PDA

View Full Version : Visormates?

cactusjk
08-24-2014, 10:54 AM
I am looking for a visor extension for the drivers side of my 500e. Visormates and one from Hot Fiat are the only ones out there I can find. Does anyone have experience with these cheap solutions?

Greg Elmassian
08-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Honestly, they look cheesy, but will do until someone finds something better I guess. I'm tall so my seat is all the way back, so no protection from light from the side.

By the way, you posted this in the charging forum, you would get better response posting in the right forum.

Greg

cactusjk
08-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback and will do.
Honestly, they look cheesy, but will do until someone finds something better I guess. I'm tall so my seat is all the way back, so no protection from light from the side.

By the way, you posted this in the charging forum, you would get better response posting in the right forum.

Greg

Fiat500USA
08-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Moved thread. No problem.

streetsurfer
08-26-2014, 11:18 AM
I had to operate within a fleet of older trucks for years, some with broken or poorly fitted visors. I'd taken to always wearing a cap or hat, and more recently a beret, but this only addresses vision and some face protection. Brimmed hats work of course, but a beret with an adequate flight can be adjusted to a greater extent than a brim, to block the sun from your field of view. You may lose a touch of the periphery though, as opposed to a proper windshield visor.

Next time you travel the interstate system, stop into a truck stop/plaza and look in their accessories area. I bet you will see at least a couple/few options for visor extensions or tinted shields. There, you may find a greater selection than multiple stops at local stores might provide for. A better visor system would be ideal, but for added sun protection, those child/baby sun screens might be implemented too. The suction cupped, or the mylar cling type. Just some temporary suggestions. Ideally, a better Fiat design will come out, that can be retrofitted later.

a side note here.....I can no longer read the word "visor" without sounding, in my head, like Eric Roberts (Paulie) reading the racing program in The Pope of Greenwich Village.

Greg Elmassian
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
If the stock visors just "telescoped" like many cars do, it would solve the problem.

Greg