PDA

View Full Version : Mopar Stainless Pedal Cover Install Help

cactusjk
06-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I had no trouble installing the gas pedal but the brake was impossible. The old brake cover pulls right off. The problem is getting the square inserts to engage in the metal pedal. If anyone knows of a better way to get these square rubber plugs engaged please let us know!

badbenzz
06-23-2014, 02:25 AM
I destroyed my brake pedal trying to install them. I used pliers to try and pull the square insert though with no success just tore the rubber. The brake pedal his just hanging on by the slit and the two rubber inserts without going though to the square potion. Actually it is loose but works fine. When you find a way to pul the squares thoguh let me know.
Thanks

SeaDawg
06-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Anybody try the suggestion in the directions and use liquid soap as a lubricant?

Crossfirecat
06-23-2014, 05:01 AM
Some pics might help those of us that haven't installed or are unfamiliar with them. That way we'd get a better idea of what it looks like and could offer suggestions?

cactusjk
06-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Anybody try the suggestion in the directions and use liquid soap as a lubricant?

I did but probably put too much on. Maybe just around the square would be best.

badbenzz
06-24-2014, 02:56 AM
I used soap as well and it did nothing.

BigDaddySRT
06-24-2014, 07:32 AM
They make water based lubricants... they're located on the personal needs isle in the Drug Store.

When you don't need that stuff in the bedroom it works better in the garage.

babelhoo
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I broke my fingers trying to get the Abarth covers on my Sport pedals, couldn't fit the accelerator one, gave up after 30 minutes, asked a friend to try, he put it in 15 seconds and made me feel quite dumb!

cactusjk
06-24-2014, 04:31 PM
So it sounds like nobody has ever successfully installed the brake pedal!

badbenzz
06-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Not me man

lammie200
06-24-2014, 08:33 PM
I heated up my accelerator pedal with a heat gun when I put mine on. I never tried to install the brake pedal because I like the stock pedal covering better than the after market.

cactusjk
06-25-2014, 04:58 PM
I heated up my accelerator pedal with a heat gun when I put mine on. I never tried to install the brake pedal because I like the stock pedal covering better than the after market.

I had not thought of that option. Still would like to give the brake pedal one last try.

SeaDawg
06-25-2014, 05:54 PM
So it sounds like nobody has ever successfully installed the brake pedal!

Maybe no one on here. I traded my 2012 Sport before I ever installed the set I bought and sold them to a fellow member of a local FIAT group. The next get together he already had them installed on his Pop. They looked GOOD. I don't know how he installed them, however.

cactusjk
06-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Maybe no one on here. I traded my 2012 Sport before I ever installed the set I bought and sold them to a fellow member of a local FIAT group. The next get together he already had them installed on his Pop. They looked GOOD. I don't know how he installed them, however.

Wow - maybe there is hope!

cactusjk
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Going to give it another try this weekend so if anyone can tell us how you actually got the brake pedal installed it would be a big help!

badbenzz
06-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Success..........had may mechanic install the brake pedal using a solvent, mirror, flashlight and pliers.

cactusjk
06-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Success..........had may mechanic install the brake pedal using a solvent, mirror, flashlight and pliers.
Type of solvent? There must be a trick to how you pull the tabs.

badbenzz
06-27-2014, 02:51 PM
When I pulled the rubber tab I tore them off in places. In lieu of solvent you can use soapy water, but the trick is to use the mirror to see where your pulling the rubber tabs, just pull slow and steady one side at a time. I think he got one side in and then pulled the other side. GOOD LUCK

cactusjk
06-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

cactusjk
06-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I finally got the brake on using a mirror, a little soap and lots of patience! They are definitely not coming off. A real painful experience but they do look good.

badbenzz
06-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I finally got the brake on using a mirror, a little soap and lots of patience! They are definitely not coming off. A real painful experience but they do look good.

Good job :nevreness::nevreness: