PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Seat Height modification?

Thad
03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
The 2014 model year cars have a different passenger seat that lowers the seating height to be much more reasonable. Has anyone yet investigated what it would take to retrofit an earlier car with the newer parts?

mneuman916
03-16-2014, 07:40 PM
The 2014 model year cars have a different passenger seat that lowers the seating height to be much more reasonable. Has anyone yet investigated what it would take to retrofit an earlier car with the newer parts?

I think Norcal has a lower bracket on order. I'm curious about this as well. Though I'm not overly concerned, Anna is only 5' 4", lol!

Tweak
03-16-2014, 07:51 PM
I think Norcal has a lower bracket on order. I'm curious about this as well. Though I'm not overly concerned, Anna is only 5' 4", lol!

You need to raise it, a booster seat maybe...haha. :D

GHAZAN
04-12-2014, 03:16 PM
any updates on this?

SeattleAbarth
04-23-2014, 02:33 AM
Curious on the seat bracks as well.. if that makes a 2" drop in the seat.. i think that'll be great.

I had a theory i'm looking into.

Source:
http://www.mopar.com/fiat/500/2013/shop/353378/30/3120/

Was thinking of just ordering the 'base' of a seat with REALLY good side bolster, and a lower deep seat recess. BUT swap and keep the back portion of the Factory Seat.

Potential Issues:

1. bracket to join the rear and lower seat are not aligned, or bolt-up design is not compatable.

1a. possible adjustment with 'washers' I believe can be done.
2a. Making sure bolt can handle the load equal to EOM bolts (if new bolts are needed).
3. Unicorn tears are needed for the lower seat base adapter to function.

I will be taking measurements on the weekend. But this might be the BEST 'cost effective' methoad if you do not want to dump 3k on SEATS, or otherwise forgo the Seat side air-bags. (which if you have a passanger, would suck to have them die on your conscious in the odd event you are not aware you are about to get tboned.)

so 'safety' is the main reason i find retaining the upper portion of the seats. Seat pressure senser/etc is meh in my book.

gorinaboubou
06-25-2014, 09:54 PM
hi nobody have fresh news on the difference between 2013 to 2014 seat height passenger !!!!!!

NGEN
06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
It is 1" lower on the 2014. That's all I know.

cy-clone33
06-25-2014, 10:02 PM
I have the answer to this,, unfortunately according to D & D Fiat in Davenport Iowa our seats wont bolt onto the new sliders, I have a warranty issue with my passenger seat and requested the new version and Dwayne did the checking and said it wont fit