PDA

View Full Version : am / fm radio reception fuzzy...

Tutukane
04-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Do I love this little "E" of mine!!! However, because I live out in the boondocks I am not getting good radio reception and I am getting battery noise through the speakers of the radio. My satellite reception is great except for the dead areas I drive through. I have the connections hooked up to get music from my Iphone to the radio. The problem there is that I go through those dead areas and I lose the "iheart" radio connection. Any ideas on how I might be able to utilize the existing radio, but get better reception and less battery noise through the speakers?

Robert Nixon
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Not sure if this would work, but how about streaming iheart radio from your phone thru the car?

Tutukane
04-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Robert. That is exactly what I am doing using the connectivity device in the glove compartment. Doing it this way is clear and beautiful until it stops because I have hit a dead area on the road. That's why I am asking about any fixes for the actual radio in the car.

Ballinger
04-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Find a longer antenna, with more gain, than the one that threads onto our modular antenna port on the roof. You're probably looking at a 24" whip up there, but you could swap it on an off. Plus it would look even more like an RC car!