PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding...

aevansgatech
07-31-2014, 03:25 PM
I've got roughly $150 to throw at a minor mod.. Here's the short list of what I'm considering. Anything performance related is above this week's budget, but I'd also like to put something visual (at least noticeable) in there. What do you think?

Turbo blanket: I like the idea of the turbo blanket and it will add some nice visual black over the heat shield

Neu-F short shift adapter: Not sure I trust any 'adaptor' and I don't consider it a necessity for me. I like the shifting as it is but have never driven one with the short shifter.

Rear 10mm spacers: This would allow me to put my 5mm spacers on the front and widen the rear stance with the 10mm spacers. My long-term plan is Bilstein coilovers, eibach springs, and Norcal bumpstops, so is it a waste to do the spacers now? Or would the BC/EB/SS setup be even further enhanced with the spacers eventually?

Front upper brace: Mostly visual but damn does it look good!

CPR front (lower) brace: Definitely on the list and I LOVE my CPR rear torsion bar, but the front brace isn't something noticeable from the outside.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thank you

shadowshaggy
07-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Get the lower brace bar while it's $80 shipped! That's $50 towards next weeks budget ;)

Rossonero404
07-31-2014, 03:58 PM
This was on my mind recently as well, i went with the turbo blanket, FYI it doesn't install over the the stock heat shield, you are supposed to remove it so the blanket is in direct contact with the turbo.

Purgatory
07-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Put it into your suspension for now, good pay back, even if you don't "see" it easily.

mkdragn
07-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Good choices! You probably know this but just in case you dont! The turbo blanket comes in a few colors. Honestly what I would do is either get the turbo blanket or just add those funds and save up for those coilovers :)

Gundy
08-02-2014, 08:24 AM
On the bling front I just ordered a red billet oil filler cap.
Gotta be good for 2-3 HP.
:pimp:

On a more serious note, the blanket is a nice addition.

aevansgatech
08-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I decided to put the money into an aluminum race jack. After using ryephile's for the rear bar upgrade, I realized I shouldn't have cheaped out on the wal-mart 3 ton jack. not to mention that one didn't have a low enough profile.

Gundy
08-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I decided to put the money into an aluminum race jack. After using ryephile's for the rear bar upgrade, I realized I shouldn't have cheaped out on the wal-mart 3 ton jack. not to mention that one didn't have a low enough profile.

You can't go wrong buying tools.
Good move!

Purgatory
08-02-2014, 11:00 PM
On the bling front I just ordered a red billet oil filler cap.
Gotta be good for 2-3 HP.
:pimp:

On a more serious note, the blanket is a nice addition.

I took you literally, my friend. Where did you find a red oil cap? Would love one to keep with my mostly red engine compartment. I pm'd you earlier about something, don't know if you saw it.