PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Abarth GQ edition?

FiatofSavannah
03-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Didn't see a thread on this so thought I'd ask, how do you all feel about the new GQ edition Abarth? I think it's a great change of pace for somebody who wants to power of an Abarth, but doesn't care for the race look with the logos, etc.

No Abarth badges on it, no race style seats, but extremely nice look over all.

What are your opinions?

dylansi
03-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Anyone else notice it is a 6 Speed?

Marvin Martian
03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Anyone else notice it is a 6 Speed?

Huh, I was at my dealer last week and did not notice it is a 6 speed.....but it sure is in the pic.....

shadowshaggy
03-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I call BS, why does the GQ (as cool as it is) get a 6-speed and we don't? That's some strait up bull.....boo Fiat on that one....

Is a very nice ride however.

tknospdr
03-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I like the overall look, saw one at the studio...
But I'd want Abarth badges on it.

trevc
03-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Not sure where you got those pictures but that is not an Abarth (or a US spec car for that matter).

Long_John
03-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Those are some shady pictures

Robert Nixon
03-10-2014, 02:57 PM
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/500c/gq/

From the Fiat USA website, I guess the GQ comes as a cabriolet, with the Abarth 160hp turbo tune, and a few badges, black headlights, 16 inch wheels, and FIAT badges. List price starts in the $26K's.

I'm not in the GQ magazine demographic, so am way more happy with my Abarth than one of these.

For someone who IS in the GQ demographic age range (under40?), it's another option.

Just curious how Fiat will be reporting monthly sales...does the GQ get lumped in with all the regular 500s? I think they normally just break it down by 500, 500e, and 500L, but it would be nice to see where the Turbo, GQ, Abarth, and Gucci sell.

shadowshaggy
03-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Not sure where you got those pictures but that is not an Abarth (or a US spec car for that matter).

The GQ uses the Abarth engine and trans, but Sport everything else with a GQ touch. Take a look on the Fiat website, its a neat car ;)

Infinite_Day
03-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Some of the aspects of the car do line up with the 2014 NA edition. The transmission is wrong though - it is still a 5 speed. It looks like it's just a largely re-badged Abarth Cabrio? The engine output is the same. Wonder if the suspension is as well? Take the GQ badges off and you have a complete sleeper Abarth badged as a 500. The photos above are likely the European edition, I would assume.

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/500c/gq/

^^ Corrected above by somebody else.

trevc
03-10-2014, 03:04 PM
It is not an Abarth and it is not called that on the website.
It's a 500Cabrio with an Abarth engine and transmission and GQ badges. Very odd. I would rather get a decent suspension and get the real Abarth Cabrio.

The GQ uses the Abarth engine and trans, but Sport everything else with a GQ touch. Take a look on the Fiat website, its a neat car ;)

Small&Wicked2013
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
It is way to docile to call it an Abarth. I drove one last week and all I will say is that I Love my Abarth! Barely any exhaust note at all on the GQ.

Evogelion
03-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Take the GQ badges off and you have a complete sleeper Abarth badged as a 500.

They have that, its called a 500Turbo.. jeez.. sorry sorry.. *rubs temples* I need a break... Abarth guys give me headaches

Infinite_Day
03-10-2014, 03:33 PM
They have that, its called a 500Turbo.. jeez.. sorry sorry.. *rubs temples* I need a break... Abarth guys give me headaches

Eh? That was kind of rude. I didn't read that the GQ used the Sport suspension when I posted. I did a search for the GQ edition on Fiat's website and didn't realize it was listed under the 500C category. I assumed that since it used the Abarth variant of the motor it had upgraded suspension. An incorrect assumption. Personally I wouldn't want a plain badged Abarth - it was just a comment.

junnyquest
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM

Eh? That was kind of rude...

I don't think he meant that literally, but (hopefully) just a slightly misplaced attempt at humor. Evogelion was joking with Tweak in a similar way last night. Look carefully at Evo's new avatar.

FiatofSavannah
03-11-2014, 01:29 PM
You guys are correct, it's not a 6 speed. I grabbed the first pictures of it I found on my computer without paying attention.

The GQ does have sport suspension but is only a 5 speed same as the Abarth. Now I've not taken either one to Auto X but I will say I just drove both this morning and notice minimal difference driving around the city. Our GQ sounds a little quieter than the Abarth, but not much. It still has that rumble when you start it from the dual exhaust.

FiatofSavannah
03-11-2014, 01:29 PM

With 25 less HP than an Abarth

Abarthone
03-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Nice but i prefer my Abarth.....

Tweak
03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Nice but i prefer my Abarth.....

What more need be said. Totally agree.