PDA

View Full Version : Need a cargo liner for the rear

AudiGuy
06-02-2014, 04:51 PM
So I took my back seats out last weekend. Im trying to gauge interest to see how many people would be down for a 1 piece cargo mat that would go over the deleted seat area as well. Once I see how many people are interested, I can start shopping it around. Ill probably got to Weathertech first. Lets hear whos interested.
:naughty:

ophidia31
06-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Im in.

What system do you have in your car? With amp or beats?

Sales@roadrace
06-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Seen two guys that used hardwood in the back after removing the rear seats, love the way it looks! A fitted mat would be awesome as well, hope to see it happen!

AudiGuy
06-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Im in.

What system do you have in your car? With amp or beats?
Beats. I already sent weather tech an email to see how many would need to be produced to make it worth their time.

Seen two guys that used hardwood in the back after removing the rear seats, love the way it looks! A fitted mat would be awesome as well, hope to see it happen!
Yeah that does look cool. But to me that belongs in a car with air. Or someone showing off a system.

Edit: This just gave me an idea. Thanks

in2paint
06-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi. I'm interested also. I took my seats out this weekend and I ordered the rear seat delete kit. I was going to make a pattern so that I can cut a carpet and have the edges bound to cover the entire area behind the front seats. A liner would be cool. I like the liner that goes behind the back seats with the wavy lines and the 500 logo. Something like that would look great. What do you guys think. I'm open to just about anything that would be a custom fit.

in2paint
06-02-2014, 08:00 PM
12099 I forgot to add that I don't have the beats system.

redred
06-02-2014, 08:06 PM
If I ever do the seat delete, this is what I would want in my car as a liner. Nice automotive carpet with the Abarth logo embroidered into it. I think this looks superb:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/staceydodds/ScreenShot2014-06-02at50453PM_zpsb34f05cf.png

Tweak
06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
A full piece would be much nicer than the partial offerings on the market currently. Due to slight variances in seat delete kits though problems will surely arise for some.

redred
06-02-2014, 08:27 PM
A full piece would be much nicer than the partial offerings on the market currently. Due to slight variances in seat delete kits though problems will surely arise for some.

Exactly. It would have to be made for one type of seat delete and that's it. It wouldn't be cost effective to try and make multiple versions. I'm thinking custom is the only way to go in this situation.

ophidia31
06-02-2014, 08:29 PM
If I ever do the seat delete, this is what I would want in my car as a liner. Nice automotive carpet with the Abarth logo embroidered into it. I think this looks superb:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/staceydodds/ScreenShot2014-06-02at50453PM_zpsb34f05cf.png

What I had in mind when I was looking for people to make me a carpet earlier this year.

Though i have the beats system, I might be pulling it out and replacing the side carpets from a non-premium system 500.

AudiGuy
06-02-2014, 10:38 PM
The suggestion of wood flooring got me thinking. Ive recently been shopping for outdoor decking and found some modular laminate flooring that locks together. Ive seen several different styles. Obviously wood, but lots of different stuff. That would be pretty cool to cut a from a template. If the texture of the stuff didnt work you could always cover it in carpet. You can use the back half carpeting for the rear half of your template. Looks like ive found this weekends project.