PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Experience Videos - Fixing them

shadowshaggy
03-10-2014, 12:07 PM
So for all of those who have messed up or incomplete videos, I'm gonna show you how to fix them :jaw:

First - Download Race-Keeper Comparo (http://www.race-keeper.com/support/downloads) click on the 37MB red file to download :eagerness:

Second - to make it go a little faster, create a folder on your desktop - and transfer all the content to that folder from the flash drive (ALL CONTENT NOT JUST VIDEO FILES - VERY IMPORTANT) (Race-Keeper Comparo referred to RKC from now on)

Third - Open RKC (after installing obviously) and cancel the update thing

Fourth - Once into RKC - Select the Open option

Fifth - select where you want the video files to be stored on the bottom left

Sixth - depress the Shift key and select all of the video files and select "Import"

After a few minutes, all of the video files will have been gone through and then you will have all of the fixed video files in the location you selected ThrashinSmiley

It'll take a few minutes depending on the PC you're using, mine took about 2 minutes (but I have an i5 and a SSD ;)) for most people you'll be looking at 8-10 minutes, some less, some more.

If you have any issues with it, PM me and we'll setup a time for a remote login session (https://join.me/) and I can take care of it remotely for you. Again, any issues arise let me know and I can walk you through it.

streetsurfer
03-10-2014, 01:02 PM
This will be very helpful when my turn comes. Thank you sir!

I am not up to speed on the filming. Do they provide the camera in each car and flash drive or do/can we bring our own?

I will be signing up at REI, I am thinking, for the evening of gopro orientation. I will work with your instructions ahead of my event. Great of you to provide this.

shadowshaggy
03-10-2014, 01:15 PM
There's two on-board cams, one pointed directly at you and the other pointed out of the middle of the windshield. Super sensitive mics too.....oops ;)

Yes the provide the flash drive, not a cool one but one anyways. It's a 4GB and the video only fills about 1/2 or so, depends on how many runs you get in. There'll be a few videos that are jacked up beyond repair, but this will get you most of the anyways.

It sucks, the video I where I slid thru the corner and was nearly looking at my driver rear quarter panel was too corrupted.....makes me sad. It was in the head-to-head competition.

BTW, they run about 50lbs of air in the tires; so the car will be a bit slippery in hard corners. Bring a pair of gloves too, it'll help you out with the slick as crap leather steering wheel; you can bring your own helmet too - but it has to be an automotive approved not a motorcycle helmet as I learned.

streetsurfer
03-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all that. I did inquire about helmet too. Mine is a new agv that carries the two symbols she said required,( dot and snell?) but does not say auto specific so she suggest just bringing it to see. Five fingers are approved as shoes btw. Someone quoted here or at another site about running four to a vehicle. I was told that cannot and would not happen. Two only. Driver and instructor. Observer may get a hot lap with instructor at end also. Might depend on time left if i recall.

Thanks again!

Oh, and its a shame your corner drift didn't pan out.....hey, could be a pun in there, I guess.

shadowshaggy
03-10-2014, 07:01 PM
M-2010 is a motorcycle only certified helmet
SA-2010 is the auto certified one

M is "guaranteed" for one hard impact
SA is "guaranteed" for two hard impacts and is flame retardant

Aside from that, it's you & instructor at most in a car at once - although 4 people maybe assigned to the same car. They do try to work in the observer ride-along since someone paid $100 for them to come, and breakfast/lunch ain't that fancy ;) We had 11 drivers & 3 observers, they all got several laps & we finished at 3:30-3:45

DaytonAbarth
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
I went to the one in Joliet IL yesterday, bringing my GoPro and helmet, didn't read this first, so I could do video if they didn't and I've got a bit of a larger sized melon & wanted to make sure the helmet fit! Just watched my videos, most are good, at least one the rear view is upside-down (didn't roll the car), and a few the windows are kinda funky (like some are split screen, others are 1 screen and blank).

Think I'll try the RKC later tonight.

rpassavant
08-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Will the RKC tool allow you to rotate one of the camera output?

The exterior camera on the Driving experience car I was using was inverted for 6 of the 7 runs and since the videos appear to be interlaced tools like VLC won't let me rotate just the exterior portion of the video.

Here are two screenshot examples:

shadowshaggy
08-25-2015, 11:58 AM
You'll have to separate the video files and rotate them individually with an editing program, Windows Movie Maker will allow you to rotate them.

rpassavant
08-25-2015, 03:57 PM
You'll have to separate the video files and rotate them individually with an editing program,

That's the first question - they appear to be interlaced and I can't think of "de-interlacer" to use to do it

Windows Movie Maker will allow you to rotate them.

I'm on a Mac, but I know VLC can do it too.

The final challenge would be re-interlacing them and putting them back in a format that RaceKeeper could use to output the "finished" video.

shadowshaggy
08-25-2015, 09:14 PM
From what I recall, you can edit the video files separately from RKC. Look at the flash drive and get the files.

If you put them in Dropbox or something like that and give me the info, I'll take a look and fix them this weekend.