PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up Paint for White 17" Abarth Wheels?

Rosso_Rapido
07-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has the paint code or knows how to order touch up paint for the white wheels? I've got one tiny chip on one wheel and would like to dab some paint on there. Thanks!

Purgatory
07-03-2014, 08:12 PM
This one I know for a fact, right from my Studio manager, John Montgomery.

He ordered a bottle for mine.

It's: PW3

Have used it on so micro chips, and it matches perfect. Just be sure to clean off chips, etc. with alcohol first, and dry with cloth, before touching up the paint.

n2oinferno
07-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Good to know that it's the same paint code as the Bianco paint. I ordered a touch up kit from Dr Colorchip, so now I can do my wheels if I need as well. :)

Rosso_Rapido
07-03-2014, 09:53 PM
This one I know for a fact, right from my Studio manager, John Montgomery.

He ordered a bottle for mine.

It's: PW3

Have used it on so micro chips, and it matches perfect. Just be sure to clean off chips, etc. with alcohol first, and dry with cloth, before touching up the paint.

Sooooo awesome, thank you!

Purgatory
07-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but when I owned my Lincoln MKS, it had sparkly black paint, and I ordered the Dr. Colorchip. Despite their ads, it was the worse touch up paint I ever used on any car. Did not remotely match, nor would it apply as advertised, made a mess out of a couple of small nicks on the car. Tried to get my money back, as they claimed would be easy, and to this day, they would never make good. They claimed I applied it incorrectly. I did it literally to the "t" as their instructions dictated.

Personally, I would never waste the money on any of their products. I have used 3 different Fiat touch up paints so far (ordered via the Studio's parts department), and they apply easily, and they match perfect. Seems like I was paying perhaps 12.50 per color, could be wrong on that.

Hope you have better luck than I did with that other product.

n2oinferno
07-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but when I owned my Lincoln MKS, it had sparkly black paint, and I ordered the Dr. Colorchip. Despite their ads, it was the worse touch up paint I ever used on any car. Did not remotely match, nor would it apply as advertised, made a mess out of a couple of small nicks on the car. Tried to get my money back, as they claimed would be easy, and to this day, they would never make good. They claimed I applied it incorrectly. I did it literally to the "t" as their instructions dictated.

Personally, I would never waste the money on any of their products. I have used 3 different Fiat touch up paints so far (ordered via the Studio's parts department), and they apply easily, and they match perfect. Seems like I was paying perhaps 12.50 per color, could be wrong on that.

Hope you have better luck than I did with that other product.

I've already used it. It's a perfect match and I had no problems. I'm going to do a couple more layers though since a couple of the nicks are deep. I've never had great results with dealership touch up paint though unless you go down the whole road. It always looks like a touch up job unless you decide you're going to wetsand, polish, etc..