PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Turbo Noob Needs Help

nickpratt2010
07-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Hey all, Thanks for looking at this thread. So I have had my Fiat for about 3 months. Well I've been on 500madness and saw what they have. I'm really wanting to get:

Ported throttle body
Lightweight pulley
Turbo Actuator
Blow Off Plate
Marcelli ECM and his Go Pedal
Injen Intake
All the above from 500madness and
RRM catted Downpipe from RRM

If I buy all this at once, is their anything I should do prior?

Tweak
07-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Rob a bank?

Seriously just wanted to welcome you to the forum. With so much out there I'm guessing you'll get some answers and also you'll get suggestions of what to buy and to avoid so I'll not say anything more at this time.

Long_John
07-29-2014, 06:09 AM
Research, Compare, Purchase.
Don't buy that ecm. They suck for 500 Turbo's. The Unichip "should" be coming out soon.
Shop around for the best prices.

Rob a bank?

Seriously just wanted to welcome you to the forum. With so much out there I'm guessing you'll get some answers and also you'll get suggestions of what to buy and to avoid so I'll not say anything more at this time.

trevc
07-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Yep, do some more research and comparisons first. Eurocompulsion, HPSI, Modern Performance, Neu-F, Road Race Motorsports all offer great products and great customer service.
The Unichip tune for the T is due out any day now from Eurocompulsion/HPSI. If it's anything like their tune for the Abarth it will be top-notch.

opiateESP
07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Don't get a box for the T. Get a tune :D

Kurumi
07-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Hey all, Thanks for looking at this thread. So I have had my Fiat for about 3 months. Well I've been on 500madness and saw what they have. I'm really wanting to get:

Ported throttle body
Lightweight pulley
Turbo Actuator
Blow Off Plate
Injen Intake

Like others have stated, it's best to shop around to see what works for you. Be sure to check the classifieds as well for some parts that are second hand *wink* *wink* (I might have something for sale soon /shameless plug). They work just as well and can end up saving you money for more mods.

I will say that I had the Magnetti Marelli ECM and Power Pedal combo for a about a year. It was a noticable performance gain over stock but I would seriously hold off until the UniChip comes out for a 500T tune. If that isn't your cup of tea, you can try the other options as well.

MADNESSJoseph
07-29-2014, 01:59 PM
It also helps out if you can find someone with a beast of a 500T that can help you out... I'm sure that person is out there someplace gr_grin

nickpratt2010
08-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm in the army and just re enlisted so that's where the money is coming from. I don't get the money till November/Decemberish so I can wait that long for the unichip. If not I will go box. So I've looked at the sites you posted and I've liked a lot of the items for my car. But I'm torn. They all seem to be the same pretty much. Any help?

NOTHINGCUTEABOUTMYCAR
08-14-2014, 03:11 AM
It also helps out if you can find someone with a beast of a 500T that can help you out... I'm sure that person is out there someplace gr_grin

That car is sexy, Joseph!

NOTHINGCUTEABOUTMYCAR
08-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm in the army and just re enlisted so that's where the money is coming from. I don't get the money till November/Decemberish so I can wait that long for the unichip. If not I will go box. So I've looked at the sites you posted and I've liked a lot of the items for my car. But I'm torn. They all seem to be the same pretty much. Any help?

I can tell you first hand I've had EXCEPTIONAL customer service from MADNESSJOSEPH and the entire MADNESS autoworks staff. I went to them because they are all about customer satisfaction and building relationships.

cy-clone33
08-14-2014, 09:40 AM
TORK tune for the 500T $500, use the $300 plus you save on another mod, I autoX and have competed my 500T against ABARTHS with the various piggy backs and have been competitive against them all

abarth661
08-15-2014, 09:35 PM

Ported throttle body
Lightweight pulley
Turbo Actuator
Blow Off Plate
Injen Intake

my abarth is all done up by RRM im running RRM catless dp, RRM ultimate ECM, RRm intake, downpipe jacket, turbo blanket, and rear trorsion bar. I have to say i truly love my car now sooooooo much more fun now. im running a 6 inch resonator to quiet it down some but it is a serious head turner and it has the balls to go fast. lol and i love that i spit ffire now.

for youre build i would recommend doing the intake first. not that you will get a huge gain off of it but you get the pshhhh sound. that alone is worth the money. also when you get on it got you get this whistle that only come out at full throttle. After that do the down pipe no point in raising the boost of the turbo if you dont let it breath better.
i would encourage you to reach out to the vendors call them up. If you live by them stop by there shop and for gods sake talk to more then 1 person on it PM people get honest reviews from people that have dealt with all the vendors. Myself i live about 1 1/2 hrs away from road race motorsports and 500 maddness. i leaned towards road race motorsports when i stopped by they answered all my many questions and never once made me feel like i was asking a stupid question. Best of luck on your Build and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN4MOSZEnJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN4MOSZEnJA

abarth661
08-15-2014, 09:41 PM

call the locations. If you are buying multiple parts ask them over the phone if you can get a deal if you buy more. Its free to ask and the worst they can say is no. also keeping in contact with your vendor is also a good thing.

NGEN
08-15-2014, 11:43 PM

Not this guy... His 500T is bone stock. I don't even think he has opened the hood! LOL

Of course I'm kidding. Joseph has a pretty sick 500T and knows quite a bit about it.

There are many of us who can help you here on the forum with your mods. Just reach out to who you feel most comfortable with and rock that 500T