PDA

View Full Version : Inspection with no cat

boostaddict
04-12-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm not 100% sure how the inspection stations work but I was wondering could you pass inspection with no cat but with a muffler and not throwing any cel's?
No big deal if I have to throw the oem cat back on down the road.

I won't need a inspection for awhile but I was just thinking about this.

SeaDawg
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I suspect that if they put a 'sniffer' on your tailpipe you might be in shark infested waters, lol. Thank goodness, maybe, we haven't had emissions or safety inspections in Florida since before I moved here in '85. Not because I don't think some of the cars require them, they're just such a PIA.

boostaddict
04-12-2014, 08:19 PM
I suspect that if they put a 'sniffer' on your tailpipe you might be in shark infested waters, lol. Thank goodness, maybe, be haven't had emissions or safety inspections in Florida since before I moved here in '85. Not because I don't think some of the cars require them, they're just such a PIA.

Ya good point , I thought the newer inspection stations just hooked up to the obd2 port.

SeaDawg
04-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Ya good point , I thought the newer inspection stations just hooked up to the obd2 port.

You may be correct. The last time I was in a state that required safety inspections, they didn't do emissions testing and I was in my 30's, now I'm in my late, late, late (lol) 60's.

Abarth Phreak
04-12-2014, 08:39 PM
I suspect that if they put a 'sniffer' on your tailpipe you might be in shark infested waters, lol. Thank goodness, maybe, we haven't had emissions or safety inspections in Florida since before I moved here in '85. Not because I don't think some of the cars require them, they're just such a PIA.

They couldn't get an election correct the first time...this is a bit more technical. Pretty sure that was why.

Oh, Word?
04-12-2014, 08:46 PM
If you don't throw a cel and haven't for a while AND they don't check to see if you have one or not you should be good. A lot of the issues people are having is when the o2 sensor is written out with a tune which the stations can detect now and you will most certainly get flagged for it.

Flowride
04-14-2014, 12:45 AM

They actually had those neat little inspections in the early 90's. They didn't last too long because if I'm not mistaken, FL found them to be unconstitutional when challenged. Unfortunately for me, I live in CA and they LOOOOOVE to rape you over the coals with the ever-so-classy state inspections.

AudiGuy
04-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I love living in Florida :heart:

tknospdr
04-14-2014, 02:34 PM
i love living in florida :heart:

T H I S!

Okay, why did I have to space out the letters in order to shout? That's a little ridiculous.

boostaddict
04-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Damn you FL guys. haha

musicsurf
04-14-2014, 04:27 PM
I love living in Florida :heart:

+ a million.

Flowride
04-15-2014, 02:31 AM
For the many positives FL has, there is one thing it does NOT have: THE SNAKE. This road is less than 15 minutes from my house, running through the Malibu Canyons. The vid makes me seriously miss my Ducati, though I wasn't nearly as fast as these two cats. Imagine taking your Abarth here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKh0oTSFGWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKh0oTSFGWk