Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

Just gassed up my Abarth...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chops
    • Mar 2014

Just gassed up my Abarth...

So when I got my Abarth last Wednesday, the dealership filled up the tank with 87 octane. Last night, the fuel gauge dropped down to the last bar, and I drove another 12 miles today before filling up with 93 octane. The trip o-meter registered 212 miles, and I put in 9.56 gallons, equaling a massive 22 mpg! Ouch!

Then again, it's been a long time since I've had a turbo, I always drive in "Sport" mode, and have had a very heavy right foot for the past week.
    2018 Blue Denim 500L Trekking
    2016 Nissan 370Z
  • MikeThinks
    • Jun 2011

MPG increases for the 1st 2000+ miles. I average 32 with mostly moderate stop and go traffic.

Comment

• Tweak
      Rest In Peace
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by MikeThinks
      MPG increases for the 1st 2000+ miles. I average 32 with mostly moderate stop and go traffic.
      +1, it usually improves for most people, mine tends to hang around 28.x usually when not doing any longer drives.
      Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• NORCAL SS
        • May 2013

30-32 mpg after i did the downpipe mod and cat back exhaust it helped the car nicely and my commute is 70 percent city 30 freeway.
        CHECK OUT MY NORCAL SS VENDOR SECTION FOR MANY AFTERMARKET FIAT PARTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES PLUS 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 24/7 AT 415 519 2432 OR EMAIL [email protected]

INSTAGRAM NORCAL_SS_CUSTOMS

MY 2013 ABARTH BUILD >>>>>>http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...3-Abarth-Build

Comment

• Robert Nixon

This is where "your mileage may vary" is all you can say. We all drive differently su without more info it doesn't mean anything. Other than autocross my car does about 34mpg so I'm happy
          2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
          My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• mneuman916
            -
            • Nov 2011

My usual driving is highway heavy. Here are my last 6 fill ups with Costco 93 octane, 10% ethanol. This is also using winter blend fuel; my mileage always gets a healthy increase when we switch to the summer blend fuel.

Comment

• Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • Feb 2012

I have to say the MPG varys widely from 8 MPG at the track to 42 MPG on the highway.
              2012 Rosso Abarth , Supersprint turboback exhaust, RRM chasis braces, Euro-Drive Phase 1.1+ ,Eurocompulsion V4 CAI, Bilstein coilovers, Nuef rear torsion bar, TWM Short shifter,TWM shift knob, CPR engine cover, Go fast Bits DV+ diverter, Nuef torque arm damper, ATM FMIC, Rear seat delete, Wood Bros armrest from italy, Norcal SS Custom Pillar Gauge
              2013 Rosso Abarth Parts car due to a rollover

Comment

• Chops
                • Mar 2014

Just so you guys know, I'm by no means complaining. I'm quite positive that if I drive normally, I'll be able to manage 32-35 mpg in the city, if not better. I'm just having some fun right now with my new wheels! I've always been good at squeezing the best mpg's out of a vehicle. My last car, a '91 Miata was rated for 25 mpg, but I was able to get it up to 44-49 mpg easily via some creative hypermiling.
                2018 Blue Denim 500L Trekking
                2016 Nissan 370Z

Comment

• slowbird
                  • Dec 2013

The best I have ever done on my Abarth has been 39MPG. It was a decent cruise on back roads averaging 80km/h with not very frequent stops. Gear in the hatch and averaged sized buddy in the passenger seat. Shell 91 Ethanol free fuel and -10 temps outside.

I'm hoping for better fuel economy in the summer.

Comment

• shadowshaggy
                    Super Tech
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Oct 2013

100mi round trip at 60mph with 5 stops, 38-39mpg. Trip to Memphis/back today 70-75mph yielded 36-37mpg. Like 4-5mpg at the track

93 octane, 10% ethanol
                    Mods I don't have:
                    cage
                    stripped interior
                    chassis braces
                    cam
                    big turbo
                    new internals
                    ....pretty much everything else

Sponsors:
                    Eurocompulsion
                    AAD
                    Cipher Auto

Pending:
                    Megan Racing (coil-overs)

Comment

• Smith1
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2014

Considering that I am not taking very long drives and am a self-admitted stop-and-go driver, I only manage to get around 27. Mpg. However, even that is not as bad as some of the others I have seen here. This thread tells me I need to make longer drives it seems

Comment

• N2MYE30
                        • Jan 2014

I average 28mpgs with a total of 2500 miles but I have a commute of 12 miles of highways cruzin ~75mph. Im sure if I had another high gear, my mpgs would improve greatly.

Comment

• jimmybuckets
                          • Dec 2013

I usually average about 24-25 MPG. Just took a 2000 mile trip and got 30mpg. Car said my average. Speed was 65 MPH =)

Comment