PDA

View Full Version : Parts Availability

Timothy Allen
03-21-2014, 04:49 PM
So, I installed hitch wiring on my 2014 Fiat 500L and in the process, the access doors in the interior rear for the tail lights broke. Both of them, the little thumb clips broke off, being so cold out. No big deal, buy the access doors from Fiat. Right? Wrong. Even though they both have clear part numbers written on them, they are not serviced parts. I would have to buy the entire rear quarter panels at $400.00 a piece. Checked with my local studio, and called Fiat Cares, and confirmed this. Now, I know they is a bucket of these parts somewhere being used to build new elles. They won't sell them. This is not good. What other small parts are not serviced?

Curious
03-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Simple fix: tape the doors shut with electrical tape. Who will ever see them anyway?

sbulla
03-21-2014, 10:35 PM
I wrecked mine and had to replace both drivers side doors. Waited a few months for all of the parts. Still waiting for the car ID decals that go inside the driver's door. I'm sure this will get better as more 500L are sold.

NGEN
03-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Salvage yard. They are slowly starting to show up. There is one currently in Houston (Market Street at the ship channel). I don't have a number but try and google it.

Try finding a pigtail for the third brake light (it's a part of the wiring harness). Ours got damaged going back in when we painted the roof (connectors). The couple that we have found all want to sell the entire tailgate.

Good luck with the search but that would definitely be your best bet