PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Area Fiat Owner's Club

Lil Blue
04-11-2014, 07:41 AM
I know I've been talking about a "fun run" this month. Not next weekend since it's Easter weekend, but maybe the Saturday after (26th). We could meet up in Liberty and take H Hwy to Excelsior Springs for lunch at the Elms. I would probably want a head count of sorts (maybe a vehicle count also) to call and give them a heads up the Italians are coming. We can do a "fun run" to Weston in May, maybe the 10th. The 17th of May is the Volkswagen club car show there, and the 24th is the Moonshiner's car show, imagine parking will be a pain on both those days. Also, don't forget we've been invited to the Italian Car show in Zona Rosa June 1st (Sunday) from 11am 'till 2pm, and Hot Alma Nights in Alma KS (Lori and I are already registered) in August.

Lil Blue
04-11-2014, 07:49 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, this is our new club logo created by SMark (he's a seriously talented artist). We're looking into getting "bumper stickers" and will sell them at cost since we're not in this for the money.

smark
04-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Didn't know, you were posting on this forum. Thanks for the compliment.

Lil Blue
04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
The next Cars and Coffee is at the Mercedes dealership at 13851 Madison Ave, Kansas City, MO. Their Facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBenzofKansasCity (I didn't find a website for them), and the cars and coffee facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/KCCarsandCoffee NOt sure if I'm going to go or not..have to get our camp set up for the season.

Tweak
04-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Didn't know, you were posting on this forum. Thanks for the compliment.

Took you long enough to join the forum. :p

smark
04-22-2014, 09:19 AM
I followed this forum for 3 years. Never joined it.

Lil Blue
04-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Got the new flyer for the Italian Car Show the club was invited to go to June 1st. Have to view on either the red forum or on the FB page since I'm at max limit for pics on this one..and I'm to lazy to find the old pics to delete out.

Tweak
04-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Got the new flyer for the Italian Car Show the club was invited to go to June 1st. Have to view on either the red forum or on the FB page since I'm at max limit for pics on this one..and I'm to lazy to find the old pics to delete out.

For the lazy...

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/profile.php?do=editattachments

No excuses now, get to work...haha. ;)

Lil Blue
04-25-2014, 06:04 AM
For the lazy...

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/profile.php?do=editattachments

No excuses now, get to work...haha. ;)

Fine...be that way.

Here's the flyer since Tweak is a mean task master. :P

Tweak
04-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Fine...be that way.

Here's the flyer since Tweak is a mean task master. :P

HAHA, you know you wanted to do some spring cleaning anyway! :cool:

smark
04-25-2014, 10:36 AM
That looks like Phil's little vintage 500 bottom left photo.

smark
04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
The McPherson College CARS Show is next Saturday May 3rd. The show is on the college campus and is completely organized and run by the students of the Automotive Restoration Program. Below are links to the school webpage and the Facebook page with information about the show and a link to the vehicle registration form.

http://www.mcpherson.edu/academics/auto_club.php

https://www.facebook.com/pages/McPherson-College-CARS-Club/104686016257415

Lil Blue
04-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Here's the instructions I got this morning on where to enter and leave for this years car show at the Italian Festival at Zona Rosa on June 1st.

Lil Blue
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Stopped by Fastsigns and got some estimates for club bumper stickers if anyone wants to get them. We would have to do a minimum order of $35. We could get 10 stickers that are either 3x3 or 4x4, laminated so they don't fade in the sun for about $3.21 each roughly, or magnetic laminated for about 3.30 each I think. This would be at cost. To get the initial ones..just curious what everyone would like, and/or if y'all want stickers. Let me know please and I'll get them and pay the up front cost. Also...thinking of getting 2x2 stickers made to hand out at the Italian Fest. Not sure of the cost....but if a local Fiat Studio would like to help with the cost of this <hint hint...nudge nudge>(hopefully one of them will see this) it would be greatly appreciated. All these stickers would be of the club's logo that Steve Mark designed.

Lil Blue
04-28-2014, 06:47 PM
This is per the e-mail that Gino sent

"- load in will be from 10:30 to 11am

- there is no pre-registration and there is no entrance fee

- space is first come/first serve; we’ll divide up the area by marque"

So I'm not sure if you want to get there earlier than 10:30 (getting Her Highness up and out the door by 930 would be a miracle(gonna get smacked for that one)), or if it's even allowed, to make sure you get a spot. I'm hoping for a strong showing...let's show them our Fiat pride..and that we're strong in numbers.

Lil Blue
05-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Club stickers are in. 3.50 each (except for SMark who designed them..he gets one for free). I'm going to try to find a magnetic "sheet" that's cutable so I can make ours magnetic. Think Hobby Lobby has them. Also...Chris is putting together a dinner for the club at 43rd and State Line rd in KC MO a week from Saturday.

Lil Blue
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Here's the sticker. 4"x4" and has a UV laminate protection to help prevent fading.

smark
05-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Here's the sticker. 4"x4" and has a UV laminate protection to help prevent fading.

Wish now, I had put the Facebook address, at the bottom of the sticker. There was extra room.

Tweak
05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Good looking decal, nice work.

DUBS ftw. ;)

Lil Blue
05-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Wish now, I had put the Facebook address, at the bottom of the sticker. There was extra room.

I had them remove it...it's on the flyers I leave at the dealerships.

Lil Blue
05-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Just an FYI...we're having a club dinner at Cupini's this Saturday at 5pm. The address is 1809 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO (at the corner of State Line Rd and 43rd Ave/Westport). If you want to go, please let us know so we can give the restaurant a head count. Thanks.​

Lil Blue
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Lori and I are thinking of going to this..and throwing this out there as a "things to do this weekend" kind of thing.

Kansas City Area Microcar and Minicar Meet and Swap Meet.

WHERE: PARKING LOT OF WESTWOOD, KANSAS CITY HALL, 4700 RAINBOW BOULEVARD, JOHNSON COUNTY, KANSAS. EASY ACCESS: EXIT 233 FROM I-35, VIA MISSION ROAD TO 47th STREET. GO LEFT (east) A FEW BLOCKS & ENTER FROM ADAMS STREET.

WHEN: SUNDAY, MAY 18, 2014, FROM 1:00 P.M. TO SAY 4:00 OR 5:00 P.M.

WHY: MEET WITH OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS OF ALL SMALL & VERY SMALL AUTOMOBILES, SUCH AS ISETTAS, MESSERSCHMIDTS, METROS, MINIS, MINORS ETC. ALL ARE WELCOME. BRING THOSE CARS OUT TO MEET WITH OTHERS OF THEIR KIND! GRASS AREAS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR A SWAP MEET. RESTROOMS AND A WATER FOUNTAIN WILL BE AVAILABLE IN CITY HALL. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY BE CONSUMED ON CITY PREMISES.

WHO: OWNER AND/OR ENTHUSIAST INTEREST MAY INCLUDE (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING MAKES:

ABARTH
BANTAM
BERKELEY
BMW 600, 700
BOND
CITROEN 2CV
CROSLEY
DKW JUNIOR
ESCHELMAN
FIAT 500, 600

FULDAMOBIL
GOGGOMOBIL
HEINKEL
HONDA 600
ISAR
ISETTA
KING MIDGET
KLEINSCHNITTGER
LLOYD ALEXANDER
MAICO

MORRIS MINOR
MORETTI
NSU
NOBLE
RENAULT
SUBARU
TROJAN
VESPA 400
VICTORIA
ZUENDAPP

DONATIONS OF A DOLLAR OR TWO WILL BE WELCOME TO HELP PAY FOR CITY HALL SECURITY, MAILINGS, ETC. ANY EXCESS WILL GO TO CHARITY. ONE REQUEST: PLEASE NO LARGE “FOR SALE” SIGNS.
FOR MORE INFO: CALL JACK AT (913) 236-5224, EVENINGS, OR EMAIL AT
JWISETTAVETTER AT AOL.COM. .

Note: Appearance by ANDEAN EXPRESS (Weather Permitting) with music of the Andes.
(SEE MYSPACE.COM/ANDEANEXPRESS)

Lil Blue
07-07-2014, 07:07 PM
We're doing a fun run to Weston MO this saturday. Here's the latest information on where we're meeting...departing, and where we'll end up. Should be fun

I got our route printed out at work for the Weston Run this Saturday, and made 20 copies. Our final destination will be the St George Hotel and I gave them a heads up we're coming. Lunch there, then shopping for those that choose (first round of shopping on Frank) . I'll have the actual club stickers with me, and the car "name tags" to display on the dashboards for those that asked for one and haven't gotten one yet. (Frank and Mauricio, I'll get your made this week...may make one for Ashley that just say "my Fiat" since she only names her motorcycles) Lastly (I think) we're have a friend of Fiats coming along in her Vette..so we'll "take it easy" on the curves since American cars can only go straight. (hehe). Seems we have 6 Fiats and a Corvette going so far...hopefully we'll get even more than that show up (10am at Culvers at 1925 Prairie crossing KC KS..at the Legends just off of I-435 and Parallel PKWY..leaving at 10:30am). Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. -Ianhttp://www.thesaintgeorgehotel.com/Home_Page.html

Lil Blue
07-21-2014, 06:50 AM
An update on club stuff coming up. August 16th is Hot Alma Nights. http://www.hotalmanights.com/ Alma is a small town in the Flint Hills just west of Topeka just off of I-70. Registration is over, but maybe if you're interested, they may let you register for it. They're also doing a cruise through the Flint HIlls that morning (all info is on the website) The car show is from 4-8. Also...discussion about the Spring Hill car show on September 20th during the Fall Festival and seeing how many might be interested..and if we get enough to be a part of the parade. Registration for this ends August 1st. If interested you need to e-mail the folks (info is on the picture) to get the application to fill out and send back. About it for now.

Lil Blue
07-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Got a thing in the mail (snail mail) from the sponsors of Hot Alma Nights, and basically it sounds like if anyone wants to go (participate), you can register that day (10 bucks), but if you want to stick together as a club, and be able to park on main street (where all the action is)...might be best to skip the cruise through the Flint Hills. Registration begins at 2..so we may want to meet at say 1pm to get in line. The Flint Hills really is a fun drive, but probably best to do as a club only function another day. thoughts?

Lil Blue
07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Since Cars and Coffee has been cancelled...we thought we would do our own..call it Fiats and Cappuccinos. Looks like this Saturday August 2nd. Between 9 and 9:30...just not sure where yet, so if you have a favorite local spot (trying to keep it mom n pop local business if we can) that you think might make a good meet up location...feel free to chime in.

Lil Blue
09-03-2014, 06:48 AM
We're doing Fiats and Espressos again at Happy-X in Lenexa at 9am this Saturday. The address is 7775 Quivera Rd, Lenexa KS. Sounds like this will end up being a monthly thing. We'll be there in spirit this weekend.

Amacento
09-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Congrats on the success you're enjoying with your club & events!

The partnerships you're building with local businesses will pay off. Keep it up coolgleam

Lil Blue
09-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Congrats on the success you're enjoying with your club & events!

The partnerships you're building with local businesses will pay off. Keep it up coolgleam

Thanks...I hope ours gets to be like yours some day....you guys seem to have a lot of fun together.

Lil Blue
09-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Friday evening we're meeting at 4 Seasons Pizza @ 7820 Quivera, Lenexa KS. Not sure of the time yet though. Saturday morning from 8am - 10 am is Cars, Motorcycles, and Coffee @ the Roasterie at 1204 w 27th st KC MO, and later that day from 3pm until "when ever" is KCI Cruise Specialty car Event at the Ambassador building at 12200 NW Ambassador Dr, KC Mo. We haven't decided if we're all going to meet up first for the last one to drive together or not. I'm doing all 3, Her Highness is only doing the Saturday car show with hers.

Lil Blue
09-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Just an update...meeting at 6 pm or so for pizza Friday evening.

Lil Blue
09-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Another update. We're meeting at Northtowne Alfa Romeo/Fiat at 1pm, heading out no later than 130. Bring a lawn chair. And now a shot from last night's Pizza Night...Fiat style.

Lil Blue
09-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Sounds like the Club is going to be in a parade this Saturday. Here's Frank's post from Face Book. DYNAMITE ON SMALL WHEELS The Maysville Country Harvest people have OK'd the club to drive in the parade Sat. Sept. 20. Meet at high school around 11:00, parade at 1:00. If some of the cabrios are willing we're working on getting girls from the St. Joe Blacksnake Roller Girls(derby) to ride in parade in uniform. We need to know ASAP if you and your Fiat are interested. Sunday there will be a car show in Maysville. The address of the high school is 601 W Main St, Maysville, MO 64469

Lil Blue
09-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Sounds like the roller derby girls are in. They're either going to be skating along side, or riding in the Fiats. Now hopefully the weather will be agreeable.

Lil Blue
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
The next thing is a meet-up at the Sonic at 5440 Merriam Dr, Shawnee KS at 6pm on Thursday Sept. 25th. Hooking up with the mini club.

Lil Blue
09-24-2014, 06:04 AM
Also..this Friday is a meet and greet at Cupini's. Dinner starts at 7pm. If you RSVP, Olathe Fiat will pick up your check. So RSVP people!!! Followed by a night at Aura KC. If you want to RSVP and don't do Facebook, I would say call Olathe Fiat and talk to Terry. (tried to share on the red forum..but it's acting funky for me)

Lil Blue
09-24-2014, 06:36 PM
FIAT Dinner at Cupini’s in Westport, located at 1809 Westport Rd. Kansas City, MO. Dinner will start at 7:00 pm. Please RSVP to Terry Hines at 816-506-9680 or THines@olathedcj.com. Fiat Friday at the Aura Clube will follow dinner.

Lil Blue
09-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Meeting up at Nebraska Furniture Mart this morning at 10 am to do a K-5 run. Kind of an impromptu thing that was brought up last night.

Lil Blue
09-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Fiats and Espressos at Happy-X this Saturday morning from 8-11 am (I'm bringing donuts). The address is 7775 Quivera Rd Lenexa KS (on the east side of Quivera)

Lil Blue
10-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Saturday October 18th. Meet up in Alma KS at 11 am at the Phillips 66 on the south side of Alma. Head out around 1130. Take 99 south to hwy 4 west to hwy 177 south to Council Grove. Lunch at http://www.hayshouse.com/, then head on south on 177 to the Tall Grass Prairie Preserve. Then further south on 177 to I35 for more fun roads, or 50 east back to I35

Lil Blue
10-12-2014, 06:47 AM
We've been invited to join one of the local Corvette clubs for dinner at the Longbranch Saloon at 8600 Marshall Dr Lenexa KS on Thursday Oct. 16th. Starting at 5pm. We can't park with the vettes though. The Stolen Winnebagos are going to be playing starting at 6pm (mostly classic rock if I remember right).

Lil Blue
10-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Ok..bit of a change of plans for Saturday. We're going to meet at the parking lot (think it's a park and ride lot) at K-7 and I-70 in Bonner Springs at 930am...head out at 945(ish) am. We'll pull over at each toll point on I-70 until everyone gets through (tolls will be about 4 bucks I think). Then we'll still use the Phillips 66 on the south side of Alma KS..hoping to be there at 11am, head out at 1130 am.

Lil Blue
10-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Meeting at 9am on Sunday October 26th at Ferris Truck Stop (exit 35 off of I29, 1303 I-29 frontage rd, Faucett, MO), heading out by 930 am. He's has a pretty extensive trip route with stops at Krugg park in St Joseph, MO for photo ops (done up in Italian Renaissance Architecture), King HIll Outlook Point, passing by the Pony Express Museum, etc...finally ending up for lunch at 1 or so at Gyro/Mediterranean Grill for the buffet. Possibly dessert at a chocolate place afterwards. etc. Views and scenery should be great. Sounds like fun. https://www.facebook.com/gyroparadise

Lil Blue
10-29-2014, 07:13 AM
This Saturday is Fiats and Espressos at Happy X at 7775 Quivera rd, Lenexa KS from 9-11. It's also Zaid's b-day...so lets make it special for him. He opens the place for us and doesn't charge us for his coffee..and it's really good (and pretty dang strong). C'mon out and chill with your fellow Fiat enthusiasts.

Lil Blue
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Looks like some of us are going to the Friday Cruise at the Longbranch Saloon at 9095 Metcalf, O.P. KS. We're going to try to meet at 5:30 pm. This is usually a pretty good mix of cars.

Lil Blue
11-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Looks like Fiat of Olathe is hosting another Fiat Friday this weekend starting at 10pm club Aura and is inviting anyone from the club out as V.I.P.'s again. Should be fun. https://www.facebook.com/aurakansasc...66350843378134 http://www.aurakc.com/

Lil Blue
11-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Meet and Greet at Ricco's this Saturday at 6pm. http://www.riccoskc.com/ It's at College and Quivera (11801 College Blvd). If you plan on attending, please let me know in case I have to boost up the reservation count.

Lil Blue
11-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Thanks to Steve mark for taking these. Mine came out "crappy". Had a good turn out.

Lil Blue
11-25-2014, 07:56 PM
ok folks...we really need to step it up for this Saturday's Cars and Coffee at the KC Auto Museum at 116th and Strang Line Rd in Olathe (just up from Olathe Fiat (oh..and Dodge Chrysler Jeep). It's from 8-10 am and is the last one for the season. They were all about how 3 (yes..only 3) Ford Focus ST (ugh..bland) was well represented and how they loved the aggressive styling. We had 3 Fiats and not one picture (zero, zilch, nada) about us being there (even with Frank's custom pinstriping job being there on his). I'm going to try to get there about 730 or so to get a decent parking space.

Lil Blue
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Zaid is once again hosting Fiats and Espressos this Saturday December 6th at his new location, Pirate's Bone, in Brookside. Starts at 9am, and the address is 645 E 59th st, KC MO. We're also going to be having the Christmas party here the following weekend, and the Great Plains SPCA animal shelter is the charity we'll be collecting for. Here's a list of their immediate needs if you want to start collecting now. http://www.greatplainsspca.org/donate/wish-list/ http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2TGQ9EQY1INTY/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o

High priority items:

Canned kitten and cat food (pâté style)
Canned puppy and dog food
Basic clay kitty litter (non-clumping)
Kong Toys
Peanut Butter for Kongs
High-efficiency laundry detergent
Purell hand sanitizing gel
Windex
Paper towels
55 gallon trash bags
Copy paper
Gift cards to Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores

Lil Blue
12-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Update...the location has changed to Bob Evans at 9am...5870 Antioch Rd Mission KS (basically at Johnson Drive and I-35). The Animal Shelter is just up the road, so we're going to caravan there.

Lil Blue
01-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Had another meeting yesterday at Northtowne Alfa Romeo Fiat, and it sounds like there's going to be a full year of activities....including our usual car shows/fun runs/and meet and greets, looking into a track event out in Topeka and more involvement in SCCA events, an overnight trip, and a charity drive in April for a couple of animal shelters. Northtowne is looking into hosting a couple of events in the evening, and Mac is working on making contact with Fiat Club of America about becoming an official chapter finally. We're also thinking of changing the name of the club itself since the one I came up with isn't very original and is a bit long winded. We have a name picked out...it's being trademarked for us though...so Frank is looking into it.

Short term...we're looking at doing a meet and greet dinner at Cupini's in Harrisonville MO soon.