PDA

View Full Version : Question for 500madness

Fiat_Dale
07-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Am considering purchasing the Performance Exhaust (Single Exit Dual Tip) for a new manual 2014 500c POP.

I appreciate the You Tube video of the sound - and have compared it to the videos of some competitor products. Your product seems quality built at a reasonable price - with a good sound.

Here is the question. This will be a daily driver - one that the wife and kid uses too. is it possible to run a comparison video of a 500 (not Abarth) stock muffler compared to the same engine configured with this product? The reason this would be helpful is I am somewhat hesitant getting something that is markedly louder than stock, and it is difficult to understand the comparison without a "before/after" video.

Is that possible? I would hope it may be helpful to others too ...

Thanks!

Dale

braveplayer3160
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Am considering purchasing the Performance Exhaust (Single Exit Dual Tip) for a new manual 2014 500c POP.

I appreciate the You Tube video of the sound - and have compared it to the videos of some competitor products. Your product seems quality built at a reasonable price - with a good sound.

Here is the question. This will be a daily driver - one that the wife and kid uses too. is it possible to run a comparison video of a 500 (not Abarth) stock muffler compared to the same engine configured with this product? The reason this would be helpful is I am somewhat hesitant getting something that is markedly louder than stock, and it is difficult to understand the comparison without a "before/after" video.

Is that possible? I would hope it may be helpful to others too ...

Thanks!

Dale

Dale,

Thanks for the question. I assume you are referring too the MADNESS exhaust for the FIAT Pop, Lounge and Sport. Correct?

Your request is do-able, but I do not know what time frame it could/would be completed. I feel a far better alternative is to perhaps talk on the phone and address your concerns and possible talk of cars you've owned in the past which would give us a better understanding of what level of sound is acceptable too you.

What I can tell you is the exhaust does not make the car overtly loud and raspy like some exhaust do. Rather, it is something that gives a sporty note while keeping drone and rasp to acceptable levels. Basically it is loud enough so you can hear it but not loud enough that you cant have a conversation in your car or listen to music at a reasonable level when you're driving. In any event I still welcome a phone call from you so that we may get you sorted and answer any remaining questions you may have. When you call ask for Alan. Thanks again.

Fiat_Dale
07-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks Alan. Yes that's the one.

I plan to drive "fun" - with the top down and the engine revved, and I simply want to be able to hear the engine.

I do live in a neighborhood and commute early so didn't want to be "that guy" pulling out of the driveway.

I will likely place the order on your site in two weeks - but if I think of any questions will give you a call.

Appreciate the quick response.

WillFiat
08-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I had the 500 Madness axle back muffler installed on my 2012 Sport last year and I have been very pleased with it. My concerns about the sound level were very similar to yours and this unit gave me just the kind of moderate increase in the exhaust note I was looking for. It is a refined sound that I can enjoy hearing but it is not loud enough to annoy the neighbors.

Tweak
08-01-2014, 10:26 PM
I had the 500 Madness axle back muffler installed on my 2012 Sport last year and I have been very pleased with it. My concerns about the sound level were very similar to yours and this unit gave me just the kind of moderate increase in the exhaust note I was looking for. It is a refined sound that I can enjoy hearing but it is not loud enough to annoy the neighbors.

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like it isn't loud enough. :D