PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to Abarth Experience

duster497
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm beyond excited....not only do I get to participate in my first ever track event, I get to do so in an Abarth. Ever more exciting, I'm going to to be road tripping from Seattle down to Fontana in my Abarth for the event. I'm leaving on the 5th of April, and plan to be home the 10th. Going to just enjoy the drive, find some scenic/fun routes and just be a wanderer, camping here and there (may even have a go at sleeping in my car), stopping wherever, on the way down and back. I'm looking forward to spending roughly 2500 miles in my car, 'bonding'. This trip will also find me flipping 10,000 miles. Makes me a tiny bit sad, but I think it's the perfect way to hit 10,000!! I will update once I get back how the experience was.

Tweak
03-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Sounds like partial fun...camping and car sleeping wouldn't work for me...lol. Sad you'll not make it to the FOTD run though, I imagine the Dragon run will be more fun than a track day but both are fun times so you'll be enjoying yourself and the Abarth which is what matters. Hope you have a great and safe time!

melanzane
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Have fun. Word of caution on your trip - be careful of any high speed braking maneuvers. The rear end on your car can and will get squirrelly and it spooks a lot of people the first time it happens.

Robert Nixon
03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
After doing it last year I know you will have FUN!