PDA

View Full Version : Light Swap

Bikebits
05-25-2014, 03:30 PM
In a thread on this board I connected with Andy (andi.audi) and we arranged to swap my Turbo blacked-out lights and Andy's chrome finish Abarth lights. Andy made the 4+ hr drive from the GTA down to Amherstburg, and we got started about 09:30. Mt friend Ray came over to help out.

Before picture:

During:

Tadaaa:

We were done in two hours flat, working at a relaxed pace. Some instructions say to jack the cars up, but we found it wasn't necessary, turning the wheels to full lock and using short-handled tools.

I got the chrome lights for the more retro look I'm after and Andy got the blacked-out look. Thanks Andy, it was a pleasure meeting you!

aevansgatech
05-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Is there any modification needed for the wiring harness or is it simply swap and plug in?

I've always wondered why the blacked out lights aren't even an option on the Abarth

ophidia31
05-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Is there any modification needed for the wiring harness or is it simply swap and plug in?

I've always wondered why the blacked out lights aren't even an option on the Abarth

Plug and play with maybe adjusting the headlights afterwards.

They are an option now on the 2014s.

shadowshaggy
05-29-2014, 08:19 PM

Just black rather than chrome, its now a $250 option on the '14 models.... really Fiat? You suck!!

dalamscius
05-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Just black rather than chrome, its now a $250 option on the '14 models.... really Fiat? You suck!!

Black headlights are standard in Canada on the Abarths! Will post pics when this car finally arrives... the wait is killing me