PDA

View Full Version : ATM Fenderwell Ram Air Intake Group Buy!

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
08-19-2014, 12:33 PM
We will be populating this thread with pics and info but in the meantime all those currently on the list can start to pay their $100 deposit at www.paypal.com and pay this acct:

AmbientThermalManagement@yahoo.com

GB pricing will look something like this:
1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping
***ATM FMIC Owners will recieve a $20 credit OR an Outerwearz water/mist filter cover***

1. SD-paid in full
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid deposit
4. PH-paid deposit
5. SF-paid in full
6. LH/GHH-paid deposit
7. NG-paid in full
8. SH-paid deposit
9. Moonwell-paid deposit
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid in full
12. MH-paid in full
13. BS-paid in full
14. KA-paid deposit
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid deposit
17. JM-paid deposit/local pickup
18. DA-paid in full
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid deposit
21. KF-paid in full/need to pay shipping

ophidia31
08-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Money will be sent when I get home later. Do I make a note in the payment about the cover or just do that here?

aktif8
08-19-2014, 01:01 PM
deposit sent!

moonwell
08-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Deposited.

08-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Money will be sent when I get home later. Do I make a note in the payment about the cover or just do that here?
Great question... Please let me know on the PayPal message if you want the cover.

08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
If everyone could please let me know your initials after you pay your deposit id like to switch to those vs a screenname!

Abarth Five O
08-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Deposit sent

ewflyer
08-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, is this Fenderwell Intake a mod that can only be done to an Abarth that already has a front-mounted intercooler?

Abarth Five O
08-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Yes

Crossfirecat
08-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Deposit sent.

ophidia31
08-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Deposit sent.

Edit: Initials are E.D

Said that in the message with the deposit. Not sure how that would have helped you. lol

AudiGuy
08-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Deposit sent!! I didn't add a message about the filter cover. But I would like one
Initials ES

Are we still looking at 3+ weeks ? Sorry, haven't been following.

Abarth Five O
08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
4 to 6 weeks +

aktif8
08-19-2014, 07:58 PM
4 to 6 weeks +

Initials KA.

No cover - i'd like the discount.

Word to the wise, for those that don't have experience with outerwears covers - the waterproof properties only last about 4 - 5k miles, and then they must be discarded.

ophidia31
08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Word to the wise, for those that don't have experience with outerwears covers - the waterproof properties only last about 4 - 5k miles, and then they must be discarded.

Not looking for the water proofing for me. Thats just a little bonus until it wears off. Mainly want it for the pre-filter.

AudiGuy
08-19-2014, 10:26 PM
You can spray down the cover with water repellent. That will have the same effect. Just plan on doing it every few months.

bootychickens
08-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Paid. Initials are SF and I would like the cover please.

boxerbay
08-20-2014, 11:42 AM
anybody have a phone number for ATM? please PM it to me.

been trying to get a hold of them all day.

thanks.

Tweak
08-20-2014, 12:03 PM
You can spray down the cover with water repellent. That will have the same effect. Just plan on doing it every few months.

Hydrophobic spray from Home Depot is a nice option for this since it is hidden...the white residue won't matter at all!

AudiGuy
08-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Hydrophobic spray from Home Depot is a nice option for this since it is hidden...the white residue won't matter at all!

I was going to use scotch guard. Or something for leather.

Tweak
08-20-2014, 12:37 PM
I was going to use scotch guard. Or something for leather.

Guess that works too but the stuff I am referring to won't allow ANY water or mud or anything really get to it (except air) and it will stay cleaner much longer. ;)
(Still needs an occasional respray though)

mudking
08-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Deposit sent.. NG

08-20-2014, 01:34 PM
U have a PM

anybody have a phone number for ATM? please PM it to me.

been trying to get a hold of them all day.

thanks.

AudiGuy
08-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Guess that works too but the stuff I am referring to won't allow ANY water or mud or anything really get to it (except air) and it will stay cleaner much longer. ;)
(Still needs an occasional respray though)

link?

Ryephile
08-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Damn, given the GB has already hit the lowest pricing, I guess I should get in on the party. grouphug

Deposit sent!
RM

shagghie
08-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Damn, given the GB has already hit the lowest pricing, I guess I should get in on the party. grouphug

Deposit sent!
RM

And if you weren't all already convinced this is the one to get..... in jumps Ryephile.

You're going to love it man...zero lag now.

Goose
08-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Please add me to the list (SH). Deposit is headed your way shortly and I'll take the Outerwearz filter cover. SpinningSmiley

Abarth Five O
08-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Ryephile's purchase reaffirms my decision :encouragement:

Tweak
08-20-2014, 10:24 PM
link?

http://www.neverwet.com/ (video on the right side)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476

You're smart enough to research it but apparently it isn't ideal for painted finishes but for inside the engine bay it has worked fine for others and for your intended use it should be great I would think.

Ryephile
08-20-2014, 11:28 PM
And if you weren't all already convinced this is the one to get..... in jumps Ryephile.

You're going to love it man...zero lag now.

Ryephile's purchase reaffirms my decision :encouragement:

You guys are too nice. :)

Ok the only credit I'm stealing from this is I was pushing the ATM guys really hard to develop this as a quiet alternative to the HCI, to the point they were sending me prototype pics months ago just to keep me satiated. My favorite part was a bit ago they did a preliminary dyno set and found this "bumper cheek intake" (as I called it) made measurably more power than the HCI. This seems to be reaffirmed by Shagghie. The short run tube means there's less pressure drop [and better throttle response] than anything else on the market, and the fresh air feed can't get any more ambient.

I did a quick-n-dirty mock up of this intake concept a while back and found that the lowest I could get the filter was 11" off the ground, and it was out of "horizontal rain" flow from the bumper intercooler inlets. This means that unless you live in an area that gets 11" of standing water and you don't mind having 4+ inches of water in your interior floor and your clutch & transmission flooded, you'll never get the filter wet.

aktif8
08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
fwiw - take it from whence it comes, since it's in their best interest to keep selling you replacements.

>Can I retreat the Pre-filter with water repellent spray? - 11/03/2004

No. The Outerwears Pre-Filters water repellency feature is a complicated hydrophobic water repellent process. It is not sprayed on. This process is designed to prevent water ingestion, and at the same time, continue to allow maximum airflow. If you were to spray on any aftermarket water repellency solution, you would reduce the airflow resulting in horsepower and fuel efficiency loss.

Water repellency feature is a factory process and cannot be duplicated by spraying on an aftermarket water repellency solution

bomba
08-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Deposit sent.

shagghie
08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I can confirm this too recently...it has been raining cats and frogs here in Houston recently (thought not as much as Detroit!). Alas, even after a freeway trip at 75mph in moderate to heavy(at times) rain, and even trailing big trucks etc... and then also after hitting one really deep puddle (on driver's side, not passenger's, but still)... i got home reached around, and the filter was only VERY lightly misted. That is just 'ambient mist' so to speak...about how it would feel if you drove through a thick fog. There was no signs of water splash anywhere on or around the filter. Note: i have the wheel well vents sealed up and I also have the side SMIC vents partially covered with packing foam on the inside to disperse any big splashes from trucks etc. Probably not necessary given where the filter actually sits, but out here in Houston...thought it couldn't hurt.

I continue to refer to this intake as the HOLY SH!T INTAKE. It is very noticeably quicker than even the mighty HCI. On release, it reminds me of my old P-Flo days on the 1.8T VAG engine with the Go Fast Bits BOV on recirc. It sounds like a Pssssshh that comes from the bottom of the entire car....soooo creamy wet like a mister at Disneyland. The WOT whistle is also nearly GONE... unless, of course, you are a passerby on the side of the road. Then you will be like WWWAT DAT?????

You guys are too nice. :)

Ok the only credit I'm stealing from this is I was pushing the ATM guys really hard to develop this as a quiet alternative to the HCI, to the point they were sending me prototype pics months ago just to keep me satiated. My favorite part was a bit ago they did a preliminary dyno set and found this "bumper cheek intake" (as I called it) made measurably more power than the HCI. This seems to be reaffirmed by Shagghie. The short run tube means there's less pressure drop [and better throttle response] than anything else on the market, and the fresh air feed can't get any more ambient.

I did a quick-n-dirty mock up of this intake concept a while back and found that the lowest I could get the filter was 11" off the ground, and it was out of "horizontal rain" flow from the bumper intercooler inlets. This means that unless you live in an area that gets 11" of standing water and you don't mind having 4+ inches of water in your interior floor and your clutch & transmission flooded, you'll never get the filter wet.

AudiGuy
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM
fwiw - take it from whence it comes, since it's in their best interest to keep selling you replacements.

>Can I retreat the Pre-filter with water repellent spray? - 11/03/2004

No. The Outerwears Pre-Filters water repellency feature is a complicated hydrophobic water repellent process. It is not sprayed on. This process is designed to prevent water ingestion, and at the same time, continue to allow maximum airflow. If you were to spray on any aftermarket water repellency solution, you would reduce the airflow resulting in horsepower and fuel efficiency loss.

Water repellency feature is a factory process and cannot be duplicated by spraying on an aftermarket water repellency solution

Interesting. I imagined it was similar to the K&N pre charger cover. Those restrict a little, so I can imagine a spray having the same effect. But to what degree? Enough to make a difference? Would be easy to test through MAF readings.

Hoppy
08-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Does the bumper cover need to be removed to clean the filter or can the intake be disconnected at the turbo inlet and the piping and filter pulled up and out into the engine bay for maintenance?

ophidia31
08-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Does the bumper cover need to be removed to clean the filter or can the intake be disconnected at the turbo inlet and the piping and filter pulled up and out into the engine bay for maintenance?

Good q, but I dont think the filter would fit through the opening. Can probably turn the wheel and get at it through the wheel well by moving the liner out of the way. Just have to clock the clamp correctly so you can get at it from that side.

Abarth Five O
08-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Good Q: if we can service the air filter w/o taking off the bumper that would be a +.

shagghie
08-21-2014, 10:28 PM

you'll have to spend 30 mins every 3 years or so and take the frontbutt off.
Can't pull it up from top, no. fender well... Could be tight to try to reach the clamp etc to pull filter off.

Cargo
08-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Deposit sent, initials are PH

shagghie
08-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Ryephile...hope you don't mind but I quoted one of your posts on a different forum here: http://goo.gl/R7rhym
I just got to my wits end with thingy and stuff.

ophidia31
08-23-2014, 09:38 PM
We just need these things out on our cars already. :boink:

Ryephile
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Ryephile...hope you don't mind but I quoted one of your posts on a different forum here: http://goo.gl/R7rhym
I just got to my wits end with thingy and stuff.

I don't bother with that forum anymore.

ophidia31
08-27-2014, 10:29 PM
I know its not even Sept yet, but any updates on these?

AudiGuy
08-28-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't bother with that forum anymore.

Why? I didn't see any beef with you over there?

09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Guys the silicone for the 1st 20 kits is getting finished mid next week, there will be about a 3 week delay for the remaining 5 kits(this doesn't affect anyone currently in the GB). The reservoir splash shields are all bent up then off to the E-coater then back for the logo laser etching. Our original timeline is working out and we hope to have everything in hand in about 2.5-3 weeks! If anyone wants to reserve an intake please follow the directions on the 1st post of this thread!

ophidia31
09-02-2014, 06:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gu8UW.jpg

ophidia31
09-17-2014, 07:36 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/283ba4114f6472639aec79d5fe7e6d52/tumblr_inline_moc7sjmG3O1qz4rgp.gif

Abarth Five O
09-17-2014, 09:11 PM
I have a good feeling this is going to be one of the best mods yet for my car. Can't wait too.

bootychickens
09-24-2014, 02:02 PM
I have a good feeling this is going to be one of the best mods yet for my car. Can't wait too.

Hate to be that guy but.... updates.. eta?

moonwell
09-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Hate to be that guy but.... updates.. eta?
Thanks for being that guy sillylol Getting antsy as well :)

ophidia31
09-24-2014, 09:19 PM
My cars getting fixed so I got a week. So, there better be some good news in that time. jestera

09-25-2014, 12:44 PM

The brackets and splash shield are being powdercoated currently at the same location that does our sandblasting, the washer replacement kit is currently out of stock at he manufacturer BUT they have more getting produced/manufactured. We will have all our parts that we build late next week so it will be a waiting game for reservoirs!

ophidia31
09-28-2014, 09:10 PM
If its anything like what it says on the Apex website with a out of stock date until the 15th. Another 2 1/2 weeks.

boostfreak
10-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Deposit paid, please add me! Can't wait.

I guess I need the intercooler now lol

10-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Deposit paid, please add me! Can't wait.

I guess I need the intercooler now lol

Just recieved the deposit...however, this intake requires the use of a front mount intercooler as the intake takes the place of the passenger side intercooler!

moonwell
10-15-2014, 02:49 PM
If its anything like what it says on the Apex website with a out of stock date until the 15th. Another 2 1/2 weeks.
Did the washer kits come in? I hope so, because the Apex website just updated to say out of stock until 11/7 now! :(

ophidia31
10-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Did the washer kits come in? I hope so, because the Apex website just updated to say out of stock until 11/7 now! :(

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130411035507/peanuts/images/1/1f/Charliebrown-1-.jpg

Hopefully theyre out of stock because ATM got the whole shipment.

Abarth Five O
10-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I hope we get it before Xmas. :lala:

10-15-2014, 05:23 PM

I'll call tomm BUT I surely hope not we are literally sitting on a mountain of parts here ready to go!

Crossfirecat
10-16-2014, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't mind if you shipped everything without the reservoir for now! I'll pay for the additional shipping cost when the res's come in!!!

mudking
10-16-2014, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't mind if you shipped everything without the reservoir for now! I'll pay for the additional shipping cost when the res's come in!!! +1 , I had this same thought...

10-16-2014, 07:32 AM
I wouldn't mind if you shipped everything without the reservoir for now! I'll pay for the additional shipping cost when the res's come in!!!

This would be a logistical nightmare on our end on a multitude of levels, we prefer to ship all the kits in their entirety...

ophidia31
10-16-2014, 03:12 PM
I'll call tomm BUT I surely hope not we are literally sitting on a mountain of parts here ready to go!

Did you get a chance to contact them? If this is going to end up going into November, regretfully, is there anyway to get my deposit back? I wouldnt have the time or the warmer weather for installation and what I was going to do with this.

10-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Did you get a chance to contact them? If this is going to end up going into November, regretfully, is there anyway to get my deposit back? I wouldnt have the time or the warmer weather for installation and what I was going to do with this.

We have an email into them waiting for a reply!

Abarth Five O
10-16-2014, 05:34 PM
It will be well worth wait, imo, even if after Nov or until Spring given the performance edge of this CAI and long production times, plus we would have more time to accumulate funds.

ophidia31
10-16-2014, 05:51 PM
It will be well worth wait, imo, even if after Nov or until Spring given the performance edge of this CAI and long production times, plus we would have more time to accumulate funds.

Yeah I know. In my head I keep saying that nobody else will make something like this, and with them posting about selling their Abarth, who knows if this will be run through again for a GB. I wont really need the extra power in the winter anyway and Ive lived with the stock intake this long since putting it back on in July. lol

ophidia31
10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Did they ever get back to you guys?

shagghie
10-20-2014, 05:37 PM
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10727680_632600920182273_1879837638_n.jpg

this just happened. that is not a decal.

AudiGuy
10-20-2014, 08:37 PM
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10727680_632600920182273_1879837638_n.jpg

this just happened. that is not a decal.

Yeah pretty sure I just cursed you on Instagram for posting this

shagghie
10-21-2014, 01:20 AM
Yeah pretty sure I just cursed you on Instagram for posting this

Yup yup! This is great news! Prepare for exhilaration and a dead easy install!

10-21-2014, 05:22 AM

Yea,

The posted date of Nov 7th has become the official date when the relocation reservoirs get in stock, we have everything else on our end here ready to go and will get these kits out to everyone as soon as we recieve them.

Sorry for this delay but this one was entirely out of our hands...

ophidia31
10-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Are they going to be drop shipped to you or are they going to get shipped to them first and then they ship them to you?

10-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Are they going to be drop shipped to you or are they going to get shipped to them first and then they ship them to you?

Good question, I can ask about that! Apex is only a day shipment from us and promised ours go out 1st!

shagghie
10-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Deposit sent for my father. initials JS.
let's get this party started!

You guys have no idea what you're in for... Insta-spool!

We will be populating this thread with pics and info but in the meantime all those currently on the list can start to pay their $100 deposit at www.paypal.com and pay this acct:

1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping
***ATM FMIC Owners will recieve a $20 credit OR an Outerwearz water/mist filter cover***

1. SD-paid deposit
2. ED-paid deposit
3. ES-paid deposit
4. PH-paid deposit
5. SF-paid deposit
6. LH/GHH-paid deposit
7. NG-paid deposit
8. SH-paid deposit
9. Moonwell-paid deposit
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid deposit
12. MH-paid deposit
13. BS-paid deposit
14. KA-paid deposit
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid deposit
18. DA-paid deposit
19. DW-paid deposit

boostfreak
10-23-2014, 11:50 PM
20+ pricing??? :D

Crossfirecat
10-23-2014, 11:58 PM
I can't believe that we haven't hit 25! This is going to be the best intake available! It has the shortest,straightest path to the turbo! It's going to make everything else feel like sucking a milkshake through a coffee stirrer! ;)

shagghie
10-24-2014, 12:25 AM
I can't believe that we haven't hit 25! This is going to be the best intake available! It has the shortest,straightest path to the turbo! It's going to make everything else feel like sucking a milkshake through a coffee stirrer! ;)

I can attest to this!! May as well be running an open turbo... That's the difference this thing made, even over the HCI!

kenfowles
10-29-2014, 09:11 AM
We are at 20, I sent $.

shagghie
10-29-2014, 10:57 AM
We are at 20, I sent $.

Good man! My father is also in, but I don't think they've updated the list yet. So we should be at 21 now.

11-04-2014, 12:50 PM

1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid deposit
2. ED-paid deposit
3. ES-paid deposit
4. PH-paid deposit
5. SF-paid deposit
6. LH/GHH-paid deposit
7. NG-paid deposit
8. SH-paid deposit
9. Moonwell-paid deposit
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid deposit
12. MH-paid deposit
13. BS-paid deposit
14. KA-paid deposit
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid deposit
18. DA-paid deposit
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid deposit
21. KF-paid deposit

Ok guys we expect everything to be shipping to us by weeks end and expect to start shipping mid next week so it's time for final payment including shipping...

www.paypal.com and pay this email:

Shipping rates are as follows:

Eastern USA- $27
Midwest(Ohio to Rockies)- $30
Western(west of Rockies)- $34

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

****when making final payment via PayPal please state on the Paypal Memo whether you are getting the $20 discount OR the outerwears mist cover(ATM FMIC owners only-other intercooler owners can pay an extra $20 if they want the Outerwears mist cover) AND also please include the # your initials are on the above list!****

Abarth Five O
11-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Cool, please confirm my shipping rate so I can send payment. Thxs!

11-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Cool, please confirm my shipping rate so I can send payment. Thxs!

Will have to get you a USPS priority rate(once its ready to ship) as that has been proving to be cheaper in european shipments!

11-04-2014, 04:25 PM
1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid deposit
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid deposit
4. PH-paid deposit
5. SF-paid deposit
6. LH/GHH-paid deposit
7. NG-paid deposit
8. SH-paid deposit
9. Moonwell-paid deposit
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid deposit
12. MH-paid deposit
13. BS-paid deposit
14. KA-paid deposit
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid deposit
18. DA-paid deposit
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid deposit
21. KF-paid deposit

Ok guys we expect everything to be shipping to us by weeks end and expect to start shipping mid next week so it's time for final payment including shipping...

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

****when making final payment via PayPal please state on the Paypal Memo whether you are getting the $20 discount OR the outerwears mist cover(ATM FMIC owners only-other intercooler owners can pay an extra $20 if they want the Outerwears mist cover) AND also please include the # your initials are on the above list!****

Abarth Five O
11-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Will have to get you a USPS priority rate(once its ready to ship) as that has been proving to be cheaper in european shipments!
Ok lmk as soon as you get it so I can send payment.

bootychickens
11-04-2014, 06:40 PM
#5 SF paid. Let me know if i didn't pay the correct amount.

Crossfirecat
11-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Full payment sent (SD). I put a note in with payment to include the outerwears cover please.

mudking
11-06-2014, 01:28 PM
#7 NG, paid in full..included note for cover.... Thanks!!

bomba
11-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Paid in full. Please include the cover!

ophidia31
11-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Everything still looking good for next week shipping?

aktif8
11-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Sent a PM, haven't heard back - for local pickup, where are you guys located?

11-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Everything still looking good for next week shipping?

Great News Apex just returned from SEMA and will be shipping the reservoir kits to us tommorrow so as soon as we recieve them we will be shipping them out to all that have paid in full!

AudiGuy
11-10-2014, 11:05 AM
ES FINAL PAYMENT SENT. Note to include outerwears cover.

When are you guys going to start shipping out?

11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
ES FINAL PAYMENT SENT. Note to include outerwears cover.

When are you guys going to start shipping out?
We have everything here ready to go as soon as we receive the reservoirs from apex we will loosely bolt them to the splash shield and tape up the box... I would hope to see them by the end of the week! You guys are going to love this intake it makes a huge difference in power even over the HCi!

11-10-2014, 11:11 AM
1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid in full
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid in full
4. PH-paid in full
5. SF-paid in full
6. LH/GHH-paid in full
7. NG-paid in full
8. SH-paid in full
9. Moonwell-paid in full
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid in full
12. MH-paid in full
13. BS-paid in full
14. KA-paid in full-local pickup
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid in full
18. DA-paid in full
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid in full
21. KF-paid in full

Ok guys WE ARE SHIPPING so it's time for final payment including shipping...

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

Abarth Five O
11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok lmk as soon as you get it so I can send payment.

Sent PM

Goose
11-10-2014, 04:17 PM
SH final payment sent.

aktif8
11-12-2014, 11:49 AM
payment sent, KA

Ryephile
11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Good thing I checked this thread! Payment sent, #16, RM.

*edit* damnit I sent the full amount and forgot to subtract the deposit. :sour: That about sums up how sucky life is right now. :(

shagghie
11-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Life is about to get many more sucky when you get this intake. But in a twist of irony, this will be a good thing!

*edit* damnit I sent the full amount and forgot to subtract the deposit. :sour: That about sums up how sucky life is right now. :(

11-12-2014, 05:03 PM

Things just got better, $100 refunded!

Ryephile
11-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys! I needed the chuckle. :)

Abarth Five O
11-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Good to see u back on the board and also buying this CAI. :encouragement:

Crossfirecat
11-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Out of curiousity, I have to ask...what was Apex's response when you ordered all of those washer relocation kits? That had to be wondering what the heck you were gonna do with that many??

Great News Apex just returned from SEMA and will be shipping the reservoir kits to us tommorrow so as soon as we recieve them we will be shipping them out to all that have paid in full!

Cargo
11-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Money just sent for #4 PH.

AudiGuy
11-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Ship.., ship.., ship :)

11-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Ship.., ship.., ship :)

Shipping commences tommorrow, we should have these all out by wednesdaydancingsmilies

Please everyone feel free to post your reviews on the intake as well as any comparisons to stock or other intakes this may be replacing!

AudiGuy
11-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Shipping commences tommorrow, we should have these all out by wednesdaydancingsmilies

Please everyone feel free to post your reviews on the intake as well as any comparisons to stock or other intakes this may be replacing!
:bigclap:

Abarth Five O
11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Hope to receive mine and install it before the Hot Imports Night car show on 12/6. biggrinparty

ophidia31
11-16-2014, 07:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tdrBo.gif

11-17-2014, 12:46 PM
These started to ship out today, we loosely assemble the kit for you so please be sure to tighten everything down properly...

Here's the install video and writeup(thanks Shaggie)

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?16979-ATM-Ram-Air-CAI-Installation-and-First-Impressions

And again we welcome any reviews, datalogs, dynos and comparisons to STOCK or ANY OTHER intake.

Crossfirecat
11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Got my tracking number this morning! Says it'll be here in time for a weekend install!

Abarth Five O
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
These started to ship out today, we loosely assemble the kit for you so please be sure to tighten everything down properly...

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?16979-ATM-Ram-Air-CAI-Installation-and-First-Impressions

And again we welcome any reviews, datalogs, dynos and comparisons to STOCK or ANY OTHER intake.

Look forward to receiving shipping charge so I can send the balance.

11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Look forward to receiving shipping charge so I can send the balance.

Shipping and handling to Hawaii is $40 via USPS!

bootychickens
11-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Ohh yeah! Thursday night its awn!!!!

SHIP DATE
Monday, November 17, 2014

EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE
Thursday, November 20, 2014 End of Day

Abarth Five O
11-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Shipping and handling to Hawaii is $40 via USPS!

Great, sending balance plus shipping now. Please include Outerwears cover with my shipment. Thanks!

shagghie
11-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Prepare for Combat!

Abarth Five O
11-17-2014, 08:06 PM
:uzi:gun2

AudiGuy
11-17-2014, 10:49 PM
:cold:I didn't get tracking info

11-18-2014, 05:18 AM
These are in stock and we have a few still available!

1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid in full
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid in full
4. PH-paid in full
5. SF-paid in full
6. LH/GHH-paid in full
7. NG-paid in full
8. SH-paid in full
9. Moonwell-paid in full
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid in full
12. MH-paid in full
13. BS-paid in full
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid in full
18. DA-paid in full
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid in full
21. KF-paid in full

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

AudiGuy
11-18-2014, 10:52 AM

1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid in full
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid in full
4. PH-paid in full
5. SF-paid in full
6. LH/GHH-paid in full
7. NG-paid in full
8. SH-paid in full
9. Moonwell-paid in full
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid in full
12. MH-paid in full
13. BS-paid in full
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid in full
18. DA-paid in full
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid in full
21. KF-paid in full

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

Can you get mine out today? Big fiat 500 meet in Miami on Saturday. I'd like to get this on in time.

11-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Can you get mine out today? Big fiat 500 meet in Miami on Saturday. I'd like to get this on in time.

See post below

11-18-2014, 01:27 PM

If your initials are #3 ES it shipped yesterday and you should have recieved tracking info to the email you paypalled with...

ophidia31
11-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Got it about an hour ago. Going to try and get it done tommorrow before work. If not the majority then finish the rest after. Cant wait. The longest might be just blocking some stuff off. Install should take about couple hours Id say.

Abarth Five O
11-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Got it about an hour ago. Going to try and get it done tommorrow before work. If not the majority then finish the rest after. Cant wait. The longest might be just blocking some stuff off. Install should take about couple hours Id say.
Look forward to your review and install tips. Mine should arrive by next week.

AudiGuy
11-18-2014, 10:32 PM
If your initials are #3 ES it shipped yesterday and you should have recieved tracking info to the email you paypalled with...

Yes that's me! But no I have not received an email with tracking.

Edit: just searched through my junk. No luck

11-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Yes that's me! But no I have not received an email with tracking.

Edit: just searched through my junk. No luck

Ups.com
1z069x330353545649
Will be delivered on Thursday!

shagghie
11-19-2014, 01:47 PM
install video!

http://youtu.be/cHFXGtcdNZ4

Goose
11-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Any updates for #8 SH on the list? Haven't received a confirmation email so wanted to check in. Thanks!

11-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Any updates for #8 SH on the list? Haven't received a confirmation email so wanted to check in. Thanks!

Shipped today, you should have recieved your tracking info.

Goose
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Just received the email. Thanks beerchug

boostaddict
11-20-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm surprised I was able to purchase one so late in the game! Payment sent.

11-20-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm surprised I was able to purchase one so late in the game! Payment sent.

Once people get these on and start posting about the profound difference in performance as well as the quality of the components used in the kit the rest will go quickly! As always we welcome any comparisons, datalogs or dynos vs stock or any other intake available>we are that confident!!!

Abarth Five O
11-20-2014, 01:35 PM
bigclap

Abarth Five O
11-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Received my box today. Thanks! Will post pics of parts later. A little overwhelmed by the number of hoses and connections and no directions. Will have to watch Shagghie's video carefully, but I'm sure, I as well as others, will have Qs.

moonwell
11-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Here's a few pics of the parts (awesome), as well as the intake installed.
I've been running it for a while without the washer reservoir, but will hopefully have that in as well this weekend.
http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake01.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake02.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake03.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake04.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake05.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake06.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake07.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake08.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

shagghie
11-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Received my box today. Thanks! Will post pics of parts later. A little overwhelmed by the number of hoses and connections and no directions. Will have to watch Shagghie's video carefully, but I'm sure, I as well as others, will have Qs.

It really is an easy I stall after you drop the frontbutt and stuff that thing in the cavity. The rest of the install takes care of itself pretty much.

shagghie
11-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Great pics!!! Wow!

Here's a few pics of the parts (awesome), as well as the intake installed.
I've been running it for a while without the washer reservoir, but will hopefully have that in as well this weekend.
http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake01.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake02.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake03.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake04.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake05.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake06.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake07.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/ATM-Intake08.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

Crossfirecat
11-22-2014, 12:47 AM
Received mine last night when I got home. Got up this morning to find it was raining cats and dogs. Sooo...raincoat+tools and about and hour and a half later I had everything installed. That's how bad I've been wanting this intake! I've been dreaming of this day since I first posted about finding the Apex Remote Res kits and ATM came through and then some!

Sorry, no install pics or video. as I said it was raining.
The install is pretty simple once you lay everything out. The one tip I can think of right now is to take and exacto knife to the casting flash on the remote res fill neck. This will allow the hose to seal better and prevent a possible leak. Also, either set the intake hose in warm water to make it a bit more flexible or use a little dish soap to help get the filter into the hose. It's a very tight fit. No way this is gonna come loose!

Now, for what you all want to know...Does it live up to the hype?
Yes, Oh god yes!!! Coming from the ATM HCI, I did not expect a huge difference and was very surprised just how much more responsive the car feels when you blip the throttle. Mash the throttle and it just goes! The turbo doesn't sound like it's trying to suck through s straw. It just breathes.
I do miss some of the HCI noise but now the exhaust note more pronounced as it's not being drowned out by the HCI. It's near perfect! Supersprint exhaust arrives in the next few weeks. That should "perfect" the Abarth symphony.

If I had to say anything negative about the Fenderwell intake it would be this: There was no blow pop included.
I'll post up more after spending the next week and a few hundred miles with the HCI FWI.

Thanks for making this happen guys! I can't tell you how good it felt to stand back and admire this intake after I finished the install. This is exactly what I had envisioned and more!

Abarth Five O
11-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the great pics Moonwell! The parts are excellent quality and very well made, especially the cnc precision machined intake bezel. It's a thing of beauty. Do you think it would be necessary to block of the slots in the fender well and bumper side vents like Shagghie did? I plan to put on the Outerwears cover for extra POM.

Great review Crossfirecat and thanks for the tip! Yeah, I was a little disappointed too about no lollipop, lol. Oh well, I'll get over it quickly once I install and run this baby. This CAI should work real nicely with your new SS exhaust.

shagghie
11-22-2014, 01:10 AM
I remember your first post!
ATM were pondering the idea and needed someone to push them over the fence, and I think they knocked it out of the park.

Added bonus: the GFB DV+ Still sounds like a bov with this intake. The sound comes from both under the car and if you stand out front you can hear it too. It's a nice, satisfiying sound you won't get with under-hood intakes/filters that snake around the engine bay.
You nailed the best part though. Curl toes on the skinny petal and you are moving forward instantaneously.

And for those with courage, the top of 4th is also a new experience altogether!

Received mine last night when I got home. Got up this morning to find it was raining cats and dogs. Sooo...raincoat+tools and about and hour and a half later I had everything installed. That's how bad I've been wanting this intake! I've been dreaming of this day since I first posted about finding the Apex Remote Res kits and ATM came through and then some!

Sorry, no install pics or video. as I said it was raining.
The install is pretty simple once you lay everything out. The one tip I can think of right now is to take and exacto knife to the casting flash on the remote res fill neck. This will allow the hose to seal better and prevent a possible leak. Also, either set the intake hose in warm water to make it a bit more flexible or use a little dish soap to help get the filter into the hose. It's a very tight fit. No way this is gonna come loose!

Now, for what you all want to know...Does it live up to the hype?
Yes, Oh god yes!!! Coming from the ATM HCI, I did not expect a huge difference and was very surprised just how much more responsive the car feels when you blip the throttle. Mash the throttle and it just goes! The turbo doesn't sound like it's trying to suck through s straw. It just breathes.
I do miss some of the HCI noise but now the exhaust note more pronounced as it's not being drowned out by the HCI. It's near perfect! Supersprint exhaust arrives in the next few weeks. That should "perfect" the Abarth symphony.

If I had to say anything negative about the Fenderwell intake it would be this: There was no blow pop included.
I'll post up more after spending the next week and a few hundred miles with the HCI FWI.

Thanks for making this happen guys! I can't tell you how good it felt to stand back and admire this intake after I finished the install. This is exactly what I had envisioned and more!

11-22-2014, 09:03 AM

Guys Shagghies video IS the installation FAQ/video. We are glad you guys are all starting to receive your intakes and enjoying them, sorry in a rush to get these out to all of you we forgot the blow pops BUT hopefully didn't forget any parts:clap:

***when installing the reservoir please make sure to tighten the lower reservoir cap(so it doesn't leak) BUT don't over tighten the upper cap as its not necessary and wasn't designed to be over tightened!***

11-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Great pics!!! Wow!

Yes they are incredible pics...Moonwell do you mind if we use the pics of both the Intake and FMICin our vendor posts?

shadyabarth
11-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

11-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

No we still have a few in stock ready to be shipped on Monday! If you want one follow the Payment instructions on this thread!

11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
We would like to thank everyone that has waited and now recieved this product. This was a Forum Effort from the word go. Crossfirecat found the reservoir kit and with his PUSH and communal input of others we went into the development process. We tried to encapsulate what EVERYONE wanted from ths intake:
-Performance exceeding the HCI, while utilizing the proven components of the HCI.
-Use of non heat soak materials
-locating the filter in a fender cold air location
-the use of splash shielding for the least risk for water ingestion
-the use of an outerwears filter cover to impede mist to the turbo
-the use of factory wiring and components
-the shortest-straightest intake tract with the least amount of bends to the turbo

Thanks to Shagghie and NORCAL SS for their INDEPENDANT testing, install videos and impressions that brought the final kit home to market. Also BIG THANKS to Moonwell for these awesome professional pictures of the components...

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_14.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

1-7 $409 + shipping
8-15 $389 + shipping
15+ $369 + shipping

1. SD-paid in full
2. ED-paid in full
3. ES-paid in full
4. PH-paid in full
5. SF-paid in full
6. LH/GHH-paid in full
7. NG-paid in full
8. SH-paid in full
9. Moonwell-paid in full
10. Turbocharged
11. MP-paid in full
12. MH-paid in full
13. BS-paid in full
15. s4tund8
16. RM-paid in full
18. DA-paid in full
19. DW-paid deposit
20. JS-paid in full
21. KF-paid in full

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

We loosely assemble the kit for you so please be sure to tighten everything down properly...

Forum Members impressions of the kit:

"I did not find a single fault and even trying hard to imagine one, I just can't think of one. It is the best of all worlds, and it is about time we get zero-compromise intake for our tuned applications.
Final Score 10/10"
-Shagghie

"Now, for what you all want to know...Does it live up to the hype?
Yes, Oh god yes!!! Coming from the ATM HCI, I did not expect a huge difference and was very surprised just how much more responsive the car feels when you blip the throttle. Mash the throttle and it just goes! The turbo doesn't sound like it's trying to suck through a straw. It just breathes."
-Crossfirecat

moonwell
11-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes they are incredible pics...Moonwell do you mind if we use the pics of both the Intake and FMICin our vendor posts?
Sure thing. You may use the IC pics I posted in the other thread as well. Thanks

ophidia31
11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Well Im sold. Did a reset and adjusted the wastegate back down to .5mm over what it was stock then drove it normal until I can do my test today. In a section I like to test out some speed is an exit through a rock cut thats labled at, lets just say, lower than 50mph but everyone does that through there. It then turns into a highway section. I then take off once it straightens out and let off before I got the first bridge connection because its kind of an upward jolt and if you stay in it, you can lose control as youd lose that friction on the drive wheels. Seeing what speeds I can get out of it, I usually only get to about mid 90's. Well this time is the first time ever I saw triple digits when I looked down before I started to brake to slow down. Granted, it was just barely triple digits, but still. Thats a good 5mph increase over any speed I ever saw before. Intakes Ive had experience with are stock (of course), the RRM and also the ATM HCI and this performance leaps and bounds over them. And before someone says something, this is always at night on my way home from my friends house. There is no traffic and its just me when I do this.

Abarth Five O
11-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Want to make sure I have all the parts in the kit and not missing anything before I start the install. :dunno:

11-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Want to make sure I have all the parts in the kit and not missing anything before I start the install. :dunno:
Its all there install away!

bomba
11-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Hi,

I didn't get a shipping confirmation email? Do you know if mine shipped?

-MP

11-24-2014, 05:19 AM
Hi,

I didn't get a shipping confirmation email? Do you know if mine shipped?

-MP

It's scheduled for delivery today...

http://wwwapps.ups.com/ietracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=1Z069X330353671600

boostaddict
11-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Anymore reviews? Mine will be arriving today, can't wait to install it!

11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Anymore reviews? Mine will be arriving today, can't wait to install it!

Yea C'mon guys with the reviews and comparisons...

bootychickens
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
is it supposed to be compressed a bit / rubbing on the headlight? Seems like as the engine rocks back and forth that would ware out pretty quick. Am I doing it wrong?

11-25-2014, 03:11 PM
is it supposed to be compressed a bit / rubbing on the headlight? Seems like as the engine rocks back and forth that would ware out pretty quick. Am I doing it wrong?

It should not rub, 2 things in play here:

-you can either notch out the silicone where the little stem sticks up on the turbo compressor inlet OR remove the stem so the silicone can fully slide onto the housing. Doing either will start the bend down into the fender area earlier.
AND/OR
-loosen the headlight bolt and adjust the headlight

Thanks for pointing this out:encouragement:

shagghie
11-25-2014, 03:20 PM
I prefer to pull out the pin on the turbo inlet. Grab a needle nose, grab onto it, and just pull straight up and it will come out. Makes for a cleaner looking install.

I dunno if this could be possible too, but perhaps the silicone is reversed? meaning the filter is attached to the part that should go to the inlet and vice versa??

Ryephile
11-25-2014, 04:49 PM
I received my Fenderwell intake on Friday. Looks great. Love the billet trumpet. I calculated the filter area and it's more than enough for this turbo; it won't have any notable restriction until the upper 200's HP. The silicone lay-up looks quality. I'm not sure when I'll have time to install it but for sure I'll do some before/after datalogging.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7525/15226471273_7f75ae581d_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pcvDqM)ATM "cheek" mounted intake (https://flic.kr/p/pcvDqM) by Ryephile (https://www.flickr.com/people/38053180@N03/), on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7511/15820291696_f62869f7d2_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/q6Z8xW)ATM "cheek" mounted intake (https://flic.kr/p/q6Z8xW) by Ryephile (https://www.flickr.com/people/38053180@N03/), on Flickr

-->Not pictured is the very cool new windshield washer reservoir, mounting bracket, remote filler, and the rest of the install bits. It's a very complete kit.

Cheers,
Ryan

shagghie
11-25-2014, 05:30 PM
pure sex! ^^

bootychickens
11-26-2014, 01:25 AM
It should not rub, 2 things in play here:

-you can either notch out the silicone where the little stem sticks up on the turbo compressor inlet OR remove the stem so the silicone can fully slide onto the housing. Doing either will start the bend down into the fender area earlier.
AND/OR
-loosen the headlight bolt and adjust the headlight

Thanks for pointing this out:encouragement:

I took the stem out a few intakes ago. The top ac line was to high and needed to be unclipped and bent down. I looked at the other pictures and mine was much higher than the line in those pics. I personally would have preferred the intake come with a bracket that held the air cleaner exactly where it is supposed to be verses having it hang down there however I have some ideas and will probably make my own bracket. I would have also preferred the reservoir tube inlet be on the other side so that the bottom of the air cleaner doesn't make contact with part of the hose. I tried 20 different ways to run that hose and it makes (very light) contact no matter what I do. Its SUPER minor but just a tick from perfection so I will keep messing with it. I am going to watch as others post pictures to see if there is some sort of way to run that line that I didn't' think of but as it is I think making a bracket will solve both of my super minor issues. Overall I am very impressed with it.

Since people are asking for pics here are a few pics of my junk that you can see the new air cleaner in.

This is one of the ways I tried to run the hose down. This isn't the final route I chose.. Will get a pic of that next time I mess with it.

Hide and go seek intake.

Abarth Five O
11-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Very clean nice install along with your other mods. Your engine bay looks great! Will be installing mine this weekend.

11-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Good catch on the AC lines, properly installed there should be no contact. You will be better off zip tieing the filler hose vs bracketing the intake at the filter end if you are concerned with them contacting each other, you can also twist the intake at the compressor to move the filter forward or backward.

I took the stem out a few intakes ago. The top ac line was to high and needed to be unclipped and bent down. I looked at the other pictures and mine was much higher than the line in those pics. I personally would have preferred the intake come with a bracket that held the air cleaner exactly where it is supposed to be verses having it hang down there however I have some ideas and will probably make my own bracket. I would have also preferred the reservoir tube inlet be on the other side so that the bottom of the air cleaner doesn't make contact with part of the hose. I tried 20 different ways to run that hose and it makes (very light) contact no matter what I do. Its SUPER minor but just a tick from perfection so I will keep messing with it. I am going to watch as others post pictures to see if there is some sort of way to run that line that I didn't' think of but as it is I think making a bracket will solve both of my super minor issues. Overall I am very impressed with it.

Since people are asking for pics here are a few pics of my junk that you can see the new air cleaner in.

This is one of the ways I tried to run the hose down. This isn't the final route I chose.. Will get a pic of that next time I mess with it.

Hide and go seek intake.

bootychickens
11-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Good catch on the AC lines, properly installed there should be no contact. You will be better off zip tieing the filler hose vs bracketing the intake at the filter end if you are concerned with them contacting each other, you can also twist the intake at the compressor to move the filter forward or backward.

I played with that but then the vacuum lines sprouts coming out of the air cleaner tube were making contact with the air bag sensor when I got it where I had the most space. Same spot that my holy cowl rubbed so I avoided that. I have it positioned where I am pretty sure its perfect but I am hoping others post lots of pics so i can compare. Don't want to seem like I don't like its fit. It fits way better than the V4 everything thinks is so great.

Abarth Five O
11-28-2014, 02:36 AM
Finished installing mine on this Thanksgiving Day. I took my sweet ole time with the install on a very relaxing day, often referring to Shagghie's install video (thanks Shagghie your video was very helpful!), making sure everything fit just right before buttoning things up, and taking a few brewski breaks in between so the install took me about 5 hours from start to finish, lol. The quality and fitment of the cnc aluminum velocity stack in the K&N air filter is amazing. Except the HCI, no other CAI has this feature, IIRC. This stack really works when paired with this right size K&N filter as it sucks in more air at greater velocity and higher air pressure. Took my car for a quick spin and all I can say is "Holy SH#%!!!" this CAI makes the engine breath a lot better and the turbo spools up a lot faster. My GFB DV+ has a greater whoosh sound (sweet!) and I could feel greater boost, especially at the higher rpms. Coming off of the RRM CAI, this ATM Short Ram CAI takes performance to another level. Furthermore, my new APEX windshield washer did not miss a beat. Another great product from ATM which is well thought out and designed. Can't wait to take it out again for more spins during this nice long weekend. Will provide more feedback later. Thanks ATM! :clap:

Abarth Five O
11-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Shagghie, did you change oil yet with this set up? After removing a few tie wraps, hoses, and Murray clamp at turbo inlet, is there enough room to push silicone hose to the side to access/remove the oil filter cover or do we have to take off bumper off?

11-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Really happy you are enjoying the kit, you are correct that the integration of velocity stack and filter play an integral part in why our intakes work so well. We designed the velocity stack to be a negative of the air directing cone inside the filters this gives the incoming air a direction to follow.

Looking forward to more feedback from you and others that have recently recieved their kits.

Finished installing mine on this Thanksgiving Day. I took my sweet ole time with the install on a very relaxing day, often referring to Shagghie's install video (thanks Shagghie your video was very helpful!), making sure everything fit just right before buttoning things up, and taking a few brewski breaks in between so the install took me about 5 hours from start to finish, lol. The quality and fitment of the cnc aluminum velocity stack in the K&N air filter is amazing. Except the HCI, no other CAI has this feature, IIRC. This stack really works when paired with this right size K&N filter as it sucks in more air at greater velocity and higher air pressure. Took my car for a quick spin and all I can say is "Holy SH#%!!!" this CAI makes the engine breath a lot better and the turbo spools up a lot faster. My GFB DV+ has a greater whoosh sound (sweet!) and I could feel greater boost, especially at the higher rpms. Coming off of the RRM CAI, this ATM Short Ram CAI takes performance to another level. Furthermore, my new APEX windshield washer did not miss a beat. Another great product from ATM which is well thought out and designed. Can't wait to take it out again for more spins during this nice long weekend. Will provide more feedback later. Thanks ATM! :clap:

11-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Guys we have several of these kits in stock ready to go simply follow the order instructions on the 1st page of the thread and we will get them out to you!

Abarth Five O
11-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Really happy you are enjoying the kit, you are correct that the integration of velocity stack and filter play an integral part in why our intakes work so well. We designed the velocity stack to be a negative of the air directing cone inside the filters this gives the incoming air a direction to follow.

Looking forward to more feedback from you and others that have recently recieved their kits.

Sorry to see you guys sell your Abarth 500 project car as I was hoping for development of more awesome products for our platform from ATM. However, I know you guys will be around to continue to support and service your existing products. In any event, best of luck with your new project car! Will provide more feedback after I put my new ATM SR CAI through a few more paces.

11-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Sorry to see you guys sell your Abarth 500 project car as I was hoping for development of more awesome products for our platform from ATM. However, I know you guys will be around to continue to support and service your existing products. In any event, best of luck with your new project car! Will provide more feedback after I put my new ATM SR CAI through a few more paces.

One of my best friends is buying the car so we can still develop new parts just let us know what you guys are looking for. Looking forward to your review:cool

moonwell
11-28-2014, 02:50 PM
A few more pics with the washer reservoir in place.

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_09.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_10.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_11.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_12.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_13.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/atm-intake-20141122_14.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/intake-it-to-the-extreme/)

Abarth Five O
11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
One of my best friends is buying the car so we can still develop new parts just let us know what you guys are looking for. Looking forward to your review:cool

Yay!! :Blue:

Cargo
11-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Does anyone have a nice clean pic of how the 3 hoses are run using the suplied hoses?

ophidia31
11-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Does anyone have a nice clean pic of how the 3 hoses are run using the suplied hoses?

Granted I also have the boost leak bypass. So heres one showing with that done.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7578/15899242161_05fa5292a0_z.jpg

moonwell
11-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Ignore the dirty engine bay... Click for high-res. Be sure to re-use the PCV hose from your stock airbox for connection to the supplied 5/8" hose

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/5D3_108696-1024x660.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/5D3_108696.jpg)

Abarth Five O
11-28-2014, 09:28 PM
My engine bay looks a lot cleaner and the front end probably lost a few pounds which is added benefit for this front heavy machine. Took it for a few more spins which reaffirms my original experience. This CAI is freakin awesome! Imo, this is the best CAI presently on the market for those with FMICs.

shagghie
11-29-2014, 12:17 AM
You guys want 10% off these use discount code "SHAGGHIE" at vanhook.me!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/ATM%20FMIC/FA0B7C92-E993-4DF6-B82C-E5C55E7853C9.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/ATM%20FMIC/FA0B7C92-E993-4DF6-B82C-E5C55E7853C9.png.html)

boostaddict
11-29-2014, 06:16 AM
I LOVE this ATM CAI! The increase in performance was noticeable right away, I was not expecting to see this much of a difference! Wow! Turbo lag is gone and throttle response has improved! :ak47::burnout:

Install was easy I had no issues and it cleans the engine bay up a bit! 10/10

boostaddict
12-03-2014, 07:06 AM

My atm cai SUCKS COLD AIR ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!!! :rockon:

mudking
12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Ignore the dirty engine bay... Click for high-res. Be sure to re-use the PCV hose from your stock airbox for connection to the supplied 5/8" hose

http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/5D3_108696-1024x660.jpg (http://www.4barth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/5D3_108696.jpg)
I actually didn't reuse the hose, any technical reason as why to keep it there?
I was able to get ATM's supplied hose half on and zip tied it for the meantime.

My mini review... 1st gear takes me to cloudcoockoo land! Rest of the gears there after are just as spirited.
So much air!So quick!Sooooooo nice........IMO best performance cold air intake available.

It did quiet down a bit going from my old Injen setup to this, but I can now clearly hear the Exhaust note better as their is a lot less intake noise in the cabin, granted their was not a huge amount before but there is a noticeable difference.
Me being a bit paranoid will not drive here in S Fla while it rains or if there is residual water still on the road, but that's just me being ultra paranoid, and lucky enough to have a second vehicle to defer too.

shadyabarth
12-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Granted I also have the boost leak bypass. So heres one showing with that done.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7578/15899242161_05fa5292a0_z.jpg

Which boost leak bypass system are you running?

12-03-2014, 11:05 AM

My mini review... 1st gear takes me to cloudcoockoo land! Rest of the gears there after are just as spirited.
So much air!So quick!Sooooooo nice........IMO best performance cold air intake available.

It did quiet down a bit going from my old Injen setup to this, but I can now clearly hear the Exhaust note better as their is a lot less intake noise in the cabin, granted their was not a huge amount before but there is a noticeable difference.
Me being a bit paranoid will not drive here in S Fla while it rains or if there is residual water still on the road, but that's just me being ultra paranoid, and lucky enough to have a second vehicle to defer too.

Don't worry about the rain it's been tested in every type of weather condition. Just don't accelerate into a lake!

Abarth Five O
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
After logging more miles with the new ATM SR CAI (and coming off of the R/R CAI) noticed slight turbo lag gone, better throttle response/pull in all gears, sucking in more (cooler) air quicker to turbo (the super short distance of the quality silicone hose with only a slight bend and the ATM velocity stack really working together nicely), a little quieter under hood, and the "pshhhh" sound from my GFB DV+ is a lot snappier and more distinct. This CAI is the BOMB. Plus you retain your windshield wiper washer function with the well thought out and engineered ATM replacement system, including the quality Apex washer reservoir, filler cap and tube, and custom ATM mounting bracket. If you want to take your NA Abarth to the next level of high performance, the ATM FMIC/SR CAI is the ultimate combo, imho. It was worth the long wait. Thanks to ATM for carefully and thoughtfully coming out with another great product! bigclap

shagghie
12-03-2014, 03:46 PM
After logging more miles with the new ATM SR CAI (and coming off of the R/R CAI) noticed slight turbo lag gone, better throttle response/pull in all gears, sucking in more (cooler) air quicker to turbo (the super short distance of the quality silicone hose with only a slight bend and the ATM velocity stack really working together nicely), a little quieter under hood, and the "pshhhh" sound from my GFB DV+ is a lot snappier and more distinct. This CAI is the BOMB. Plus you retain your windshield wiper washer function with the well thought out and engineered ATM replacement system, including the quality Apex washer reservoir, filler cap and tube, and custom ATM mounting bracket. If you want to take your NA Abarth to the next level of high performance, the ATM FMIC/SR CAI is the ultimate combo, imho. It was worth the long wait. Thanks to ATM for carefully and thoughtfully coming out with another great product! bigclap

what he said.... can't get any better, at any level!

BTW, my dad is trading in his Abarth for a 4C on Saturday so we did not end up installing his, and I have one brand new in the box from ATM if anyone wants one!

Abarth Five O
12-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Cool, your Dad will be a happy man w/ his new 4C! I think Guiseppe is getting one too. In any event, someone buy Shagghie's ATM SR CAI, you won't regret it.

ophidia31
12-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Which boost leak bypass system are you running?

ryphile/musicsurf mix. No matter what anyone says, the tork and this version are the same minus the difference between the T fitting tork uses vs the Y fitting the ryphile/musicsurf way uses.

ophidia31
12-03-2014, 07:09 PM

The stock hose is a little more pliable to fit on the pcv setup and also molded to bend around to the back vs trying to get the harder rubber fuel line on there. There is no pressure in that hose so If you got the line ATM gave us on the pcv box thing and got rid of the stock rubber line, then thats fine. As long as the pcv goes into the intake and you dont have oil getting all over your engine bay. Still waiting on the second batch of AAD catch cans.

12-04-2014, 03:52 PM
It's great to hear everyone is enjoying their intakesdancingsmilies

Let us know if there is anything else you would like to see made for this platform.

Sales@roadrace
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Turbo Manifold?

:)

bootychickens
12-04-2014, 05:01 PM
whopps. didn't realize i was supposed to keep my big mouth shut. post deleted.

ophidia31
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
A way to squeeze a twinscroll in there. After reading up on turbos lately, (always had superchargers/blowers) Im kind of sad with what we have. lol

Abarth Five O
12-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Turbo upgrade

12-04-2014, 07:10 PM
A way to squeeze a twinscroll in there. After reading up on turbos lately, (always had superchargers/blowers) Im kind of sad with what we have. lol

A twin scroll would work but needs a dedicated exhaust manifold, the turbo we have currently for sale will make crazy power all the way to redline, couple that to a tune with wide open throttle shifting and its win win!

shagghie
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM
what he said.... can't get any better, at any level!

BTW, my dad is trading in his Abarth for a 4C on Saturday so we did not end up installing his, and I have one brand new in the box from ATM if anyone wants one!

BTW ^^^ My dad's intake is now SOLD and went to a good home! Now... we are going to go that 4C this Saturday!!!

12-08-2014, 12:01 PM
We have several of these kits in stock ready for immediate shipment!

Abarth Five O
12-08-2014, 01:25 PM
My car is running so much better with this CAI. It breathes much more efficiently with the short ram, minimal bend, large K&N filter w/ precision cnc machined velocity stack. Sucking in cool air all the time. If you guys have a FMIC, this is by far the best CAI on the market to go with it, imho! If you're looking to upgrade your CAI, you should buy one now since a few are still available. We early adopters had to wait a loooong time for this killer CAI to arrive, but it was well worth the wait. :encouragement:

mike164s
12-15-2014, 12:30 PM
We have several of these kits in stock ready for immediate shipment!

sent you guys a PM

12-15-2014, 02:05 PM
sent you guys a PM

You have a PM back

shadyabarth
01-14-2015, 11:52 AM
How are these intakes performing so far?

shagghie
01-14-2015, 12:49 PM
How are these intakes performing so far?

ballout

Abarth Five O
01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
:rockon:

Abarth Five O
01-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Any one with this CAI changed their oil yet?

boostaddict
01-21-2015, 05:50 AM
What's the part # for the outerwear? I need one

boostaddict
01-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Anyone help a brother out? Thnks!

01-22-2015, 08:58 AM

I'll post a part # in a few hours when I get home!

01-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Here's a link to the proper part...

http://www.amazon.com/Outerwears-Pre-Filter-20-1284-01/dp/B000UKAVZO

S2500T
01-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Are these still for sale, ready to ship, etc.?

01-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Are these still for sale, ready to ship, etc.?

We have one kit available in stock that can ship in a few days, we are waiting on the push lock connector fittings to get machined. If you want the kit simply PayPal us $369+ the appropriate shipping to your location.

Eastern USA- $27

Eastern Canada-$34
Mid Canada-$37
Western Canada-$41

And pay this email:
Ambientthermalmanagement@yahoo.com

S2500T
01-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys.

Fasthound
01-31-2015, 01:35 PM
If S2500T doesn't take it, I will. Let me know.

Fasthound
02-05-2015, 12:13 PM
So, did S2500T take the last one? If not, please let me know so I can send the deposit.

02-05-2015, 09:24 PM
So, did S2500T take the last one? If not, please let me know so I can send the deposit.

There is 1 still available, PayPal $100 deposit to

We are just waiting on 1 connector we are having machined and then it would ship right out!

Fasthound
02-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks. Deposit sent!

Fasthound
02-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Haven't heard anything from you guys....how's the connector coming along?

02-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Haven't heard anything from you guys....how's the connector coming along?

The connectors are getting machined along with the gauge bezels, the machinist is currently working on everything and we will ship as soon as we receive them!

Fasthound
02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks!

DrunknMunky
02-17-2015, 12:16 AM
A little late to the game, how is availability?

02-17-2015, 03:41 PM
A little late to the game, how is availability?

Currently sold BUT we should have more in stock at the end of the month!

Fasthound
03-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Any update on shipping date? Seems to be taking.....well, let's just say say spring is coming and a mans fancy turns to cars on a road not covered by this ugly white crap known as snow. Getting anxious for this AND my FMIC! An update on both would be appreciated. Happy to send rest of payment for both as soon as products are ready to ship.

THANKS!

03-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Any update on shipping date? Seems to be taking.....well, let's just say say spring is coming and a mans fancy turns to cars on a road not covered by this ugly white crap known as snow. Getting anxious for this AND my FMIC! An update on both would be appreciated. Happy to send rest of payment for both as soon as products are ready to ship.

THANKS!

We will start shipping the ram air kits next week to those that have paid deposits/paid in full. Beyond that we will have only 4 unsold kits in stock to ship... After those 4 we will have to start a new GB to manufacture another round SO if anyone wants one of these in the near future they should follow the instructions on the 1st post of this thread and send in a deposit!

Fasthound
03-05-2015, 04:35 PM
OK, so I've previously sent in a $100 deposit for the RAM kit AND a $100 deposit for the FMIC. Should I go ahead and pay in full for both now or wait until they are ready to ship? What is your standard procedure for this? And would you like a single payment for the remainder or two separate payments, one each for the RAM and the FMIC? Not trying to complicate things, just want to get it right so there are no delays in getting both kits. Also, is the free Outerwearz water/mist filter cover still part of the deal since I'm buying both the FMIC and the RAM kit? Anyway, let me know your preference here. I've also sent you a PM. Just to verify, the RAM kit is $369 + $27 shipping - $100 deposit and the FMIC is $749 + $45 shipping - $100 deposit (east coast address). Is that correct? Thanks! Look forward to getting these kits soon....the snows gotta melt SOMETIME soon, RIGHT??????

03-06-2015, 01:52 PM
OK, so I've previously sent in a $100 deposit for the RAM kit AND a $100 deposit for the FMIC. Should I go ahead and pay in full for both now or wait until they are ready to ship? What is your standard procedure for this? And would you like a single payment for the remainder or two separate payments, one each for the RAM and the FMIC? Not trying to complicate things, just want to get it right so there are no delays in getting both kits. Also, is the free Outerwearz water/mist filter cover still part of the deal since I'm buying both the FMIC and the RAM kit? Anyway, let me know your preference here. I've also sent you a PM. Just to verify, the RAM kit is $369 + $27 shipping - $100 deposit and the FMIC is $749 + $45 shipping - $100 deposit (east coast address). Is that correct? Thanks! Look forward to getting these kits soon....the snows gotta melt SOMETIME soon, RIGHT??????

The prices quoted above are correct, we are still at least 4 weeks out on the intercoolers, and we will have the intake here for you ready to go either now or when we ship the FMIC. You can pay in full now for both items(we can ship intake now or with FMIC)or wait until we are ready to ship both items(as you need the FMIC to install the intake)...

Fasthound
03-06-2015, 03:52 PM
OK, thanks. Will pay in full via Paypal now. Please hold the RAM intake and ship it with the FMIC...no sense having it sit on a shelf in my garage while I pine away for the FMIC.

Thanks for the update.

Kevin

AbeFroman
03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Deposit sent.

DrunknMunky
03-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Are these back in stock?

R20skixs
03-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Can I still get in on the action to buy a FMIC?

R20skixs
03-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Deposit of $350 sent for intercooler needing one of these now. Is there still one left for me to snatch up?

03-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Deposit of $350 sent for intercooler needing one of these now. Is there still one left for me to snatch up?

We have 3 left unspoken for, if you want one please send a $100 deposit to

We will ship at the same time as the intercooler...

R20skixs
03-26-2015, 11:31 AM
We have 3 left unspoken for, if you want one please send a $100 deposit to

We will ship at the same time as the intercooler...

Deposit sent for Intake $300. I also want the water/mist cover. Also curious since intake and intercooler are being shipped together is there an additional discount in shipping for combining shipping instead of separating shipments?

Fasthound
04-13-2015, 10:52 AM
To ATM - I've decided to go with a different intake, so I'd like to cancel my intake purchase. Could you please refund my full intake payment to my PAYPAL account.

I do still want the FMIC....just hoping that it will ship sometime soon?

Thanks,
Kevin

Fasthound
04-16-2015, 12:22 PM
ATM - Thanks for the prompt refund. Very much appreciated. Can't wait untill the FMIC arrives....thinking about starting the removals before it even gets here.

Antoans4
05-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Whats atm web page

Tweak
05-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Whats atm web page

Welcome to the forum.

There is no webpage. They state they would rather utilize the forums and save costs of webpage design and hosting which they can pass on the to buyer. (Something along these lines anyway, don't recall the EXACT phrasing)

Antoans4
05-16-2015, 10:00 AM
How can i find their product line

Tweak
05-16-2015, 07:55 PM
How can i find their product line

Generally they make there product announcements here on the forum. Here in there section are group buys which lists a different item in each. You might shoot them an email or call for the fastest results otherwise. It is an unusual way to go about things to some but it benefits the buyer in pricing and they have a lot of happy customers due to the quality and R&D they put into the products.

You can read a lot on here about their front mount intercooler, intakes (both cowl and fender well) and their boost gauge with machined bezel.

Antoans4
05-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Thank u

Tweak
05-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Thank u

You're welcome, hope you find the parts you're after!

Antoans4
05-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Can this be used with stock intercooler

krayzielilsmoki
05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Can this be used with stock intercooler

Unfortunately no. This will be installed in the location of the stock intercooler, so a front mount intercooler is required for this.

Bender Unit
06-03-2015, 02:57 PM
Question for current ATM fenderwell intake owners:

Do you have to remove the front bumper for oil change?
Since the intake is completely block the access to the oil filter.

Thanks in advance

Abarth Five O
06-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Question for current ATM fenderwell intake owners:

Do you have to remove the front bumper for oil change?
Since the intake is completely block the access to the oil filter.

Thanks in advance

No, pulled silicone hose to side and clamped it to keep it out of the way while changing oil filter.