PDA

View Full Version : 500x abarth

FTY
05-15-2014, 07:33 AM
WANT!!!

Thats it..I want one...and turbocharge the 2.4L of course and offer it in manual!

boostaddict
05-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Expect the 500X to also adopt the Renegade’s powertrains, meaning an 81kW/152Nm 1.6 litre unit, a 125kW/250Nm 1.4 MultiAir 2 and the larger 137kW/236Nm 2.4 litre MultiAir 2 'Tigershark' mill. 2.4 would be saweet!

Fiat500USA
05-15-2014, 08:24 AM
At a recent conference I had with product planners I literally begged for something sporty to buy for people who are outgrowing the 500. I also let them know how much we all love the Abarth Punto Evo and wanted a successor. They all said to check out the 500X, so I have hopes. As far as the next gen APE goes, I also begged for a two door, but that will probably not happen. Two doors don't sell.:hopelessness: I said in that case make my four door as hot as possible!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ikg84pkvIbY/UxD8slYmaNI/AAAAAAAATlY/VQUiVNlrfvg/s640/2014%2520Alfa%2520Romeo%2520Giulietta%2520QV%2520r ear.jpg

mactography
05-15-2014, 08:30 AM
At a recent conference I had with product planners I literally begged for something sporty to buy for people who are outgrowing the 500. I also let them know how much we all love the Abarth Punto Evo and wanted a successor. They all said to check out the 500X, so I have hopes. As far as the next gen APE goes, I also begged for a two door, but that will probably not happen. Two doors don't sell.:hopelessness: I said in that case make my four door as hot as possible!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ikg84pkvIbY/UxD8slYmaNI/AAAAAAAATlY/VQUiVNlrfvg/s640/2014%2520Alfa%2520Romeo%2520Giulietta%2520QV%2520r ear.jpg

This car is absolutely gorgeous. Do want.

bryanintowson
05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
I think FCA is going to sell the hell out of the Jeep Renegade and hopefully the FIAT 500X - an Abarth version seems likely since Jeep will probably get an SRT version for the Renegade as it could become one of their best selling vehicles.

FCA is really putting out some compelling vehicles over the next couple of years. The Chrysler 200 looks to be a really nice car, the Dart SRT will be a Subaru WRX fighter and the Jeep Renegade will own the small SUV segment.

*waves Pentastar flag*

mactography
05-15-2014, 08:41 AM
I hope you're right. I LOVE the Jeep Renegade. It's such a cool little SUV and I hate SUVs. A SRT version of it would be bonkers.

bryanintowson
05-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm just glad that they stopped having SRT as a standalone brand. That just seemed a bit daffy. It's unfortunate but I think FCA still has too many brands. It's going to be a hard juggling act to make Dodge and Chrysler compelling in their own rights. Similarly with Alfa and Maserati. It's sad, but Lancia needed to die. It hasn't been a real brand in decades. Same thing with Plymouth. I think it's hard for many of us as Americans to really view FCA as a complete company. I know I keep thinking of it as Chrysler AND Fiat. So for the new merged company I can see this sort of top down breakdown:

Ferrari
Maserati
Chrysler- Ram - Jeep
FIAT- Dodge - Alfa Romeo (lifestyle vehicles: Dodge for Performance, FIAT/Alfa for style)

I kept asking myself "where's the luxury brand?" now that they are going to make Chrysler a mainstream brand and not "luxury" and then I realized it's going to be Maserati. It's a shame FCA is getting out of the American Luxury business. That just leaves Caddy and Lincoln and the latter is getting revived but is currently kind of going nowhere.