PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Display

jlasinski
07-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Loving our 500l Trekking. Anyone else's outside temperature display way off? Sometimes it is high and sometimes it is low. As far off as 15 degrees. This is not always the case from sitting outside in the sun all day either. Thanks, John

Fiat500USA
07-10-2014, 04:44 PM
How far off is it usually? Sometimes the heat coming off the radiator can have an effect on the outside temp reading. Ambient temp sensors are usually at the front of a car so, I guess to tell if there is a problem, you would have to measure the temp there with something and compare the two.

ThingsAbove
07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
When your moving over 20 mph it should be accurate after a couple of minutes. It should also be accurate at startup if the vehicle has been parked in the shade.

jlasinski
07-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Temperature is all over the place. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is parked overnight or in the shade. Doesn't seem to change after driving awhile either. Drove from Missouri all the way to Florida and temperature was about 15 degrees low the whole way.

ThingsAbove
07-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Temperature is all over the place. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is parked overnight or in the shade. Doesn't seem to change after driving awhile either. Drove from Missouri all the way to Florida and temperature was about 15 degrees low the whole way.

Sounds like a defective sensor. Other than being parked in the sun mine is accurate to within a couple degrees.

Trystane
07-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I've had this issue forever and even got a FIAT response but no follow up. Nice to know I'm not alone!

FiatCACares
07-25-2014, 09:56 AM
I've had this issue forever and even got a FIAT response but no follow up. Nice to know I'm not alone!

Trystane,

Does the temperature reading remain incorrect for the duration of your trip, or does it eventually provide an accurate reading?

jlasinski
08-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Mine remains incorrect for the duration. Sometimes as much as 15 degrees off

FiFiFiat
03-16-2015, 06:27 PM
It was 40 this AM when I got in car and the exterior temp gauge read 85 and barely budged all day. One thing after another with this car and unfortunately terrible service in Delaware. Ready to trade it in even though I'm upside down in it by 6K.