PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running wobble bolts?

Oh, Word?
04-23-2014, 06:59 PM
I don't want to get into a debate over how people feel about them as my feelings are if your not tracking the car there perfectly safe and I've got probably a dozen friends with daily driven cars on wobbles with zero issues.

My question is IF anyone is running them where did you buy them, or if not can someone tell me our thread pitch and the stock length of our wheel studs so I can get a set. I'd be willing to bet there the same as a VW but I'd like to be sure because there $5 a piece. Thanks.

ciao500
04-23-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't want to get into a debate over how people feel about them as my feelings are if your not tracking the car there perfectly safe and I've got probably a dozen friends with daily driven cars on wobbles with zero issues.

My question is IF anyone is running them where did you buy them, or if not can someone tell me our thread pitch and the stock length of our wheel studs so I can get a set. I'd be willing to bet there the same as a VW but I'd like to be sure because there $5 a piece. Thanks.

If I end up finding the money for the wheels I want, I am ordering from TireRack since they supply correct bolts and hub centric rings. Call up their phone line or email. They should be able to sell bolts seperately.

Fiat500USA
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM

I bought them from Tire Rack with my wheels: Wheels/ Mods (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?3024-Wheels-Mods/page5)
Size is 12x1.25mm not 12x1.5mm. Length depends on the wheel.

Gharbeson
04-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Off the track a bit. I have 4 new Sparco red 17" wheels. They are 4 X 100 rather than the Fiat 4 X 98 mm bolt pattern. I have the proper size wobble bolts. Since I race my car I can't use them. Interested?

streetsurfer
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
The genuine Fiat packaging for a set of wheel lock bolts says they are 12x1.25 mm.

Throwing in torque specs:

Steel wheels-63 ft. Lbs.

Alloy wheels-75 ft. lbs.

SeaDawg
04-24-2014, 01:45 AM
If I end up finding the money for the wheels I want, I am ordering from TireRack since they supply correct bolts and hub centric rings. Call up their phone line or email. They should be able to sell bolts seperately.

I don't think it's their policy to sell them unless you buy the wheels from them as a complete package.

Oh, Word?
04-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Off the track a bit. I have 4 new Sparco red 17" wheels. They are 4 X 100 rather than the Fiat 4 X 98 mm bolt pattern. I have the proper size wobble bolts. Since I race my car I can't use them. Interested?

I'm not saying you couldnt but I personally wouldn't. I'm sure with the correct size bolts and center bore it wouldn't be an issue but in a race situation it's just one less thing to worry about.

Seems like I've got two answers that are conflicting haha guess I'll have to dig a little deeper to be sure.

pk9394
04-24-2014, 08:52 AM
i run them with my winter set from tirerack, they are longer than stock

streetsurfer
04-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Please do conduct your own checking to be safe. Everything I have come up with indicates 12x1.25. The one place I did see a 12x1.5 listed was on McGards listing and indicated only for certain 500Ls. That same source had 1.25 listed for the Cinquecento. The FIAT packet that I read the size off of was handed to me at the dealer upon the purchase of my car. The bolts were installed, the packet contained the key.

Another source....
http://www.carid.com/2013-fiat-500-lug-nuts-locks/mcgard-wheel-lock-set-16434581.html

pk9394
04-24-2014, 09:07 AM

Give 500madness a call, they should be happy to answer and help you out.

Fiat500USA
04-24-2014, 10:48 AM
The genuine Fiat packaging for a set of wheel lock bolts says they are 12x1.25 mm.

Throwing in torque specs:

Steel wheels-63 ft. Lbs.

Alloy wheels-75 ft. lbs.

Thanks, I had some brain fade. I don't know what I was thinking. :dunno: They've used the 12x1.25 bolts forever. You think I would remember the size after I posted this a while ago :

They are held on with wheel bolts. There is a locating dowel that you need to remove (takes a couple of seconds). Make sure you get hub-centric rings if you are using the wobble bolts, the wheels should come with them. The bolt size is 12x1.25.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9calihfsfIM/TaSfUDt9ZbI/AAAAAAAAF8k/TI5Ge31wSSw/s400/Fiat500USA-Fiat_PCD_Variation_Wheel_Bolts.jpg

streetsurfer
04-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Glad to help, but was pretty nervous thinking I might be correcting you... Tried to look at it from all angles to be sure. I even checked your garage to see if you might have the L that may require the 1.5's. I hope I stated it with a suitable amount of decorum.

Oh, Word?
04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys, might not even need them right now but I'm certain to have wheels soon. Wheels I was looking at were rare and by rare I mean only set in the country 17x7.5 +25 zender 5 spoke wheels in 4x100. When I have wheels built they'll either be 8.5 or 9 but these were so cheap I couldn't pass them up until he threw them on a balancer and three were pretty bent. Being that I work with aluminum every day is rather not have them trued because bent aluminum always seems to crack. Been there, welded that, just don't want to deal with it right now.

streetsurfer
04-24-2014, 10:06 PM
You're sure welcome. I hope you find some wheels to you're liking. Too bad about the bent ones. Seems to me there might be a lot of them floating around this year due to the rough winter. I guess tires and some wheels have been in short supply in the worse areas; according to earlier news stories at least.