PDA

View Full Version : 500L Battery problems.

Onthego
08-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I need to leave my 500L Easy unused for 2 - 4 weeks periodically and always come back to a dead battery. Can a smart charger be installed on a Fiat 500L? What kind? Are they expensive? Will Fiat install if car has persistent problems this way? I have been in to Service 4 times in less than a year with my new vehicle for this problem.

ThingsAbove
08-01-2014, 07:36 PM
You may want to install a battery cut off

Jester49
08-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I need to leave my 500L Easy unused for 2 - 4 weeks periodically and always come back to a dead battery. Can a smart charger be installed on a Fiat 500L? What kind? Are they expensive? Will Fiat install if car has persistent problems this way? I have been in to Service 4 times in less than a year with my new vehicle for this problem.

Did the service dept. check the battery current draw and battery condition ? Even when the car is off, multiple sensors and ECU are drawing current.
My neighbors leave their Honda unused for two weeks and the battery will be dead. Now he has a trickle charger plugged into timer in the garage.

Take a look at this video....
http://youtu.be/B__DqK90IIc?list=FLseTnZgUL1TX8wZTs-8cc9g

Rivmage
08-05-2014, 12:34 PM
You could also just disconnect the battery...you'll be resetting clocks and radio stations upon your return.

Scott