PDA

View Full Version : Nooooo my first issue with my fiat

wookieda
04-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Been lurking on the forum. Been enjoying my Abarth since august 2013 and I ran into a problem for the first time. side mirror control is not working. Moving mirros to right left down works, but the up will not activate neither mirror to go up. :( Will have to visit the studio to have the issue taken a look. Gah..

bryanintowson
04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Keep us updated - that seems to be an very specific and unusual fault you've encountered and one that I have not seen before. Please also keep us informed on how your studio is treating you and remember that you can always contact FIATCares here on the forum or call corporate if you feel like they aren't taking care of you.

Robert Nixon
04-18-2014, 08:53 AM
I don't know what kind of controller that is, but would guess that since it's both mirrors they should be able to fix the one thing that is not working right.

Doohickie
04-18-2014, 09:21 AM
My guess is it's a switch issue.

Haring
04-18-2014, 09:38 AM
I always wondered if the switch is waterproof. Since the front window and doors don't have any types of gutters, any water that comes in the window from rain or the wipers drips down on that area of the door panel.

RagingBullWinkle
04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I always wondered if the switch is waterproof. Since the front window and doors don't have any types of gutters, any water that comes in the window from rain or the wipers drips down on that area of the door panel.

I also have found you cannot drive in the rain with the sunroof tilted up. After a short while water will drip from where the headliner meets the hard plastic just above said switch. Wook do you have a sunroof?

Doohickie
04-18-2014, 02:53 PM
I also have found you cannot drive in the rain with the sunroof tilted up. After a short while water will drip from where the headliner meets the hard plastic just above said switch. Wook do you have a sunroof?

There should be drain tubes that run down your A-pillars. If those tubes get plugged you can get water accumulation that leads to leaks (and overflows if the top is open). You might want to check that.

janaheim
04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Make sure that the mirrors are properly seated and that the mirror glass has not been moved. In my previous car, going through the car wash, always moved the outside mirrors and sometimes the glass as well. I had to manually reposition the mirrors and nudge the glass so they'd work properly.

Tweak
04-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Hope one of the suggestions here helps or the dealer can quickly and easily resolve it for you!

Chico Valdez
04-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Mirrors? It's Italian! What's behinda you, doesn'ta matter...

wookieda
04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Have not had a chance to go the dealer yet. I was unlucky with my driver side window. Found a rock chip on the day I went to pick up my car. Dealership promised to change the window. It was replaced and few weeks after car got broken into and the crook smashed the same window and stole my garage opener.. sigh.. The car door panel probably got opened up twice and during the process the switch might have been ruined.. either way i'll go to dealership and see what they say. hopefully this is an easy fix. Which I believe it is. Do anyone know how to take the door panel off the car door? I'd do it myself if i knew how.

smark
04-23-2014, 07:50 AM

The switches are sealed. When you open the door, when it's raining they get soaked.