Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

Well...Welcome back Tedolph.

I got four new sensors as preventative maintenance with a four tire purchase at Costco. Paid Feb 2021 $43.89...

Only 11 weeks away to Ottawa Viva Italia Car Concorso and Italia Car Parade June 14 to 16
This is the only place to be on Fathers Day

These are the Gold winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event

Fernado Pasquale 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Alessandro Pellerito 1971...

Fiat X1/9: The Affordable Mid-Engine Sports Car That's Still Addictively Fun Today - autoevolution
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-x1-9...

Don't miss this event held in little Italy Montreal !!!...

This will be one of the largest gatherings of Italian Cars
Clubs form Toronto , Montreal and Ottawa will be attending ;

Toronto is...

Well, after 12 years and 90k miles, I also finally got the dreaded "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unavailable" dashboard warning during startups....

I've checked the last few tanks, and the on-board measurement is consistently higher than what I calculate at the pump by 5-8%. Obviously it is not a...

Still getting about 42.5 mpg in mixed driving in my 2012 pop.

Only use the cheapest regular gas, not 91.

Tedolph

It should, Not sure if the others spoilers, need the roof pins....

Sure it will!...

nice idea!

but you should have had the sharp joins coming out the bottom of the rest..not the top

If you take the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It sounds like...

Anyone with Kicker sub?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crankin
    • Sep 2013

Anyone with Kicker sub?

As part of the sales agreement my wife had the Kicker sub installed in her car. Apparently it is not very loud. I haven't heard it yet and the dealership has a phone call into Fiat to see if they did something wrong.

Can anyone else comment on the sound?
  • crankin
    • Sep 2013

So I picked the car up from the dealer and it isn't very loud. I have triple checked all their connections even tho they are one way plug and play. The dealer thinks maybe the amp is faulty? She already had the Alpine system so this makes the Alpine amp obsolete, but the Kicker does pick up all the speakers and sounds noticibly better but the sub don't thump like the Beats.

Ideas?

Comment

• Spool500
      • Jul 2013

i was thinking of adding this on, if you do find out what the deal is, please keep us updated. and good luck
      2015 Sport- Laser Blu
      Injen intake. NGK IX iridium plugs. Tmc autoflash. Magnaflow exhaust. enkei Rpf1 in Conti ExtremeContact tires. Abarth Cloth Seats

Comment

• FSTCS6
        • May 2014

There must be a wiring issue, I put Kicker subs in my CS6 doors (direct replacement for the stock Shaker 500 units) and they pack quite the punch with no modification to the wiring.

Hope they figure it out for you, if my Cabrio didn't have the Beats system I'd be putting the Kicker in too.
        Tired of being ignored - enjoy your clique.

Comment

• Thunderbolt
          • Apr 2012

Keep us updated. My neighbor wants a sub for his non-Beats Abarth as well.

Another option is the JL Audio Stealthbox; not sure if it's available yet. I posted about it on our local forum.
          500Crew.com - Fiat 500 Club in the Vancouver, BC area

Comment

• bomba
            • Mar 2014

I've been considering putting one of these under the seat:

2013 Rosso Abarth Cabrio
            Mods:

Engine:
            RRM V3 ECU, BMC CAI, Madness GoPedal, MPx Throttle Body, Forge Actuator, Craven Throttle Body Spacer, GFB DV+, ATM FMIC, RRM Lightweight Pulley, Craven Short Shift Kit, Neu-F Torque Arm Insert

Suspension:
            Madness Mild Drop Springs, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Front Strut Bar, Rear 25mm Torsion Bar, Craven Short Shift Kit, CPR Lower Brace Bar

Exterior:
            Madness Xenon Light Kit, Tributo Badges & Stripes, Madness Black Painted Tail Lights.

Comment

• crankin
              • Sep 2013

I'll keep you guys updated. Today the speakers are making an audible tick so I concur the amp is faulty it is the only variable that changed. Unfortunately the new one is a month out so the dealer asked for my friends shop to price an aftermarket amp install to power the kicker sub. I like this idea better than the factory kicker amp so I am going to push for it.

Comment

• crankin
                • Sep 2013

Update. Kicker system removed as it states in bold letters in the instructions. "BASE MODEL STEREO ONLY". Appointment made at Sounds Good Auto for this weekend to have JL micro sub installed. Dealer has agreed to foot the bill for making this into such an ordeal. While the fit and finish of the Kicker system was spot on, damn the harness was a thing of beauty. It just wasn't designed for anything but the base system.

Comment

• crankin
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Thunderbolt
                  Keep us updated. My neighbor wants a sub for his non-Beats Abarth as well.

Another option is the JL Audio Stealthbox; not sure if it's available yet. I posted about it on our local forum.
                  It hasn't been listed on their site yet, damn those things are nice....and expensive.

Comment