Robert Nixon
04-25-2014, 08:13 PM
It will be great...have fun!

cy-clone33
04-26-2014, 07:17 PM
lets go racin

cy-clone33
04-27-2014, 06:10 PM
WELL, the CPR FIAT500T took 10th overall PAX and WON the STC class at the SCCA GRR event today,. I want to say That I met a forum member here named SCOTT, nice guy fun to race against and congratulations on your 3rd place finish in STC

I can say without hesitation and modesty that the chassis braces WORK, I was confronted by a couple racers who stated how the car stayed so level thru the course, and after the event had a few people checking out the car so a good day for CPR and FIAT

On a side note you non abarth guys that want to go quick thru the corners really need to consider this weld on torsion bar assy, It only cost $100 to weld on the brackets. took about an hour and mimics the Abarth geometry for a well handling ride and after welding is still less $$ than the current bolt on options

BigDaddySRT
04-27-2014, 08:29 PM
WELL, the CPR FIAT500T took 10th overall PAX and WON the STC class at the SCCA GRR event today,. I want to say That I met a forum member here named SCOTT, nice guy fun to race against and congratulations on your 3rd place finish in STC

I can say without hesitation and modesty that the chassis braces WORK, I was confronted by a couple racers who stated how the car stayed so level thru the course, and after the event had a few people checking out the car so a good day for CPR and FIAT

On a side note you non abarth guys that want to go quick thru the corners really need to consider this weld on torsion bar assy, It only cost $100 to weld on the brackets. took about an hour and mimics the Abarth geometry for a well handling ride and after welding is still less $$ than the current bolt on options

And you should be in Street Mod.

Robert Nixon
04-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Congrats on the autocross!

trevc
04-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Interested how your time compares with those in SMF.

cy-clone33
04-29-2014, 05:57 PM
I really don't wish to respond to this BUT I sent my mods in to the SCCA exactly as the the car was ran I have the email from BRIAN HARMER the RALLY/SOLO PROGRAM MANAGER for the SCCA

QUOTE "with those modifications the car is compliant with street touring compact ( STC) "

that includes the abarth reflash, the rear sway bar ( stock from NGEN ) and the lower brace bar

cy-clone33
04-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Interested how your time compares with those in SMF.

TREV they havnt posted the results online yet, when they do I will look, Im curious myself the site is SCCA GRR, it says wait until after a couple of events have run as of today

BigDaddySRT
05-02-2014, 07:17 AM
I really don't wish to respond to this BUT I sent my mods in to the SCCA exactly as the the car was ran I have the email from BRIAN HARMER the RALLY/SOLO PROGRAM MANAGER for the SCCA

QUOTE "with those modifications the car is compliant with street touring compact ( STC) "

that includes the abarth reflash, the rear sway bar ( stock from NGEN ) and the lower brace bar

CPR LOWER BRACE
CPR INTERIOR X BRACE

Street Touring:
14.2 BODYWORK

G. Strut bars per Section 12.18 are permitted with all types of suspension, subject to the following constraints:
1. A 2-point strut bar may be added, removed, modified, or substituted, but only with another 2-point strut bar.
2. A triangulated (3-point) strut bar may be removed, modified, or substituted; substitution may be with either a triangulated or a 2-point strut bar. The connection to the chassis (e.g., firewall, bulkhead) must be in the standard location.
3. Lower suspension braces must be attached to the lower suspension pickup point locations on the chassis within 2” (50.8mm) in any direction of the actual suspension attachment to the chassis.
4. Except for standard parts, no connections to other components are permitted.
Additional holes may be drilled for mounting bolts. Only “bolt-on” attachment is permitted. Interior trim panels may be modified to allow installation of strut bars. Holes or slots may be no larger than necessary and may serve no other purpose. This does not permit any modifications to the frame or unibody beyond the allowed mounting holes.

TORK TUNE AND BOOST FIX

Street Touring:
14.10 ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
F. The engine management system parameters and operation may be modified only via the methods listed below. These allowances also
apply to forced induction cars, except that no changes to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are permitted. Boost
changes indirectly resulting from allowed modifications are permissible but directly altering or modifying the boost or turbo controls, either mechanically or electronically, is strictly prohibited. Traction control parameters may not be altered. Any OE OBD2 or newer communications port functionality must remain. The Check Engine Light(CEL) or Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) may be disabled via software. Alternate software maps which violate these restrictions may not be present during competition, regardless of activation. Only OE sensors may be used for engine management.

I'm all for modifying your car... but knowing your Modifications and Proper Classifications is very important... especially when you are running for Points and trying to win a Championship.

cy-clone33
05-02-2014, 07:32 AM
car was raced without the interior brace and the rear seats were installed, one of the points I made in the original thread about the brace system was that installation and removal was a 1/2 hr job

Im sorry we disagree , My point which is opposite of yours is that I sent in to the SCCA a complete list of how the car would be ran, the lower brace and the ECU flash are included in that email, I received a response from Brian Harmer who's title is rally/solo director and that is the class I ran it in

I hope you have a good year, and have no bad feelings on this end

BigDaddySRT
05-02-2014, 09:48 AM
car was raced without the interior brace and the rear seats were installed, one of the points I made in the original thread about the brace system was that installation and removal was a 1/2 hr job

Im sorry we disagree , My point which is opposite of yours is that I sent in to the SCCA a complete list of how the car would be ran, the lower brace and the ECU flash are included in that email, I received a response from Brian Harmer who's title is rally/solo director and that is the class I ran it in

I hope you have a good year, and have no bad feelings on this end

No bad feelings on my end either.

But it needs to be known that you are not running in the appropriate Class, and you are running around bragging that you classed well in PAX with illegal modifications for your Class.

That "Tork Tune" modifies the Factory Boost Algorithm, and modifies the Traction Control Algorithm... it is an illegal modification in any class but Street Mod.
Send the email back to your Director and mention that.

Your chassis braces are great, and they are adding structural support and reinforcement... but they are triangulating the chassis, and are not allowed in any class but Street Mod.

Once again... it's great that you are building an ABARTH that can out handle Sports cars on a short course... but don't brag and try to get respect when you are openly breaking the Rules.
sconf

nilfinite
05-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Based on the rules posted (14.2 & 14.10), it sounds like the lower strut brace/bar is permitted.

Street Touring:
14.2 BODYWORK

G. Strut bars per Section 12.18 are permitted with all types of suspension, subject to the following constraints:
1. A 2-point strut bar may be added, removed, modified, or substituted, but only with another 2-point strut bar.
2. A triangulated (3-point) strut bar may be removed, modified, or substituted; substitution may be with either a triangulated or a 2-point strut bar. The connection to the chassis (e.g., firewall, bulkhead) must be in the standard location.
3. Lower suspension braces must be attached to the lower suspension pickup point locations on the chassis within 2” (50.8mm) in any direction of the actual suspension attachment to the chassis.
4. Except for standard parts, no connections to other components are permitted.

4. Is a blanket statement saying no strut bars to other components are permitted. The focus isn't on non-standard parts.

14.2 doesn't cover the X brace. 14.2 is with regards to strut bars. They define strut bars as "A transverse member connecting the upper or lower suspension mounting points at the front or rear of the car. Strut bars may be mounted only transversely across the car from upper left to upper right suspension mounting point and from lower left to lower right suspension mounting point. A two-point strut bar fastens only at the left and right suspension pointing points. A triangulated strut bar has a third area of attachment at the chassis (e.g., at the firewall/bulkhead). All connections to the vehicle must be bolted. No connection point to the chassis can be welded"

I actually don't know where the X brace is covered in the rules but I'll trust Brian Harmer's decision on the matter. With regards to the tune, my understanding is that any tune that affects boost is SMF, I'll defer to Brian on this one as well.

trevc
05-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Gotta love SCCA rules - they are so badly written. Glad we have NASA here.

nilfinite
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Agreed, I do like the NASA system with points vs classing.

I have a ridiculous amount of respect for Ron and the work he is putting into the fiat community. Plenty of people are incorrectly classed but Ron has actually tried to contact the right people vs purposely trying to game the system. Unless he wins Nationals, I don't think anyone is going care about any of the mods. If he does go to win Nationals, I'm certain along the way to winning nationals what is and isn't legal will eventually be figured out.

cy-clone33
05-02-2014, 10:36 PM
tweak can you lock this please

Tweak
05-02-2014, 11:34 PM
tweak can you lock this please

Your forum area and thread so sure, not a problem.