cold side replacment hoses for the stock intercoolers. They would be available from NORCALSS. Then a turbo blanket from either manufacture. The PTP Lava has been showing up on a lot of cars recently (mine included)

Fiat500USA
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! What are your preferences? Want to look good, go faster, better handling, etc? Let us know and we'll be glad to spend your money! gr_grin

MarkG
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
First, I would order a short shift adapter, Madness or NeuF. Second, I would get a UNIChip piggyback, Stage 1 from EuroCompulsion. Third, an intake system of your liking and last a rear sway bar. Ar least thats what I would recommend.

Abarth Fun
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't think there is any upgrade that will put more of a smile on your face than a Sprint Booster or Power Pedal! Of all the upgrades I've done I think this is my favorite. It just makes a fun car more fun, it's easy to install, and it's not incompatible with other upgrades you may want to add...

Sales@roadrace
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Stage 2!

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_119&products_id=2049

Tweak
09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. As has been stated I think it really depends on what is most important to you, lay out your goals and many will offer suggestions. You've already gotten several good ones though!

thecolortech
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree they are all good. I think I would like to work on the engine first then maybe stiffen it and throw in a short shifter
Brakes are also something I'll look into after the engine.
My thought were ecu and pedal power and air flow. From what I have read though air flow is a highly debatable topic.
That is confusing me more than almost all the other parts I'm looking at. Where it should and shouldn't be cooling from and to and adding a blanket etc. Rrm v2 appears to be a viable one
I am not interested in noise and looks more power from all the modifications otherwise it's not worth it to me. I have heavily modified my mk 4 tt supra and subaru wrx and was very happy with those cars. I'm not new to this game but I am new to the Abarth

Tweak
09-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I agree they are all good. I think I would like to work on the engine first then maybe stiffen it and throw in a short shifter
Brakes are also something I'll look into after the engine.
My thought were ecu and pedal power and air flow. From what I have read though air flow is a highly debatable topic.
That is confusing me more than almost all the other parts I'm looking at. Where it should and shouldn't be cooling from and to and adding a blanket etc. Rrm v2 appears to be a viable one
I am not interested in noise and looks more power from all the modifications otherwise it's not worth it to me. I have heavily modified my mk 4 tt supra and subaru wrx and was very happy with those cars. I'm not new to this game but I am new to the Abarth

Your choice on which rear bar but that's a must have mod. I have a RRM rear torsion bar and love it. As intakes go most are going to saw for the most power get the ATM HCI, they have a cowl and fender solution. The cowl style is loud so keep that in mind. As for power the #1 fav currently is the UniChip from Eurocompulsion with the RRM U3 (Ultimate) a close 2nd and the Tork tune (bench-flash) running along with 2nd for those wanting to go beyond a piggyback solution. This is my opinion on your reply and a good place to start.

FSTCS6
09-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Depending on how much power you want to add you may wish to reconsider the order in which you do your mods.....to add a lot of extra power without making the suspension and brakes capable of handling the extra oomph is often a recipe for disaster. Not trying to be a wet blanket just wanting to ensure you have a safe modifying experience.

With that being said, if you're looking for extra power you may want to ensure you make the most use of what you have already, turbo blanket, power pedal and a CAI that fits in with your future plans. Those few things lay a great foundation for future mods and should leave some of your budget free to add some handling improvements.

ALadies500L
09-03-2014, 11:51 AM
My suggestion,
Sprintbooster - SBFI0001S
Intake - SP5023P or SP5023BLK - love this intake because it allows you to hear your wee turbo and adds 8-10 hp
neuspeed offers springs http://www.neu-f.com/303/0/0/2930/nf5501-neu-f-fiat-500-performance-springs.html
front anti roll http://www.neu-f.com/303/0/0/2947/nf1525-neu-f-front-sway-bar-25mm.html
rear torsion bars http://www.neu-f.com/303/0/0/2937/nf2528-neu-f-rear-torsion-bar-28mm.html

can do some power and some stance.
if you are feeling really brave bilstine offers a coil over kit for the 500 http://www.neu-f.com/303/0/0/2985/47228078-bilstein-pss-coilover-kit.html