PDA

View Full Version : 500x logo, renderings

Andree
04-09-2014, 07:00 AM
"Though it will share the platform, engines and various other parts with the Jeep Renegade, the Fiat 500X crossover will be quite different from the Jeep model. The Fiat 500X will be a milder version of the Jeep Renegade and will be intended for the soft roading crowd.

Since soft roading is what the Fiat 500X intends to do, the 4X4 system of the Jeep Renegade will be replaced by a lighter all wheel drive unit with a lower amount of technology. Remember, the Renegadeís Trail Hawk model comes with Jeepís Selec Terrain system, which is expected to be deleted on the 500X.

Also, lower spec suspension, lower ground clearance and smaller departure angles will be what the Fiat 500Xís design will reflect as the crossover is intended mainly for on road use. The price tag of the Fiat 500X could also reflect these deletions and the crossover is likely to be priced lower than the Renegade."

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/fiat-500x-crossover-badge-design-revealed-88232/

janaheim
04-10-2014, 05:24 AM
"Though it will share the platform, engines and various other parts with the Jeep Renegade, the Fiat 500X crossover will be quite different from the Jeep model. The Fiat 500X will be a milder version of the Jeep Renegade and will be intended for the soft roading crowd.

Since soft roading is what the Fiat 500X intends to do, the 4X4 system of the Jeep Renegade will be replaced by a lighter all wheel drive unit with a lower amount of technology. Remember, the Renegadeís Trail Hawk model comes with Jeepís Selec Terrain system, which is expected to be deleted on the 500X.

Also, lower spec suspension, lower ground clearance and smaller departure angles will be what the Fiat 500Xís design will reflect as the crossover is intended mainly for on road use. The price tag of the Fiat 500X could also reflect these deletions and the crossover is likely to be priced lower than the Renegade."

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/fiat-500x-crossover-badge-design-revealed-88232/

Oh wow, I love it, both the logo and especially the car. Now that's what I call a home run!

sbulla
04-10-2014, 06:08 AM
I wonder if we'll get the Diesel engine here in the US?

bryanintowson
04-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Methinks not:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/04/marchionne-no-money-in-small-diesel-cars/

FTY
04-10-2014, 11:58 AM
I like it! Looks like a lifted punto to a degree.

Welchlin
04-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Logo looks good, wish the car was a bit more boxier though... like a Panda!

Andree
04-14-2014, 03:45 AM
And another rendering, with potential details for the Indian market:

"Powertrain options for the 500X will include Fiat Multiair turbocharged petrol engines, Multijet diesel engines and a flex-fuel motor. Transmission choices will come in the form of manual, dual-clutch automatic and a range-topping 9-speed automatic gearbox developed by ZF.

While the base variants of the 500X will offer a traditional front-wheel drive layout, the top-end variants will feature all-wheel drive.

Both urban SUVs are scheduled to enter production this year at Fiat’s plant in Melfi, Italy. A few reports even claim that trial production of both cars has already commenced at the plant.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/04/fiat-500x-logo-126445#ixzz2yqOT4Fue
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook "

Sounds pretty good to me. Like the idea of once again having multiple trim levels. Want the four doors but don't need the 4WD, no problem. Absolutely need the 4WD for snow country, no problem.

The image in this article looks like a Trekking 500X. LOL. We'll go ahead and imagine more confusion if they have Sport wheels and Lounge seating.

The thing I like about the second drawing are the turn signals in the side mirrors. I think those are very useful, much more visible when changing lanes, than my regular 500 has (and my side turn signals are much better than none at all!).

And mark the calendar, it should be revealed in full on July 4.