View Full Version : Hids ???

MALLOPPO
04-14-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi Guys,
new here.
I just got my Abarth last week,
got the H11 Hids for the fogs 6000k - 55w digital slim
they run hot as hell but they work ...
I cant find any for the low/high beam (reasonably priced) weird/uncommon bulb type/style.
Should I go with 35 or 55 w?
thanks for your help !!!
I also read a bunch of nightmares with led light bulbs ... so decided to go with a bunch of PIAA bulbs for
the DRL/parking, front blinkers, all 4 corner markers, reverse, brake/tail lights, and rear blinkers ...
I cant wait for them to show up
I did get LEDs for the Dome/Reading lights ... OE are so dim !!!
hope fully i can post some pics soon too

BTW Great Forum

thx
Stefano

Tweak
04-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Stefano.

I bought my 9006 Slim ballast HID 4300K kit from VVME and am happy with it, I used PIAA for DRL and reverse lights.

Enjoy the forum!

GiuliaRoberts
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
So 9006 will work for low beams, not the H13 I keep reading about?

Tweak
04-14-2014, 06:06 PM
So 9006 will work for low beams, not the H13 I keep reading about?

I have around six months on this setup without problems. http://www.vvme.com/hid-headlights/single-beam-hid-conversion-kit/9006-hb4-hid-conversion-kit/digital-slim-9006-hb4-hid-light-conversion-kit

Looks more blue in the pic cause of the phone pic but is very much white in person as are the PIAA DRL lights for about $15 from Amazon.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rom4gp.jpg

Sarah Elizabeth Johana
04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
MALLOPPO,
I'm also new on this whole fiat experience. How did you figure out which HIDS to get for your car?? I have 2012 Manual Sport and I'm currently having a lot of trouble finding a replacement HID bulbs for my car, I took one out a few days ago since it was burnt out and there is a tag that says AME-6C, I have been googling, calling and speaking to fiat services, and been going to car part stores but no one can seem to help me :( Anyone have any suggestions??

Tweak
04-14-2014, 10:09 PM
MALLOPPO,
I'm also new on this whole fiat experience. How did you figure out which HIDS to get for your car?? I have 2012 Manual Sport and I'm currently having a lot of trouble finding a replacement HID bulbs for my car, I took one out a few days ago since it was burnt out and there is a tag that says AME-6C, I have been googling, calling and speaking to fiat services, and been going to car part stores but no one can seem to help me :( Anyone have any suggestions??

#1 Welcome to the forum.

#2 I assume you missed the other posts made in this thread somehow? :confused:

MALLOPPO
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
I have around six months on this setup without problems. http://www.vvme.com/hid-headlights/single-beam-hid-conversion-kit/9006-hb4-hid-conversion-kit/digital-slim-9006-hb4-hid-light-conversion-kit

Looks more blue in the pic cause of the phone pic but is very much white in person as are the PIAA DRL lights for about $15 from Amazon.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rom4gp.jpg

looks great Tweak ...
35 or 55 watts ?
and any issues with overheating the projector assembly ?
thx for your replies

MALLOPPO
04-14-2014, 10:34 PM
MALLOPPO,

well Sarah I only did my Fog Lights thus far H11 bulb,
and Tweak says we can use 9006 in the Low/High beam so I am going to order those now !!!
SpinningSmiley

Sarah Elizabeth Johana
04-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Tweak,
I read your previous post but I am not sure if that bulb fits with the HID kit that I have. Unfortunately I have no idea what kit was placed on my car since I bought it with the aftermarket headlight. All I know is that there is a tag that says AME-6C. Will the 9006 fit? The light bulb I currently have is a single beam with wires and the output. There is also KF engraved

Tweak
04-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Tweak,
I read your previous post but I am not sure if that bulb fits with the HID kit that I have. Unfortunately I have no idea what kit was placed on my car since I bought it with the aftermarket headlight. All I know is that there is a tag that says AME-6C. Will the 9006 fit? The light bulb I currently have is a single beam with wires and the output. There is also KF engraved

9006 single beam works fine with my car for the past six months, a shutter is how our hi/lo works so no need for a dual setup.

dylansi
04-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Do you think these will work for the fogs?

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/250011W.html

Tweak
04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you think these will work for the fogs?

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/250011W.html

I've never looked into the fogs so I cannot offer any suggestions with any certainty, sorry. I know some have tackled the LED fog light mod, maybe they will chime in or I can ask and get some specifics. I know on the "other" forum someone did a swap that worked out but it was some time ago that post was made.

dylansi
04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I've never looked into the fogs so I cannot offer any suggestions with any certainty, sorry. I know some have tackled the LED fog light mod, maybe they will chime in or I can ask and get some specifics. I know on the "other" forum someone did a swap that worked out but it was some time ago that post was made.

Thanks Tweak!

Anyone know if they will work? I would love to have that extra light down low.

Tweak
04-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks Tweak!

Anyone know if they will work? I would love to have that extra light down low.

Found the info for you about them, they are LED fogs from Rigid Industries (Rigid Dually Led 2x2).

Nogastorace
05-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Can i use a non cambus HID system with the oem halogen system?

theporschephile
05-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Can i use a non cambus HID system with the oem halogen system?

TRS told me you don't need the canbus for the HID conversion. I never tried it though, because I bought the kit, then decided to do a retrofit instead. But from my understanding, many people here have done it without the CANBUS, just using the normal HD relays

tpoltron
05-11-2017, 12:48 AM
MALLOPPO,
I have 2012 Manual Sport and I'm currently having a lot of trouble finding a replacement HID bulbs for my car, I took one out a few days ago since it was burnt out and there is a tag that says AME-6C, I have been googling, calling and speaking to fiat services, and been going to car part stores but no one can seem to help me :( Anyone have any suggestions??

In 2013 I installed the HID kit from 500Madness. Recently ones of the bulbs burnt out and while searching for a replacement I noticed it had the part number you mention.
I called them and the want $49 plus tax and shipping ~ $65 for one replacement bulb. Instead I ordered a PAIR of drop in 9012 LED bulbs on Amazon for $39.

tpoltron
05-16-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm currently having a lot of trouble finding a replacement HID bulbs for my car, I took one out a few days ago since it was burnt out and there is a tag that says AME-6C, I have been googling, calling and speaking to fiat services, and been going to car part stores but no one can seem to help me :( Anyone have any suggestions??

That is the bulb from the 500 Madness HID kit.
If you call them they will supply a replacement for $49 plus tax and shipping.
http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-500-hid-conversion-kit-by-madness-high-and-low-beam-set-6000k-pid65

fierostetz
05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
just order some bulbs from ddmtuning.com

BigRuss
05-16-2017, 05:02 PM
I've been happy with my $30 OPT-7 setup... liked them so much I put a set on my wifes car...